What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mute Gods - Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me. I'm looking forward to giving this a spin.

Last edited:
Intervals - A Voice Within. For me, Haken's "Mountain" is the best alobum that came out the last years, and this reminds me of it. It's no clone, but the musicianship and compositions reminds me of Haken. I'd really recommend it!

My wife came home with 3 used albums...all in super mint condition. Each was only $3.99

I'm falling in love with vinyl all over again....

Pete Townsend - Chinese Eyes

capture_3.jpg

The other 2 are Lou Reed (New Sensations) and Cat Stevens (Greatest Hits) I just pulled out the vinyl of Cat Stevens...and a perfectly preserved poster fell out. Wow! I love finding this stuff in perfect condition.

Last week my son came home with David Lee Roth EP...Crazy From The Heat. (LP) Yeah, I know...but wow. It just sounds killer. I was looking at the sleeve, which has all the credits....and oddly Edgar Winter plays keyboards and sax on all 4 songs. Geez....didn't know that....how cool.

Last week my son came home with David Lee Roth EP...Crazy From The Heat. (LP) Yeah, I know...but wow. It just sounds killer. I was looking at the sleeve, which has all the credits....and oddly Edgar Winter plays keyboards and sax on all 4 songs. Geez....didn't know that....how cool.

Well I knew Diamond Dave's version of "Easy Street" long before I'd ever heard an Edgar Winter record (he was one of DLR's musical heroes apparently) I have that CFTH EP in both vinyl and CD form (big VH/DLR/Hagar/Montrose fan.. got just about everything any of those guys/bands have ever done.. :eek: ).. I always wished Warner had taken a real chance and put out stuff like "Skyscraper" in 5.1, that album is.. outrageous.. I must try it thru the Surround Master someday, it worked out pretty nicely in PLII iirc!

Well I knew Diamond Dave's version of "Easy Street" long before I'd ever heard an Edgar Winter record (he was one of DLR's musical heroes apparently) I have that CFTH EP in both vinyl and CD form (big VH/DLR/Hagar/Montrose fan.. got just about everything any of those guys/bands have ever done.. :eek: ).. I always wished Warner had taken a real chance and put out stuff like "Skyscraper" in 5.1, that album is.. outrageous.. I must try it thru the Surround Master someday, it worked out pretty nicely in PLII iirc!

I'll settle for anything by VH on SACD....even just in stereo.

I'll settle for anything by VH on SACD....even just in stereo.

Same here.. have to say the old LPs for the classic Roth albums sounded great for the most part (I haven't played Fair Warning or 1984 LPs for a while but I remember them being 'better' on CD.. though memory's not good enough so once I'm off my SQ/QS trip I'll try recording them in and see how I like em these days).. I did find SH's DCC CD of the 1st album and it is good (better defined, more bass was an overwhelming quality iirc) but the 1st CD and original LP of the debut were no slouch really.. I've not picked up any of the latest remasters in any form, yet.. though apparently the 192k Hi-Res D/L's are unlimited or uncompressed from the masters so I might well check them out down the line.

Guns and Roses-Appetite For Destruction

Shame on all concerned in it getting scuppered for the planned HFPA Blu-ray Audio that's never happened.. have a v.soft spot for that album.. takes me back (both to Paradise City.. and to simpler times.. before I got indigestion and aches and pains.. :eek: )

Back