What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
After 61 pages on our old thread: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-s-the-Latest-CD-LP-Added-to-Your-Pile/page61 we're overdue for a new one! Please do not use the old thread.

A review of the guidelines for this thread:
1- Please post any 2ch or mono LP's or CD's added to your collection.
2- DO NOT post Quad LP's or CD's, Blu-Ray, DVD-A, DVD-V, DTS CD, or ANY SACD, 2ch, 3ch or 5.1. There are individual threads for these formats.
3- Also, there are threads for several tape formats, so please don't post those purchases here, either.
4- Downloads also have their own threads, so please post them on their dedicated threads.

Thanks, in advance, to everyone for their cooperation.
Quad Linda
Quad Goddess and Friendly Moderator

So, besides starting a new thread, I visited two used stores today. I got all this for $6. I have everything on the Chicago and Streisand on other releases. I bought the Herb Alpert as a new release 2ch LP. I have a CD, 2ch LP, Juke Box EP, and mono LP already. Since this one is a sealed mono copy, it was worth $5 to me.

herbalpertthetijuanabrass-soundslike....jpg
Sounds like... Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass mono LP SEALED! :banana: a wonderful album!

$T2eC16V,!ykE9s7tw3RVBRcv1!3vMQ~~60_35.JPG
New Gold Disc - Barbra Streisand Phillppine LP

Unknown.jpeg
Love Songs - Chicago CD

Several in the last week or two and I've not had time to give any my undivided attention yet unfortunately:

Van der Graaf Generator - After the Flood (at the BBC 1968 - 1977)
large5088.jpg

Wire - Wire (2015 s/t new album)
wire.jpg

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Trilogy (new deluxe edition)
large5135.jpg

Jethro Tull - Minstrel in the Gallery (La Grande Edition)
large5059.jpg

Calexico - Edge of the Sun (Deluxe Edition)
512sdCxygbL._SY355_.jpg

Bill Nelson - Swoons & Levitations
Swoons_cover150.jpg

Boz.jpgffolly.jpgKate.jpg
Went to my local record shop today and dropped more cash than was anticipated. Listening to Boz on blue vinyl now. I am loving it, but wasn't expecting a slow jazzy type of album. Guess I had Jojo on my mind. I wonder if it will be on surround disc later....

There was another "Wire" band in the midwest in the late sixties-early seventies. They may have been from Detroit or maybe Chicago. Linda, do you remember anything about them?

Doug

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double trouble - The complete Epic recordings Box
Jethro Tull - Minstrel in the Gallery (5.1 of course)
Anthony Phillips - The Geese and the Ghost (a little late to the party on this great set)
Grateful Dead - Dave's Picks 14 (plus Bonus Subscribers disc)

View attachment 18746View attachment 18747View attachment 18748
Went to my local record shop today and dropped more cash than was anticipated. Listening to Boz on blue vinyl now. I am loving it, but wasn't expecting a slow jazzy type of album. Guess I had Jojo on my mind. I wonder if it will be on surround disc later....

Boz has been a late life pleasure for me...yes I loved Silk Degrees and "back in the day" I loved songs like Lido Shuffle and Low Down..but he wasn't even on my radar until I started buying surround discs and purchased Dig....it all changed from that point on...in your post you mentioned "expecting"something in the way of content...well..IMO...that's the beauty of Boz...in his Wikipedia page under genre they list...blue eyed soul...rock...blues rock...soft rock..jazz rock...he's a chameleon of sorts...he fits into any type of music...he's certainly not "type cast" in any genre...the diversity of his efforts are seen within a single album...one song sometimes so different from the rest...my latest issue of Rolling Stone had something to say about that new album HERE

Another new addition to my CD catalog...mostly I have been replacing CD's...but this one I never owned...but this Grace Jones Disco blu ray release has tweaked my interest back to Disco...and let me make this clear..I loved Disco then and I still love Disco..my love of that music has never waivered...despite all the Disco bashing I was exposed to "back in the day"...since I was a hard rock guy most of my friends didn't understand my love of disco...and others never knew...so I bought a cd from the Queen of Disco...Gloria Gaynor...I'm playing it now and its sounds excellent..here are the numbers

002.JPG

After listening to this CD I must say that song 13 is superb....it's a Tom Moulton Mix of I will survive...that song sounds like a hi rez disc song...very cool indeed

From yesterday's Milwaukee trip:
Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass Christmas Album mono LP
Like many albums pressed by Columbia in 1968, the cover is stereo, but the sticker on the upper left says "promotional copy MONAURAL not for sale." Yes, I know it's an A&M release, but Columbia pressed them in those days.

OK, so there used to be a thread called "What's spinning on the turntable" that I wanted to post to. I just pulled these out and played them tonight, but have actually owned them for a while. They are from 1977-1978. The middle one should be an easy guess, the bottom one may be a little trickier. If you grew up listening to KSHE-95 in St. Louis, in the late 70's and early 80's, the main track was routinely on the radio (and a high school dance staple despite the, or perhaps because of the lyrics).
7778.jpg

There is still a "What's Spinning on the Turntable" thread: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...e8&highlight=what's+spinning+on+the+turntable

When I was with Pacific Stereo in Chicago, we hosted a sales event at the Checkerdome in St. Louis, and did live remote commercials on KSHE for the event.. We all made far less money than we would have in our respective stores that weekend. Still, we partied our brains out, and got wined and dined. We were chilling and getting blasted in someone's room on the ground floor of Sheraton Westport near the pool. Someone decided to leave a trail of food for the ducks, which led into his room. For awhile, we had ducks partying with us in the room!

Did you ever notice that the KSHE pig closely resembles the porker on the cover of Bloodwyn Pig's Ahead Rings Out?

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Could you be thinking of Fuse?? They were from the Midwest currently known as Cheap Trick.

There was another "Wire" band in the midwest in the late sixties-early seventies. They may have been from Detroit or maybe Chicago. Linda, do you remember anything about them?

Doug

Back