What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
latest finds and in a series of twins, first up some good old Rod, ltd. numbered editions

RStewart.jpg

and some twins from the rising sun, Master sonic none distortion cut , mega clean vinyl, and very nice too.

dynamic sound.jpg

While the albums don't really say I believe they aren't, I think that the series called "Silver Label" is a well cut series at regular speed, but I could be wrong. Anyway they do sound very good, you sure can here the master tape presence on fade in and out between tracks very much like any other half speed and the percussion's are much more lively then any other normal version of these albums I've heard. here's what they provide for info:

RStewart2.jpg

RStewart3.jpg

RStewart1.jpg

10 Steve Miller SHM CD Japanese pressing in cardboard mini LP's, all stereo of course. Including the very hard to get Rock Love. I have listened to 2 already and they sound great.

10 Steve Miller SHM CD Japanese pressing in cardboard mini LP's, all stereo of course. Including the very hard to get Rock Love. I have listened to 2 already and they sound great.
HUH? What? Where! Spill it now Marpow!!!
Don't make me come over there ;)

Ordered Rock Love, Journey From Eden & The Joker from CD Japan.
I was hoping when you posted "10" discs it would include Sailor, Band No 5, Children Of The Future, Brave New World, Anthology you know, the great ones.
But Rock Love is a Holy Grail of sorts.
I have the JVC-XRCD of The Joker and it sounds pretty good.

I was hoping when you posted "10" discs it would include Sailor, Band No 5, Children Of The Future, Brave New World, Anthology you know, the great ones.

I honestly don't know if what Amazon has for pre-order is the exact same disc...but look here...

Rock Love

Oh yes I certainly agree. I wish the earlier ones would come out. Maybe they will do a new batch release. With those. Could you imagine Brave New World in surround? FYI, there is a Sting set being released. I have the same Joker. Don't forget Your Saving Grace.

I honestly don't know if what Amazon has for pre-order is the exact same disc...but look here...

Rock Love
You are correct Gos, this Amazon link you show is the new Japanese Import that I bought through CDJapan but also selling from Amazon. Prior to Japan re releasing rock Love it was one of those CD's that you could barely even find at a high price out of print. Now that Japan has released this maybe the out of print versions will come down in price. I have this and my orginal so that's good enough, super great disc musically, one of Steve Millers best and his first Live album.

I wouldn't hold my breath until Brave New World is mixed for surround. It was a three man band at that time featuring SM w/Tim Davis and Lonnie Turner.. They had some nobody named Paul Ramon guesting on My Dark Hour. Oh wait, isn't that Macca? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A61i8xsFkno&spfreload=10
Space Cowboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1-4DJNy_2g bet you weren't ready for that!

IMHO, BNW is their best. I've owned 4 copies of BNW: 2 LP's including first pressing. The other 2 were CD and 2012 remastered (import) CD. Although not SHMCD or SACD, the first 5 were remastered in 2012: http://www.liveblues.info/home/2012/08/13/steve-miller-band-the-60s-legend-major-re-issues/ I popped for Children and BNW on these issues. I already had bought all 5 on LP and Capitol CD.

I too bought the JVC XRCD of Joker and agree that it sounds very good.

I saw/heard Steve Miller on a twin bill with Joe Cocker in Tinley Park, IL. Good show.

Steve Miller also appears on Macca's Flaming Pie album.

Oh yes I certainly agree. I wish the earlier ones would come out. Maybe they will do a new batch release. With those. Could you imagine Brave New World in surround? FYI, there is a Sting set being released. I have the same Joker. Don't forget Your Saving Grace.

After hearing My Dark Hour I so wished that Steve Miller and Paul Ramon (Macca) would have made an entire album. Can't believe they hashed this fantastic song out so quick. What could have been I guess.

More Steve Miller: I purchased the Chuck Berry Live At The Fillmore West CD awhile ago. The Steve Miller Band is the backing band for good ol Chuck. They are more Chuck Berry than they are Steve Miller. Recorded fairly well, not a sonic masterpiece but I have heard worse.
61mRniMg9SL._SX90_.jpg

Berry didn't have a band, so lots of people were in his "backing band." I'm a huge Berry fan and a huge Steve Miller fan. A few years ago, I bought thus album expecting something great. It kind of left me cold.

More Steve Miller: I purchased the Chuck Berry Live At The Fillmore West CD awhile ago. The Steve Miller Band is the backing band for good ol Chuck. They are more Chuck Berry than they are Steve Miller. Recorded fairly well, not a sonic masterpiece but I have heard worse.
View attachment 29166

so sure was surprised to find this, man what a package of cool prints, pictures,poster, tickets and more, 4 disc set, this is a big :banana:

wings.jpg

Back