What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motel Shot (expanded) - Delaney & Bonnie is wonderful! Fidelity is OK for '69/'70.

I got it yesterday and started listening in the car today. The first track I thought, oh, another clunker but now I have made my way to the expanded and I really like it. Also picked up some live Dickey Betts, lovin those RBCD's also.

No, not yet. But on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to chuckle, I was the DJ at my sister's Sweet Sixteen Party (I was all of 12 1/2) and all they wanted to hear was Fabian, Frankie Avalon and yep.......Johnny Mathis.

7 of 13 of a Vocalion order appeared yesterday, 5 2 ch CD's & 2 5.1 SACD's

CD's:
1-Henry Mancini
Big Screen / Little Screen & A Concert of Film Music

2-Henry Mancini
The Big Latin Band of Henry Mancini & The Latin Sound Henry Mancini

3-Henry Mancini
Theme from "Z" and other film music & Debut!

4-Henry Mancini - Mancini Concert & Mancini Plays the Theme from Love Story

5-Roosevelt Sykes
The Honeydripper & Face To Face With The Blues

AND A WONDERFUL VALENTINE'S DAY PRESENT:
Bob Dylan - The 1966 Live Recordings 36 German CD's

So could not believe I stumbled onto this one, a near mint UK copy, for $6 so this required some of this :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

aud2.jpg

and because one must head to the glam side once and awhile another $6 uk release treat :smokin

bebop.jpg

and this one is good when you turn it up to 11, great inner sleeve pic too

pusc1.jpgpusc2.jpg

Found this one yesterday near mint, $10, just a great casual album and very nice recording half speed album, well worth finding if you don't have it.

ginovann.jpg

As you know I remain a hard rocker at heart and the unfortunate thing about that is rarely do you find Hi Res of any format for this genre of music. I also try to support the genre in the current RBCD format when new releases come out. Here are three new RBCD's for hard rockers that I have mini comment.
51vVP3ZX+wL._SY180_.jpg Jack Russell's Great White, lead singer of great White, now after the lawyers needed to change name. Don't buy this disc, so much Pro Tools effects, sounds like Taylor Swift was the engineer.
61Af6sBjTVL._SY180_.jpg Stephen Pearcy lead singer of Ratt, actually a pretty good CD, still has that heavy Pro Tools sound but music is good.
51vxcg8+WoL._SX180_.jpg Judas Priest, Turbo 30th Anniversary, really good remix and really good DVD-V from the US concert.

As you know I remain a hard rocker at heart and the unfortunate thing about that is rarely do you find Hi Res of any format for this genre of music. I also try to support the genre in the current RBCD format when new releases come out. Here are three new RBCD's for hard rockers that I have mini comment.
View attachment 28711 Jack Russell's Great White, lead singer of great White, now after the lawyers needed to change name. Don't buy this disc, so much Pro Tools effects, sounds like Taylor Swift was the engineer.
View attachment 28712 Stephen Pearcy lead singer of Ratt, actually a pretty good CD, still has that heavy Pro Tools sound but music is good.
View attachment 28713 Judas Priest, Turbo 30th Anniversary, really good remix and really good DVD-V from the US concert.

So Turbo sounds pretty good huh? They didn't crank up the treble too much? I would buy the album if it's good. I don't have my original CD any longer, so need a new copy.

So Turbo sounds pretty good huh? They didn't crank up the treble too much? I would buy the album if it's good. I don't have my original CD any longer, so need a new copy.

Try and get a early edition - I purchased all the Judas Priest Remasters some time ago - and they are terrible - very loud and bad sounding. Maybe vinyl is the best option?

Edit: haven't listened to the 30th edition.

Back