What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A wonderful album! In my top 10. I had bought that disc, but traded it for the same thing, dbx encoded. Fidelity is good for 1968.

I totally agree this one amazing album a very clean sound too!

So the other album I picked along with the Styx as this one in mint shape for $12 so this is tonight audition :phones

BTW the chair on the cover vastly resembles my listening chair :yikes

ELOFTM.jpg

Last edited:
The CSNY '74 BR has arrived, a beautiful little package. I can't wait to kick back to it tonight in my sweet spot chair which resembles an Ikea "Poang" with foot stool....because that is what it is.:music

So seems a little weird to buy a new record from a drug store but I guess Dylan was right, times they are a changin. :friday:

SWilson.jpg

Cream-Fresh Cream 3cd/Blu ray set] this set cost me more than it should have but I don't mind spending more if it helps keep small businesses like Vintage Vinyl from going under.......support your small businesses or all we'll have left is Amazon.

Last edited:
My mission continues to purchase as many Johnny Mathis albums as I can get....but attention to quality of the used vinyl is important to me. I got this one on discogs for less than $10 shipped. The cover looks old (don't care) and honestly when I saw the vinyl, I thought...uh oh. Certainly had a good amount of wear visible.

But....the sound quality is damn near perfect. Hardly any clicks whatsoever...so I've heard vinyl that looked in much better shape, sound much worse. I'm very pleased with this one. Circa 1965...

5BF03496-BDDF-452F-A7D8-723E045F1C05.jpg

My mission continues to purchase as many Johnny Mathis albums as I can get....but attention to quality of the used vinyl is important to me. I got this one on discogs for less than $10 shipped. The cover looks old (don't care) and honestly when I saw the vinyl, I thought...uh oh. Certainly had a good amount of wear visible.

But....the sound quality is damn near perfect. Hardly any clicks whatsoever...so I've heard vinyl that looked in much better shape, sound much worse. I'm very pleased with this one. Circa 1965...

5BF03496-BDDF-452F-A7D8-723E045F1C05.jpg

Sometimes looks can be surprisingly deceptive....that's why a PLAY GRADING is so important!...cool... I LOVE old vinyl!

The only drawback is when they start losing their properties and you can't see the cracks...I have several LPs from the 60's that look MINT, but when played you can hear the degradation...

Also I've seen shops that take those blue shop towels, the ones similar to normal paper towels but thicker and put fluid on them and wipes records with them. They look glossy when done but compact dirt in the bottom of the grove so they end up sounding like donkey pooh.

I just purchased brand new CD, Delbert McClinton/Self Made Men Prick Of The Litter. Great tunes. Anybody have any back catalog favorites for Delbert McClinton ?

Just picked up Beth Hart's latest effort "Fire on The Floor"

We are seeing her perform live in Baltimore on the 13th.

Should be a great show.

If you have not had the opportunity to hear any of her music, just give her a chance. :smokin

The Sensational Panic at the Disco's 'Death of a Bachelor'......... I had to turn my head around several times as it really decodes well through my pre/pro's DSP Super mode.:yikes

Cream - Fresh Cream (Super Deluxe Box)
3 CDs & a BluRay of the stereo & mono mixes
CDs Contain mono & stereo albums and alt mixes and BBC recordings.

One issue I have is they didn't include some of the best outtakes that I have on bootleg.
The Blind Faith 2 CD deluxe edition also missed the best outtakes
I'm a big fan of Bill Levenson but.......mate please include those superior outtakes and alt mixes.

The book included is a good read and is actually hardback and well put together

Renaissance "Live At The BBC, Sight & Sound" 3xCD + DVD (1977 In Concert in MONO), the video quality isn't great on the DVD but it is an old 625-line recording, but the audio on the CD & DVD is great, as is the music and musicianship, such a brilliant band, I saw them so many times in the late 70s I lost count.

Seems Tom was record shopping and so was I, nice clean shape and $8 makes Tom and me happy.

TPhalfsp.jpg

On goes my quest for older, near mint (media, not jacket) Johnny Mathis vinyl. All these albums my dad used to have way back and my memories are fond. He didn't take care of albums like I do, so his are...well.....gone.

97CAC935-78A1-4313-8A31-311E2D7D4234.jpg

F5E78312-1071-4D02-8C95-F710BC26557B.jpg

826FA70F-9BBD-473C-A839-8FCB56F1B178.jpg

530966DD-F985-4B0B-904F-E5A8E84CC8F0.jpg

79232BD1-E1C9-42B5-B2D9-099DBA4E27FD.jpg

How is this? I had my eye on it.

Motel Shot (expanded) - Delaney & Bonnie is wonderful! Fidelity is OK for '69/'70. I had an LP from way back when. Truth be told, I've never been fond of this. What the hell was I thinking? I've listened to this CD a couple times and I get it now. With over 20,000 albums & CD's, this one got lost in the shuffle. It's certainly not alone. Their biggest hit is included, Never Ending Song Of Love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCrZ5CN7ymc&spfreload=10

Bonus tracks are sessions for the aborted Elektra Motel Shot. It was conceived as an "Unplugged" album, attempting to sound like their impromptu performances in motel rooms, etc. The original Atco album is also featured. Although not as stripped down, this album itself and the title make better sense to me after hearing the unreleased Elektra sessions.

Although I'm complete on D&B, this was my least listened to album of theirs, along with D&B Together. My first D&B record was a 45 of Soul Shake, which I bought to get Free the People, the B side. Still my favorite song of theirs.

I was gifted an LP promo package of Accept No Substitute, replete with all the promo stuff in it's original Manilla envelope. It's one of the jewels of my D&B collection. Free is still the best price.

For further listening, check out the OOP D&B live box on Rhino Handmade. Clapton is there and so is George Harrison. https://www.amazon.com/Tour-Eric-Clapton-Deluxe-Box/dp/B00400KTOI

Of course, my favorite D&B album is the Best on Rhino. It's a great starting point. https://www.amazon.com/Best-DELANEY...6767329&sr=1-1&keywords=best+delaney+&+bonnie

Back