What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'll have to get the Aoife O'Donovan then, sounds interesting. I have the Nickle Creek SACDs, which are brilliant, plus quite a few Alison Krauss CDs, the other person I think is great is Gillian Welch.

View attachment 25085

Pugwash "Play This Intimately (as if among friends)"

Irish power pop with a strong connection to XTC. Andy Partridge is a contributor to the album - great songs and production - would be awesome in 5.1!

View attachment 25086

Aoife O'Donovan "In The Magic Hour"

Progressive bluegrass chanteuse most recently heard as part of Goat Rodeo Sessions. A next wave Allison Krause long with contemporaries Sarah Jarosz and Sara Watkins (Nickle Creek). Can't stop playing this one.

Looks like I'll have to get the Aoife O'Donovan then, sounds interesting. I have the Nickle Creek SACDs, which are brilliant, plus quite a few Alison Krauss CDs, the other person I think is great is Gillian Welch.

Check out her work as part of the band The Crooked Still as well - several albums all worth your while

Wonderful Crazy Night - Reginald Dwight 2 CD/LP/big ass book Ultra Super Dooper Uber Deluxe Edition
Live at the Fillmore East October 4 & 5 - Sly & the Family Stone 4 CD
The Legendary Live Tapes 1978 - 1981 - Weather Report 4 CD
Oranges & Lemons - XTC CD/Blu-Ray

Wonderful Valentines.

Jefferson Starship - Spitfire

Used from record shoppe in Normal, IL. $2.99 and it's MINT, perfect. Sounds brand new.... Loving it..

today_2.jpg

You seem to be in a great spot to buy used LP's with your son and around colleges...again...I'm always drawn to the LP covers..

yeah...seems so. There are 3 record shops on the same block. One of them has mostly new vinyl, and the other 2 are mostly used. And the one, is perfect for me as it is mostly the stuff I would care about. The owner is clearly a hippy....looks to be early 60's, LONG ponytail, burning incense...lots of posters and lots of albums you just cannot find anymore. About half are scratchy (only $1 each), but then they have another area upstairs where the quality is way better and just lots of fun. There is a 4th one actually, which is funny - because when I was a teen, it was a BONG shop and called Mother Murphy's...well it's still called that and it's still the same place...but now they seem to have pipes that look more like tobacco type stuff...but I wouldn't swear that they don't sell some stuff behind the scenes. It's a real trippy place.....so cool.

Jefferson Starship - Spitfire

Used from record shoppe in Normal, IL. $2.99 and it's MINT, perfect. Sounds brand new.... Loving it..

today_2.jpg

GOS, that's one of three Jefferson Starship titles I have on dolby b encoded QUAD Open Reels and hopin' (and wishin') down the road, AF releases all three titles on mch SACD. Enjoy it.....it's a great album.

Wow, nice and cool. I'm a wee bit of a Can fan one of my earliest cassettes was Ege Bamyasi, and I have all their albums on SACD, plus boxsets etc. but only have Can's vinyl of Limited Edition & Flow Motion, I almost bought one of the scatter splat vinyl editions released not long ago, but resisted (wish I hadn't!, but..). Saw them once, when I was 17, where do the decades go!!

CAN! Clear Vinyl...so, so cool. Sounds excellent...OK, it's new....still.

today_7.jpg

Bowie - Blackstar arrived today. It's a super sweet looking set.....it sounds good. Does it sound over the top...no....but good. I ripped the album to Flac and here are the numbers...

Blackstar%20DR%20numbers.jpg

Snood finally got the Bowie Black Star LP from Amazon............front cover star figure is bent even though still sealed..........returning, but gonna open first and listen to this weekend - get replacement and maybe keep replacement sealed. Hoping they not selling & sending out returned damaged ones. Ameeeeeeeeeeerzon!!!!! :howl

Always easy to get money back or replacements with them though.

Although usually always buy my Box Jethro Tulls, XTCs and Steven Wilsons from Burning Shed. :banana:

Boy oh boy. So, today I received 3 albums....but I'll just focus on this one for now...since I listened to it. It's an 45 rpm MOFI release of Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow....MONO nonetheless.

Whoa. I think I just had a religious experience.....at least on the song, BACK TO YOU. Incredible is a word that comes up. OK, let's put this in perspective.....this is from the 60's, so little chance it will sound like a Steven Wilson release...but come on. I've never, ever heard this sound this good.

Jefferson%20Airplane%201.jpg

Back