What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did something I hadn't done in ages....I went to see "The secret life of pets" (which is a RIOT, BTW...I was laffing my ass off"!) and walked into the FNAC to wait for my girl and I REALLY LIKED what they were playing (which is VERY RARE!)...
so I asked the guy who that was...
he said it was
JET
"Get born"
(They were playing "Radio Song")
(I also asked him if it was available on LP...it's not)

I thanked him and kept browsing and listening to the rest of the CD ...and I liked it!!!!

So I went back to him and asked where he had put back the CD.... and I bought it...I suspected that it might have been old or something cause it was only 8.99 EUR... (it's from 2003)

Last edited:
Eric Clapton-Just One Night Mobile Fidelity Superdisc[bought it still sealed cost $150]

Last edited:
Picked up a few vinyls from Barnes & Noble end of July

Electric Light Orchestra - Time (Numbered limited edition clear vinyl)
Paul Simon - Graceland (25th Anniversary)
Radiohead - Kid A (10 inch 2 LP)

and then Pink Floyd's Division Bell Box arrived stuffed with vinyls :)

Oh My,

I just grabbed the new Red Hot Chili Peppers - "The Getaway" and I must say it is a twist different but in a great way.
The offerings are very musical and a very small bit subdued from their past efforts.
This is quite listenable and I am glad to have this in my collection. It is currently spinning like crazy in my car. :smokin

I traded in a batch of old scratched vinyl and got some new 180gr. vinyl- Floyd's "Umagumma" and the Yardbirds "Simple Games" reissues, and Soft Cell's "Erotic Cabaret"
Must say the Leon Russell stereo SACD from AF is also pretty impressive and with a good flow to the songs. Never had it before, might have to get the LR& The Shelter People one that is due shortly.

Derek and the Dominos-Live In Concert( Mobile Fidelity Ultradisc.....bought this one sealed)

Last edited:
On vacation out here in Maine and stumbled across a used LP shop. Funny how I keep finding these places.

Picked up:
Peter Frampton - Something's Happening (1974)
Rod Stewart - Foot Loose and Fancy Free (1977)
Eddie Money - Can't Hold Back (1986)

:)

I bought the new Michael Kiwanuka CD "Love & Hate", it is really good, straight onto rotation in the car. Its very Marvin Gaye in places especially the 2nd track "Black Man In A White World", great songs and arrangements. The first track "Cold Little Heart" is around 10 minutes of prog-soul! Much better than his first album.

The Police-Synchronicity..........Eric Clapton-Slowhand(both Mobile Fidelity Ultradisc II's)

Last edited:
..once that you've decided on a killing....
(one of the most sinister songs ever...I love it...never have had this on CD, only in the original LP pressing and the 45 which had this TWISTED bonus song...both in transluscent vinyl)

I picked up a CD of Jeff Beck's new effort " Loud Hailer" and after the first spin, I was non committal.

After two more spins, I was sold. This release keeps him current and not sitting back raking in cash on his name alone.

Rosie Bones sits in and adds vocals that at first threw me off but they gradually grow on you.

Of course, his guitar work is classic Beck !

This will get plenty more runs through my humble system. :smokin

Got home from vacation and waiting for me was:
Loggins & Messina - Sittin In (SACD stereo)
Stealer's Wheel - Stealer's Wheel (album from Intervention)

The New Barbarians-Wanted Dead or Alive [Live From Madison Square Garden 5/7/79].....yes it's an official live cd

29253937545_88a5a0b832.jpg

29253937715_60161982d6.jpg

Bob Dylan- Another Self Portrait(69-71):Bootleg Series Volume 10(with the Barnes and Noble 40 percent off coupon this set only cost $13.06 with tax)

KISS (debut LP)

haha - I was almost afraid to unwrap this one as I feared the poor sound quality. Boy was I wrong - it sounds excellent. They sure nailed it for a debut didn't they? Just listened to Cold Gin written by Ace Frehley.....no wonder my folks didn't like it when I used to play this as a young lad.

KISS debut.jpg

The Beatles-Live at the Hollywood Bowl.......ZZ Top-Live!Greatest Hits From Around The World.......Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds-Skeleton Tree

KISS (debut LP)

haha - I was almost afraid to unwrap this one as I feared the poor sound quality. Boy was I wrong - it sounds excellent. They sure nailed it for a debut didn't they? Just listened to Cold Gin written by Ace Frehley.....no wonder my folks didn't like it when I used to play this as a young lad.

View attachment 27182

Did you get the reissue LP?
I got this on LP reissue a few months ago.... ;)

It sounds quite good, yes (Hotter than Hell is not as good, but it's not that bad either!)...

Back