What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrew Gold-The Late Show Live 1978(on the Omnivore label.....it's legit).......ELP-Trilogy( Deluxe edition)

Anathema-Fine Days: 1999-2004 albums Judgement,A Fine Day To Exit,A Natural Disaster and Dvd Were You There

Anathema fans if you are like me and came to the band through the last 3 surround albums then this is a great way to get some good music from the back catalogue as these albums are very well done. Albums sound very good to me. Its to bad the Dvd included is only DD 5.1 and sound quality of the Dvd is very average at best. To bad as the band sounds in good form on this live recording as well.
Here's a good review on this set and funny thing is as part of this review is exactly what I did as I just got some new head phones and listened to these albums on headphones and thoroughly enjoyed my listening time.

http://echoesanddust.com/2015/04/anathema-fine-days-1999-2004/

Here's the end part of review:

"These three albums have been remastered under the supervision of Danny Cavanagh. The audio has a wider stereo image, the added space is most noticeable via headphones. There is greater detail overall and added warmth, which compensates for the slightly tinny sound of the original mixes. Let’s face it, these are not seminal audiophile recordings (compare them to the Steven Wilson mix of We’re Here Because We’re Here and they are found wanting) but they do benefit from the polish-up.
The bottom line is if you know these albums then the sonic upgrade is worthy of your hard-earned cash. Listen through good headphones and enjoy them as never before. If you came to Anathema via their last three albums then this box is the next logical step in your journey. We’re Here Because We’re Here did not magically appear out of nowhere but was a huge artistically successful step forward in the organic growth of one of the most visionary, hard-working and passionate bands the UK has produced in decades."

peter

Yes Progeny box set. I'm a sucker for all things Yes, but this is a lot of Yes! Sad news about Chris Squire, hope he makes a full recovery.

Anathema-Fine Days: 1999-2004 albums Judgement,A Fine Day To Exit,A Natural Disaster and Dvd Were You There

Anathema fans if you are like me and came to the band through the last 3 surround albums then this is a great way to get some good music from the back catalogue as these albums are very well done. Albums sound very good to me. Its to bad the Dvd included is only DD 5.1 and sound quality of the Dvd is very average at best. To bad as the band sounds in good form on this live recording as well.
Here's a good review on this set and funny thing is as part of this review is exactly what I did as I just got some new head phones and listened to these albums on headphones and thoroughly enjoyed my listening time.

http://echoesanddust.com/2015/04/anathema-fine-days-1999-2004/

Here's the end part of review:

"These three albums have been remastered under the supervision of Danny Cavanagh. The audio has a wider stereo image, the added space is most noticeable via headphones. There is greater detail overall and added warmth, which compensates for the slightly tinny sound of the original mixes. Let’s face it, these are not seminal audiophile recordings (compare them to the Steven Wilson mix of We’re Here Because We’re Here and they are found wanting) but they do benefit from the polish-up.
The bottom line is if you know these albums then the sonic upgrade is worthy of your hard-earned cash. Listen through good headphones and enjoy them as never before. If you came to Anathema via their last three albums then this box is the next logical step in your journey. We’re Here Because We’re Here did not magically appear out of nowhere but was a huge artistically successful step forward in the organic growth of one of the most visionary, hard-working and passionate bands the UK has produced in decades."

peter
it is a nice set Pete. A great way to hear the development of the band.

image.jpg

Khanate - Things Viral CD

Not for the faint of heart, but amazing experimental metal.

After watching the recent documentary on Kansas...it made me renew my interest in them...a CD I owned before was the answer...I had to have Dust In The Wind...but I was aware of some recent mastering jobs that really reduced the dynamic range...so after looking at the numbers...it was clear I had to find the early release CD..pressed in Austria...and I had the necessary code to match my quest...so on to Ebay I went and found the early pressing I wanted...it was in the Netherlands..so I ordered it and was surprised how soon it came..exactly as shown in the pictures...and a very reasonable price $8.67 delivered...for those that don't think the numbers mean anything...look at the numbers for this title here..the 4th one down is the one I purchased...check out number 2 with a DR of 7...it's an expensive blu-spec CD from Japan...

015.JPG

Castle Canyon - Gods Of 1973
CastleCanyon.jpg
If you are into 1970ish prog a la ELP, than you'll love this albeit it's from 2009. Really great stuff with lot of vintage synthesizers like ARP and so on. Great songs as well...

image.jpg

SUNN O))) - The GrimmRobe demos (CD)

Massive drone metal. Sounds amazing in PLII... (if you can stomach this type of music ;))

Here's a strange one. I guess Sony has some leftover super jewel cases they don't know what to do with.

Check out the price on Amazon.com (I matched it with the UPC but maybe Amazon stocks an import instead?).

Attachments

• S&G_Essential_superjewel.jpg
    S&G_Essential_superjewel.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 193
  • S&G_Essential_superjewel_back_at_FYE.jpg
    S&G_Essential_superjewel_back_at_FYE.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 199
  • S&G_Essential_superjewel_UPC_at_FYE.jpg
    S&G_Essential_superjewel_UPC_at_FYE.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 206
Anniversary presents :banana::

Unknown-1.jpeg
War Chlld 2104 130th Anniversary Edition 2 CD/2 DVD-V
According to the back cover, it's a 2104 release.
Brought back from the future by Steven Wilson!

9b6519cf8943d0a5a315b44801b3baaa.jpg
Legend - Gnarly Bob & the Wailers 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition CD/Blu-Ray-A

Unknown-7.jpeg
That's a Hee Haw - Junior Samples CD

Unknown-6.jpeg
Bull Session at Bulls Gap - Junior Samples vs. Archie Campbell CD

Unknown-2.jpeg
The World of Junior Samples CD

To order today without delay, call BR-549:
[video=youtube;9xhTomqDTzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xhTomqDTzE&list=PL6Gvyfk2G4Y8EbLJ8nBvEdMLJYQx0EBv8[/video]

images.jpeg
Teacher (Minnie Pearl): Junior, do you know Lincoln's Gettysburg Address?
Junior: I didn't know he lived in Gettysburg.
Teacher: He DIDN'T live in Gettysburg!
Junior: Well, how come he had an address up 'ere then?

RIP Alvin Samples, Jr.

Anniversary presents :banana::

View attachment 19103
War Chlld 2104 130th Anniversary Edition 2 CD/2 DVD-V
According to the back cover, it's a 2104 release.
Brought back from the future by Steven Wilson!

View attachment 19104
Legend - Gnarly Bob & the Wailers 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition CD/Blu-Ray-A

View attachment 19105
That's a Hee Haw - Junior Samples CD

View attachment 19106
Bull Session at Bulls Gap - Junior Samples vs. Archie Campbell CD

View attachment 19107
The World of Junior Samples CD

To order today without delay, call BR-549:
[video=youtube;9xhTomqDTzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xhTomqDTzE&list=PL6Gvyfk2G4Y8EbLJ8nBvEdMLJYQx0EBv8[/video]

View attachment 19102
Teacher (Minnie Pearl): Junior, do you know Lincoln's Gettysburg Address?
Junior: I didn't know he lived in Gettysburg.
Teacher: He DIDN'T live in Gettysburg!
Junior: Well, how come he had an address up 'ere then?

RIP Alvin Samples, Jr.

Glad to see Legend...In da house!love that disc...

Back