What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladies & Gentlemen.jpg

Should have my copy by Friday; can't wait!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I am happy to say Styx, The Mission, is a great Stereo RBCD. I have listened 7 times in 3 days and definitely do not do that often. A superb concept disc about going to Mars. Music is fantastic a little of everything. I said I wouldn't but gonna have to double dip and get the 24bit version on HDTracks.

Styx - The Mission (vinyl)

I haven't heard the "hi-rez" download of this, but I can't imagine it sounding as stunning as the album does. The fidelity and bass on this album is exceptional. Just sounds spectacular. This is one of the very best albums I think I've heard. Dead quiet, dynamic range sounds extended (to my ears), though I haven't listened through audacity to check it.

Homerun on vinyl!

Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie (vinyl)

Another great sounding album. I don't quite know if it sounds as good as the Styx album I just played, but it must be close. Not quite the bass extension on this one vs Styx. But, the fidelity is awesome.

:)

Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie (vinyl)

Another great sounding album. I don't quite know if it sounds as good as the Styx album I just played, but it must be close. Not quite the bass extension on this one vs Styx. But, the fidelity is awesome.

:)

Yup. sounds great, and it seems it was recorded, or downsampled to 48 (!!!!)

OK, so I spent about 30 Euros on a sealed copy of Emerson Lake and Powell LP on fleabay ($8 for the LP and $23 for s&h!!!) with the hype sticker and a "Sound Saver" sticker too.
It arrived in the most fragile packaging EVER- NO CARDBOARD!! JUST BUBBLE WRAP!!!!
Of course , the edges are all bent but miraculously the LP made it intact...also, being in shrinkwrap for 30+ odd years has warped the LP....

I don't know if I'm a magnet for these things but (just like a few years ago that I bought the "Begin Again" Soundtrack from yamazon and got it NEW , except that the disc inside was Joan Baez's "Diamonds and Rust" with the "Begin Again" artwork in the disc!!!!...I DID eventually got the correct disc and kept the oddity and probably saved yamazon a lot of money cause I got it right when it came out)

So..
I open the disc and the label reads....
"THE OTHER SIDE OF LIFE -THE MOODY BLUES" (....what???)
R-4340974-1362271107-6384.jpeg.jpg

BUT
I see the LP and I noticed that the wax COULD be the ELPowell and not the Moody Blues one...and whaddayaknow????
IT IS THE ELP LP!!!
And man, it sounds GREAT!!!!
I got the CD when it came out...and it PALES in comparison soundwise...
Great pressing too...
R-9047798-1473862310-3217.jpeg.jpg

My last LPs are both Talk Talk's: "Color of Spring" and "Spirit of Eden"....both imports that come with a DVD-V copy of the albums. I haven't listened to the vinyl yet as I was intrigued by their inclusions of the Video versions which are just audio.....not DVD-A though, just a single screen to "Play Album". :confused:

Crazy luck...I can't say as I ever received a mislabeled LP, though it must be fairly common. Now you're going to have to include some note with it for posterity, "This really is ELP".:(

LOL!!! ahhh, don't worry, I will ALWAYS remember!!!!
And at least the labels DO correspond (Side 1 is Side 1...)..

And, just like you, I have never received a mislabeled LP!!! Although they do say it's quite common...man, this seller was/is a stoner cause it reeks of incense....

My last LPs are both Talk Talk's: "Color of Spring" and "Spirit of Eden"....both imports that come with a DVD-V copy of the albums. I haven't listened to the vinyl yet as I was intrigued by their inclusions of the Video versions which are just audio.....not DVD-A though, just a single screen to "Play Album". :confused:

It would be interesting to see if the DVD is full spectrum and not a CD copy..also...if it's not a DVD-A, WHAT IS IT??? DTS, Dolby? or just plain PCM (which would kind of make it "sort of a" DVD-A, you just don't have the MLP encoding)???

I have sinned terribly and have been purchasing new and used vinyl albums like mad.

Simon & Garfunkel - all studio albums (1st pressings)
Snow Patrol - Final Straw
Depeche Mode - Black Celebration 1st press and RE180
Depeche Mode - Violator RE180
Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses RE180
The Sundays - Blind RSD RE
The Cardigans - Long Gone Before Daylight RSD RE
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Raising Sand (absolutely stunning!!! this vinyl alone justifies all the money spent on my turntables I have recently bought)
Portishead - all three albums
Vampire Weekend - all three studio albums
Book of Love - ST and Lullaby (never sounded better to my ears)
Talking Heads - 1975 (great recordings as well)

These are just a few off the top of my head....a new addiction has started for me as I chase to collect vinyl recordings of my favorite cd's and digital media.

"It would be interesting to see if the DVD is full spectrum and not a CD copy..also...if it's not a DVD-A, WHAT IS IT??? DTS, Dolby? or just plain PCM (which would kind of make it "sort of a" DVD-A, you just don't have the MLP encoding)???"

I'll have to check, but they are legit releases, you can see them on Discogs....from France and Germany- "Vinyl Album with DVD- Audio only Included". No surround, so I imagine they are simply PCM...I would love them to be in 5.1. Kind of a poor man's version, if you missed the stereo SACDs of these that came out. :(

some nice little additions, first up a great sounding ARS half speed :banana:

ARS.jpg

and some good old rock N roll winters style :music

edwinter.jpg

and because we all need a Doobie now and then :smokin

Doobiebros.jpg

Those Talk Talk LPs are 200 gr. heavyweights, sourced from the original master tapes (so says the package stickers) and the DVD audio is 96/24 LPCM.

Yeah, like those half speeds also.....I concentrated on getting the Nautilus ones.

Back