What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some recent purchases that I really wouldn't recommend. Def Leppard's Hysteria box set. The 13 SHM CD cardboard mini LP's from U2.
Sonically in the end not worth it, no better, no worse than the original RBCD's. But a lot of great packaging if you are a fan.

In spite of cramming half an hour on each side, I finally got a few years a go the UK original pressing of "Hysteria", and it puts the CD to shame...as with most LPs...yes, the pressing is a bit "crackly" at times, but it's worth it!

Hocus Pocus Box - Focus Netherlands 13 CD
All their albums along with The Best of Focus (Hocus Pocus)
I had all but 8, 9 & 10 on either CD, import LP or Q8
CD's are in pressboard sleeves. Covers on 3 & Live at the Rainbow are original Netherlands covers.
Forgot how good these guys really are!

The Legend - Johnny Cash 4 CD

Zooma Zooma - Best of Louis Prima w/Keely Smith & Sam Butera CD
If you asked any cabbie in Lost Wages "what's the best music show in town," almost universally the answer was "Sam Butera & the Louis Prima Band at the Desert Inn" (RIP Sam, Louis & the DI). Saw them and Gordon Lightfoot in 2 different rooms at the DI on the same night.

Me to You - Eric Bibb UK CD

Recorded Live (London July 25th, 2010) - Emerson, Lake & Palmer UK 2 CD

Complete 1961 Alhambra Performances (Live at the Alhambra & All of Me) - Ahmad Jamal Spain 2 CD
NOT A NEEDLE DROP!!
I own many of his albums. Although I've never heard a bad album of his, this might be the best.

Fresh Air (Faust Alive in the USA!) - Faust German CD

Traffic (2nd album) w/bonus tracks CD

Music Volume 1 - Herb Alpert CD
IMHO, his best album in years. My Husband and I saw/heard him at Park West, Chicago for our 1st date!

Phoney Phone Calls - Jerry Lewis (RIP) CD HEY, LADY!!!

Roadrunner Records Summer Sampler CD

Canadiana - David Clayton-Thomas Canada CD All songs by Canadian Writers Better than I expected!

Bopping the Blues - Miles Davis CD

Fat Possum 2017 Sampler CD

Booker's Guitar - Eric Bibb CD

I've seen them a few times in the last few years and they are excellent live (sadly I never saw them in their heyday though), does the set include the Live In Europe (2xCD) from 2007? It was one you could only get at gigs.

CD's are in pressboard sleeves. Covers on 3 & Live at the Rainbow are original Netherlands covers.

Love Moving Waves. I have one of the initial CD releases. It sounds great. Are the individual titles in the box set remastered?

Some supreme talent in that group!

Each album in the box is "pre-mastered by Ian Gillespie at Tape One, London UK."
EXCEPT Focus 9 "mastered by Hay Zeelen at Studio Hilversum, Hilversum, Netherlands"
AND Focus 10 "mastered by Andy Jackson at Tube Mastering"

Love Moving Waves. I have one of the initial CD releases. It sounds great. Are the individual titles in the box set remastered?

Some supreme talent in that group!

Janis Joplin - In Concert
Janis Joplin - Pearl
Doors Live in Boston 3 cd - Man is Jim Ripped on these :banana: - great stuff tho
Otis Redding - Dock of The Bay
Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis
Neil Finn - Out of Silence - Just pre -ordered though :cool:

Cheap Trick
"We're All alright" LP
R-10439012-1503974779-4882.jpeg.jpg

Living Colour
Shade
Blue Vinyl
R-10824291-1504908916-1088.jpeg.jpg

I just listened to the (stereo) CD of Stills/Collins "Everybody Knows". I didn't expect much as these two are pretty past their prime, but it actually was pretty good. Can't say I "loved" it, or will listen to it a lot, but the title song is really great, and that one I may pick off and run it through SPECWEB to put on a compilation DTS CD for the car.

It's got a great CSN vibe and their voices sound terrific on this one.

Old songs by old people for old people. That's this one! ;)

Cheap Trick is from Rockford, IL, 30 miles from us.

Gotta get that Stills/Collins CD. 20 years ago, my kids and I met Judy. She invited my then 12 year old daughter to join her on her piano bench while she played. Emily was nervous as hell, fearing Judy wanted her to play. Damn it, didn't bring a camera along.

Hey Kap, Snood has all the Tricks but this, heard this one is not so great tho......

Whatcha think??(n)(y)

I was "listening"along with my Mac to the CT one yesterday and it did not strike me , as particularly memorable...CT usually leaves some earworms , but this one was ...ok, but not up to snuff...now the LC one really looks like it promises to deliver!!!...

That Shania Now album is pretty good. I gave the new Miley Cyrus release a try as well. There are some solid, more mature songs there. Quite catchy.

Back