What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Turbo sounds pretty good huh? They didn't crank up the treble too much? I would buy the album if it's good. I don't have my original CD any longer, so need a new copy.

I think it sounds pretty good, I actually don't mind some compression on discs especially when I listen to most in the car. If I am going to do critical listening, with pen and paper, sitting in front of my stereo with no distractions, well then, i wouldn't be listening to Priest at all ? If like me, I choose to listen to this genre of music I can't remain too picky. Rule of thumb, always purchase the first run CD's from late 80's to early 90's. Here are two links showing the DR values and the cost of the 1990 CD.

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=judas+priest&album=turbo

https://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Judas-..._title_3?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1487630735&sr=8-2

The next thing I always ask my self, at what cost and how hard am I going to have to listen to say, yes, this was worth spending extra money. I hope this helps, I think the 30th anniversary with the great DVD that shows them as a powerhouse band in the early 80's as great.

I have the 30th anniversary edition of British Steel, wich includes a dvd-v concert - where they play the entire album live - it's really great.

Jerry Goldsmith ‎– Star Trek: The Motion Picture (3 CD set with 40 page booklet)

I'll say that this set sounds absolutely superb. Yes, I would love a Multichannel version of this.

Here's how they've worked some magic for this release. (La-La Land’s CD release notes)

La-La Land’s lavish presentation presents the score anew: fully restored, remixed and mastered from the first generation multi-track masters by Bruce Botnick, the original album co-producer and Goldsmith’s long time scoring engineer.

“To put together the complete score the decision was to go back to the original Analogue 16-track 2-inch 30 i.p.s. masters,” Botnick explains. “John Davis at Precision Audiosonics baked each of the 37 rolls in a convection oven at 110º for eight hours so that they were playable, then rolled out a marvelous 3M 56 IsoLoop 16-track machine with brand new heads. The tapes were resolved at 60Hz to maintain the original orchestral pitch and sync. The Analogue-to-Digital transfer was done from the 16-track through the latest Black Lion A/D convertors and recorded to Pro Tools X at 192kHz 24-bit.”

This 3-CD set presents the score for the 1979 theatrical release (filling disc 1 and part of disc 2) and also premieres the legendary early “rejected” cues that Goldsmith recorded prior to composing his famous main theme. The 1979 album program (much of which is performed and edited differently as compared to the film) completes disc 2, with disc 3 offering additional alternates (including those heard on the previous Sony expanded release) along with a wealth of bonus material. Among the highlights are a collection of early takes of the “Main Title” (including extensive stage chatter), isolated segments featuring Craig Huxley’s famous “blaster beam” and assorted synthesizer excerpts, the domestic CD debut of Bob James’ disco cover version of Goldsmith’s theme and Shaun Cassidy’s vocal version of the love theme, “A Star Beyond Time.”

Reissue co-producer Mike Matessino (who handled restoration and editorial efforts) collaborates with Jeff Bond on the thoroughly researched album notes which feature interview excerpts by Goldsmith, Botnick and performers Huxley and David Newman. The clamshell packaging and 40-page full color booklet are designed by Jim Titus.

Star%20Trek%203%20CD%20set_zps9v2iybu7.jpeg

Jerry Goldsmith ‎– Star Trek: The Motion Picture (3 CD set with 40 page booklet)

I'll say that this set sounds absolutely superb. Yes, I would love a Multichannel version of this.

Here's how they've worked some magic for this release. (La-La Land’s CD release notes)

Star%20Trek%203%20CD%20set_zps9v2iybu7.jpeg

I think you have excellent taste in music Simon, hehe

Would have been a real treat in 5.1, like you write.

I think you have excellent taste in music Simon, hehe

Would have been a real treat in 5.1, like you write.

Thanks Lad! :)

I've always had a soft spot for that soundtrack and I find it makes a fabulous listening experience on its own without the film as a distraction. The spacey synth sound accompanies the music to perfection. I love John Williams' scores for Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back to which this Goldsmith score makes a great companion.

Queen-On Air[2 cd set]bought it at Barnes and Noble today with a 30 percent discount it only cost just over $17 with tax.

Say goodby to that inferior CD and say hello to my new friend, Sealed vinyl buddy:banana::banana::banana: strange how that little dude with the guitar looks a lot like........................

thingfish1.jpg

My new 20% discount haul from Acoustic Sounds, all stereo SACD.
I was able to finish my Beach Boys collection, a little jazz and a little blues.
IMG_0087.jpg

Back