What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get the reissue LP?
I got this on LP reissue a few months ago.... ;)

It sounds quite good, yes (Hotter than Hell is not as good, but it's not that bad either!)...

Yep, I picked up the reissue. :) You mean the reissue of HTH doesn't sound as good as debut? Did you get any others in the reissue campaign and if so, how do they stack up?

Yep, I picked up the reissue. :) You mean the reissue of HTH doesn't sound as good as debut? Did you get any others in the reissue campaign and if so, how do they stack up?

Nope, I only got this one because it was on sale for 9.99 EUR at the FNAC...a friend lent me a Canadian pressing of HtH and it sounds quite good, as does "Dressed" to kill"(which had no "producer" since it was their last studio LP chance to make it "big")...luckily, they released "Alive", and the rest , is history....

The Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl (CD) :D. Postman just delivered it, but, for reasons, etc., etc., I may not get to play it until tomorrow. :mad:

A Scratch in the Sky - Cryan' Shames UK expanded MONO CD includes LP and 45 versions, plus 7 bonus tracks.

I've owned 2 copies of the 2ch LP and a 2ch CD w/same 7 bonus tracks. One of my 100 favorite albums. I do prefer this album in 2ch. It Could be We're in Love was #1 for several weeks in '67 on both WLS and WCFL in Chicago. 45 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDJ4WXj9dHk&spfreload=10 It charted nationally, as did Mr. Unreliable and two non-LP singles from this CD. Playlist including entire 2ch CD, including bonus tracks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-leTE-j_fw&list=PLqM1swKpH2Q5o1N1UWkQ3G48B0-f4g5Y8&spfreload=10
Band is from Hinsdale, IL and still performs live.

More Jack Than Blues - Jack Bruce & HR Big Band German CD/region 0 DVD Recorded live at 37th German Jazz Festival Frankfurt 2006

Live & Local - Joseph CD It's not a guy, but three women!

Fripp & Eno

No Pussyfooting

LP

180 grams gatefold (didn't know it was a gatefold originally)

Courtesy of the great Grand Magician/Master/Warlock; Mr. Neil Wilkes!!!!!

(I had an E.G. records 1980s reissue but it was one of those LPs that "disappeared mysteriously"..along with a bunch of other ones)

View attachment 27257

Surprisingly good; instruments, voices, dynamic range, etc.
A little too much background screaming, but .........................................
Enough said; it's the Beatles!

Last edited:
Bruce Springsteen-Chapter and Verse......Kansas-The Prelude Implicit.....King Crimson-Radical Action[To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind] 3 cd/Blu ray set

Bruce Springsteen-Chapter and Verse......Kansas-The Prelude Implicit.....King Crimson-Radical Action[To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind] 3 cd/Blu ray set

BTW, for American audiences, the BOSS will be appearing on Stephen Colbert tonight and performing..........11:35 EST on CBS.

Vinyl/LPs

Sigur Rós - Agaetis Byrjun
The Who - Sell Out
Dire Straits - Making Movies
Dire Straits - Communique
Beatles - Abbey Road
Beatles - Revolver
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
The Zombies - Odessey & Oracle
Led Zeppelin - Coda (3LP Deluxe edition)
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
David Bowie - Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust...
Love - Forever Changes
Pet Shop Boys - Electric
U2 - Songs of Innocence

Blu-ray/DVD Audio

King Crimson - Thrak (DVD-A)
Van Morrison - Moondance (Deluxe) (Blu-ray Audio)

Jimi Hendrix-Machine Gun The Fillmore East 1st show 12/31/69........Eric Clapton-Live In San Diego With Special Guest JJ Cale.......Bob Weir-Blue Mountain

Picked up a few in the last 2 weeks: The Posies - Solid States
Teenage Fanclub - Here
The Bangles - Ladies And Gentleman...The Bangles
Game Theory - The Big Shot Chronicles expanded edition
Jack White - Acoustic Recordings
Wilco - Schmilco
and a dvd of Jason Isbell live at Austin City Limits It is WAY better than the PBS version. Cool version of Can't You Hear Me
Knocking at the end. I saw Jackie Greene in Omaha Tuesday night and it was a great show. As an old guy who works at 4am
I scheduled a day off for Wednesday. It was the right choice.

I never really got into Van Der Graaf Generator when they were 'famous', friends would lend me the LPs, but they did nothing for me (the follies of youth!). Then in the days of the much missed FOPP record shops I bought a load of the early remastered CDs, suddenly I got the music. Can't get enough of them now, and it would be nice to get some of the early albums in surround - unlikely though!

Van Der Graaf Generator - Do Not Disturb cd

Well, I have been a Van Morrison fan for a very, very long time.
Some recent releases were average with some great songs thrown in but.........................
His latest effort "Keep Me Singing" seems like it rolled in on a time machine.
The songs, the voice, well, vintage.
If you are even a small fan of his music, this is a must. :smokin

managed to get a MINTY copy for 3 Euros (Canadian "Maze Records" LP pressing, eh?) of
SAGA

Behaviour

R-2256107-1322912729.jpeg.jpg

Back