What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emerson,Lake and Palmer-Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends[2016 remaster]

Van Morrison - Keep Me Singing
Wonderful! Back to the Poetic Champions, Avalon Sunset, Enlightenment, Back on Top sound

Shelleyan Orphan...always wanted to get their LPs/CDs (they're only 4 of them)
I got very cheaply at Discogs:
on CD:
"Humroot" (1992)
"We got everything we need" (their last one from 2008 with Charlie Jones -Robert Plant, Goldfrapp, etc.- on bass)

And on LP :
"Century Flower" (1989)-with Danny Thompson on Double bass....(apparently they had very good taste regarding bass players)

I must say that he whole "synchronicity" event rather freaked me out...

Oasis-Be Here Now[3 cd reissue]

a couple of days ago we went to see "Miss Peregrine's home for..." (Love Tim Burton...and especially Eva Green...yummy!) and they were promoting the "Oasis" movie/concert and I am not familiar AT ALL with Oasis...

and , you know, I was telling my wife (who at last is out of the Hospital!) ...."you know???? the funny thing is that I LIKE it!"

Oasis-Be Here Now[3 cd reissue]

a couple of days ago we went to see "Miss Peregrine's home for..." (Love Tim Burton...and especially Eva Green...yummy!) and they were promoting the "Oasis" movie/concert and I am not familiar AT ALL with Oasis...

and , you know, I was telling my wife (who at last is out of the Hospital!) ...."you know???? the funny thing is that I LIKE it!"

Bob Dylan - eponymous first album in mono and in stereo on two CDs - UK Not Now public domain release. Bought solely for the hard left hard right stereo!

Tom Chaplin

"The Wave" (LP)
(NOT signed...side 4 is deadwax with a textured "TC" Logo)

R-9251477-1477397623-7896.jpeg.jpg

and this makes the collection complete: (curious that the last one to arrive was their first LP- I see a lot of familiar names in the credits...Paddy Bush ?)

Shelleyan Orphan

"Helleborine"

(Rough Trade LP 1987)

R-5477676-1394381304-6354.jpeg.jpg

Frank Zappa - Meat Light: The 3 cd Uncle Meat Project/Object.

The original Uncle Meat is one of my top 5 Zappa albums (Hmmm... I think if I add up all my top 5 Zappa albums it may come out greater than 5 :mad:@:)

This 3 cd set is great. Disc 1 is the first time the original 1969 vinyl mix has been released on cd. Disc 2 and a third of Disc 3 is the original sequence (aka alternate album) as produced by Frank Zappa and Dick Kunc before Frank took razor in hand and re-sequenced it to the original release. Yes, a lot of it is repeated, but most alternate albums do that.
The final two-thirds of Disc 3 contains material from "The Vault". These consist of different takes and mixes of some of the pieces, along with pieces never heard before.

One track that I found extremely interesting is "Echo Pie". This is a verbal only continuation of "If we'd all been living in California...". For those unfamiliar with the UM album, "IWABLIC..." was taped during a Mother's band meeting (probably unbeknownst to the band) and is primarily Jimmy Carl Black complaining to Frank about the Mothers not making enough money. In "Echo Pie", Frank is heard saying he has too much work to do in the studio and needs to take a break from touring. Then, he offers to let the Mothers tour without him! JCB, however, feels the fans only come to see Frank.

I realize that music is what should matter, but if the ZFT put out an album of (the original) Mother's taped band meetings I'd be all over that.

At any rate, if this was a poll item it would definitely get a 10 from me. Highly recommended for both the fans of the original Mother's and Zappa in general. (y):music

Paul Simon-There Goes Rhymin' Simon and Still Crazy After All These Years[bought both cd's for $4.99 each]

Back