What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again I've fallen way behind in posting all the cd's I get. Here's a couple that arrived just now:

Anneli Drecker - Revelation for Personal Use (singer from Norwegian band Bel Canto, sometimes touring member of A-Ha etc...her latest solo album)
411jNa-xusL.jpg

Shelleyann Orphan - Boxset (4cd + DVD)
81CJY5O8hBL._SL400_.jpg

Turned up today The Mission, Styx, the track I heard sounded great, back to the old sound, lets hope it does get the 5.1 treatment

Three CD's..... all the new Pet Shop Boys remasters for 'Nightlife' (3CD), 'Release' (3CD) and 'Fundamental' (2CD). The remastering seems good on first listen, and the tracks on the extra discs are great.

The 2015 reissue of Jean-Michel Jarre "Revolutions".
The title track has strangely been re-recorded/added to which is unfortunate IMHO.

Revolutions_Jarre_Album.jpg

and some cars, 2 Lp with etched side, remaster sounds real good

cars.jpg

very mint golden oldie

soncher.jpg

and a super cool japan first pressing :banana:

manferd.jpg

I just received Blancmange's The Blanc Tapes deluxe box set on Wednesday. So far, I've only listened to the first five songs off the first disc of Happy Families and the sound quality rivals the original 2008 release. A slight bit more compressed but the clarity is phenomenal like they actually used the master tape. The set is done very well and exactly replicates and surpasses the original releases. I think I'm in the minority when I say that each release got better. At least, they tried to make a comeback a few years ago with only one member out of the two remaining, to this day.

IMG_0086.JPG

Alice Cooper-Paranormal 2 cd set[with my 10 percent off B&N member discount and a 10 dollar off coupon it only cost me $3.85 with tax]

I was at my local store this weekend and picked up 2 surround and 2 stereo discs. I found the Nick Cave - The Firstborn Is Dead cd/dvd package used for 6.99 bringing my Nick Cave dts total to 5. I am still on the look out for the sets I am missing. I have Firstborn is Dead, Kicking Against the Pricks, Your Funeral ... My Trial, Tender Prey, and The Good Son. Still hope to fill out the rest of the discs. I also found The Pixies- Doolittle bluray that I didn't own. The 2 cds were a dB's twofer of Stands for deciBels/Repercussion that I did not have and Dexter Romweber - Carrboro. I have always had the dBs Repercussion on vinyl and an early cd, but have only had Stands for deciBels on an old cassette. I am glad that I bought it. I am not sure what it is, but I think I enjoy the experience of going to the store and finding things rather than just have it all available to me on Amazon. I am sure that something is wrong with me. I hope the new Dream Syndicate album is worth my wait.

Arrived today via Amazon UK. The Tubes The A&M Albums including bonus tracks. All three of the bonus tracks were previously released on the album Trash. I now have 3 copies of Remote Control. It'll be interesting comparing the previous release with this new one to find out if they sound different. CD's are packaged inside cardboard sleeves inside a cardboard flip box. Also, comes with a small booklet that talks about those years. Though, rather briefly. :)

The-Tubes-AM-Years-300x300.jpg

Arrived today via Amazon UK. The Tubes The A&M Albums including bonus tracks. All three of the bonus tracks were previously released on the album Trash. I now have 3 copies of Remote Control. It'll be interesting comparing the previous release with this new one to find out if they sound different. CD's are packaged inside cardboard sleeves inside a cardboard flip box. Also, comes with a small booklet that talks about those years. Though, rather briefly. :)

View attachment 30468

What I wouldn't give to hear these albums in 5.1. The Tubes' music was made for surround!

Yep, I am another who took the chance on "The Mission" from Styx.

I have sat back and listened 3 times.

Fantastic.

Red Storm is a true favorite having that wonderful PROG feel.

Old voices usually don't hold up but...... These sound like early 1980's vocals to me.

Highly recommended. :smokin

What I wouldn't give to hear these albums in 5.1. The Tubes' music was made for surround!

I had the pleasure of seeing the Tubes and the Be~Bop Deluxe live on a double bill in NYC in the 80's and if ever there was a group deserving of the 5.1 treatment, the Tubes would surely qualify. And their videos were likewise brilliant. (y)

I'm currently tearing through 4 newly acquired Van Halen chestnuts: 5150, Diver Down [R]*, Women and Children First [R]* and Fair Warning [R]*. And the two disc Bachman Turner Overdrive GOLD RBCDs....whew!

*2015 Remasters from the original analogue tapes

Back