What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guitar solo starting at 3:05 is freaking brilliant. Thanks for posting the vid. I have Fly to the Rainbow. If you have any other early Scorps suggestions please share.

Get "Taken By Force"... Uli Roth's guitar work sizzles (the solo on "Sails of Charon" is a classic!). (There's also a couple tunes with Michael Schenker on them)

edit: Just saw the video posted at #2723 in "All About Music #2", so there ya go!

I've been on an early Michael Schenker kick lately. Picked up a couple of early UFOs recordings on CD, Phenomenon and Jump On It. Recently found Scorpion's Lonesome Crow, an early recording (late 60s) on CD for $5. The audio on this for regular redbook CD is really good. Lots of punchy bass and the guitar playing is, well, phenomenal. Hard to believe MS was only in his late teens when this was recorded. And in his early 20s when he joined UFO

Two excellent later UFO albums with Michael Schenker on guitar are "Walk On Water" and "Sharks"... I don't think they were very successful commercially, but the music rocks and Michael's in top form.

[video=youtube_share;1_noxdBCqIg]https://youtu.be/1_noxdBCqIg?list=PLM0QWHFvEjTbt05INVVDc5DmsrQggFXT 0[/video]

The Very Best Of Cat Stevens[South African cd.......only cost me $2 plus tax used]the interesting thing is this version has 23 tracks while the us version has 20[the us version was released in 2000 and the south african version was released in 2003]

Flowers in the Dirt - Macca (Super Deluxe Edition) 3 CD/DVD/13 24 bit downloads of 13 rare B-sides/single edits/remixes plus 16 bit cassette demo downloads of 3 tracks.

Tango in the Night - Fleetwood Mac (Super Deluxe Edition) 3 CD/DVD/LP What no 5.1 mix? Phooey

The Doors (1st album - 50th Anniversary Edition) 3 CD/1 LP No 5.1 mix here, either. Oh, wait. There was one of those in that peep hole box that I bought back in the stone age.

1 st pressing UK stereo, man it sounds so nice and talk about a clean and beefy slab of vinyl, a nice piece of kit as it were.

simon G.jpg

LTD Edition Steely D which includes the extra 4 track 12" disc, all tracks sourced from the original masters and mastered by Bob Ludwig, this is a :banana:

steely D.jpg

A couple additions: Craig Finn- We All want The same Things
Rhiannon Giddens - Factory Girl
Father John Misty - Pure Comedy

I bought the cd. I like it a lot. Compares to his first two. Don't buy that much vinyl new anymore because of the prices I see. Turntable is on basement with main system but most vinyl is upstairs with other systems.

Eric Clapton - I Still Do (2lp, 180 gram, 45 rpm) and it comes with a download voucher.

Now I have the vinyl and the digital download and the radio tube versions. (enough)

Herb Alpert CD's:
Come Fly With Me
Human Nature
Coney Island
Main Event live w/Hugh Masakela
You Smile, the Song Begins
Summertime
Warm
The Brass Are Comin'

Live in India - Don Ellis CD
More Than a New Discovery - Laura Nyro UK CD
Live at the Bottom Line '77 (King Biscuit Flower Hour) - Blood, Sweat & Tears UK 2 CD
New Road Under My Wheels - Jerry Miller CD
Live at Lobero Theatre - Peter Lewis & David West German CD

R-10049586-1491044526-6162.jpeg.jpg

...Goldfrapp fanboy here!!!!

Preordered the Clear vinyl when it was announced...got it today...

GREAT LP!!! (they seem to get back on track here....no more "John Barry-esque" LPs)

Bonus! there was a CD booklet which is signed by both of them in the LP sleeve! (I got TOU box set also signed by them!!!)

The download voucher lets you get it on 320 MP3
AND
44/24 FLACs...

Still deciding whether I should go spend 70 Euros to see them in a Festival....:confused:

Deep Purple-Infinite[2 disc version including the 90 minute documentary From Here To Infinite]

Back