What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did something today that I have not done in DECADES!!!!!!

I bought VINYL from a "brick and mortar" store (ok, it was in a mall and it was the FNAC, a french chain)..
In the "bargain bin" , which they only had ONE "milk crate"..I saw that the 1st LP was Bob Dylan...and I went ...oh . no....(NOT a Dylan fan myself in spite of acknowledging the fact that he was a brilliant songwriter), so I ventured into it and found a bunch of "new reissues"...
I got both :

KISS
S/T
for 9 EUR

and

John Lennon
"Rock and Roll"
for 12 EUR..

and I said...

"you know? I have never had these and they are ON SALE!!!!"

There was also the Ace Frehley Solo LP, but I already have that one...

Have I mentioned it has been DECADES and I can't remember the last time I bought a NEW LP in a STORE???

..dang! what a trip down memory lane!!!!

echo... echo... echo...

We've got a doppelgänger on QQ... Either THAT, or we've just entered the Twilight Zone.. :mad:@:

Get your crucifixes !

Simpsons-Angry-Mob.png

Wings - London Town! Found in southern IL...Makanda is name of little community. Awesome. Spent $3.50....great quality vinyl....awesome music of course.

London%20Town.jpg

Wings - London Town! Found in southern IL...Makanda is name of little community. Awesome. Spent $3.50....great quality vinyl....awesome music of course.

London%20Town.jpg

One of my faves too...got it when it came out...Did you get the poster? it's pretty funny...
The "London Town" MCH mix in the Macca DVD is really good too (the video is not , though)

Every time I visit London I ALWAYS sing it!!!

The third and final album I purchased over the weekend was Gentle Giant - Three Friends. Again, vinyl sounds pretty damn good, maybe not as good as Zappa, but still very good I'd say.

Gentle%20Giant%20-%20Three%20Friends.jpg

Another one I picked up for $5 in southern IL. Zappa - Zoot Allures. Absolute mint condition on the vinyl. Cover is average... :)

Zappa%20Zoot%20Allures.jpg

A unique album in the Zappa repertoire for a few reasons...
Just as Steve Howe appears on the cover of THE US VERSION OF "Time And A Word" but doesn't play on it, bassist Patrick O'Hearn (far left) and keyboardist/violinist Eddie Jobson (far right) do not perform on this album. Musically, the album is mostly Zappa on guitar, bass, keyboards & synth, and Terry Bozzio on drums. A few friends help to flesh out the tunes, such as Ex-Mothers bassist Roy Estrada, percussionist Ruth Underwood, and the one and only Capt. Beefheart (credited as Don Vliet) on harmonica.

"Black Napkins" has always been a concert favorite. My fav's on this disc are "Wind Up Workin' In A Gas Station" and "Disco Boy". Hope you enjoy it. :music

Last edited:
The third and final album I purchased over the weekend was Gentle Giant - Three Friends. Again, vinyl sounds pretty damn good, maybe not as good as Zappa, but still very good I'd say.

Gentle%20Giant%20-%20Three%20Friends.jpg

Considering GG had a couple of unreleased Quads we amazingly got down the line courtesy of those EMI DVD-V's (Freehand & Int'erview) and that the band are pro-surround (recent Power & glory and Octopus-sy 5.1's).. and that Three Friends was on Columbia in the States and Vertigo in the UK (two Quad friendly labels).. you can see where I am going with this ;) ..I wonder if there might be an unreleased Quad of Three Friends (even if hitherto unknown) in the vaults somewhere? Hmm..

Considering GG had a couple of unreleased Quads we amazingly got down the line courtesy of those EMI DVD-V's (Freehand & Int'erview) and that the band are pro-surround (recent Power & glory and Octopus-sy 5.1's).. and that Three Friends was on Columbia in the States and Vertigo in the UK (two Quad friendly labels).. you can see where I am going with this ;) ..I wonder if there might be an unreleased Quad of Three Friends (even if hitherto unknown) in the vaults somewhere? Hmm..

If there is, then hopefully they would include it on a forthcoming reissue. Supposedly (from a Facebook post a few months ago) they were thinking about having "Three Friends" be the next album that they had Steven Wilson remix. :)

Wife came home yesterday evening with 3 albums....all three are in mint condition and oddly they are nearly perfect sounding. Like, they've hardly been played. $7 each. Not bad..

IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

Wife came home yesterday evening with 3 albums....all three are in mint condition and oddly they are nearly perfect sounding. Like, they've hardly been played. $7 each. Not bad..

IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

I gotta give you props...you have made this vinyl adventure a family affair...got the wife to bring home some and your son helps out too..wow..I bet you never expected this vinyl "experiment" would be so rewarding..and you didn't have to spend a fortune on the turntable to make it work...from my vantage point that is very cool my friend(y)

I gotta give you props...you have made this vinyl adventure a family affair...got the wife to bring home some and your son helps out too..wow..I bet you never expected this vinyl "experiment" would be so rewarding..and you didn't have to spend a fortune on the turntable to make it work...from my vantage point that is very cool my friend(y)

Thanks man - it has been VERY rewarding. I'm loving it and oh the memories...and yes, my wife just brought them home...I had no idea. :)

Back