What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, are you aware of somewhere that lists the artists on the box? shoppbs only has song titles

I love vintage blues.

I don't know if anyone has commented on it, but American PBS is showing a great series on 1920-30's blues and roots music called "American Epic". There is also a 100 song, 5 cd set available, not a "remastering" of the original 78s but claimed to be more of a unique restoration process using analog technology. Mine is in the mail. For those of you who like this sort of thing and will never own the original Paramount 78s..... :smoking I have many 78s, but not those.

P.P.S.- If anyone saw American Epic last night it should have been Frederico Blue, Elton John at Jack White's studio recording shellac discs on 1920's recording equipment. I think you will either have to buy the eventual DVDs, or maybe it will be broadcast in the UK? Great show from a historical perspective.

Chuck Berry-Chuck.......Lindsey Buckingham and Christine Mcvie[their new cd] both on cd

My favorite Elton John album from the last 40 years....finally on vinyl. Sounds gorgeous.

are any of the 4 sides of your copy pressed off-centre?
had that on a couple of sides, plus some distortion on vocals in Dark Diamond (love that track)..
seems like it was only yesterday the album first came out.. how time flies..!

are any of the 4 sides of your copy pressed off-centre?
had that on a couple of sides, plus some distortion on vocals in Dark Diamond (love that track)..
seems like it was only yesterday the album first came out.. how time flies..!

I did notice all of the above, but it was not significant enough to annoy me too much. Thought the piano sounded so real on "Emperor's New Clothes", I swear I could feel Elton letting off the sustain pedal at the end!

And yeah, hard to believe it's been sixteen years since it was released! I saw him at Madison Square Garden right after the album came out. It was also shortly after 9/11 (and was my first trip into NYC following that awful day, it was also Elton's first full concert in NYC after 9/11.) So the gig had a heavy vibe about it, but Elton and the band played their hearts out and it was one of the best shows I ever saw Elton do. I was so psyched to see him perform "The Wasteland". Wish he was still playing that one.

Now I just need to get my hands on the RSD 17/11/70 reissue..... FredBlue, I'm assuming you have that. How do the bonus tracks sound?

I did notice all of the above, but it was not significant enough to annoy me too much. Thought the piano sounded so real on "Emperor's New Clothes", I swear I could feel Elton letting off the sustain pedal at the end!

And yeah, hard to believe it's been sixteen years since it was released! I saw him at Madison Square Garden right after the album came out. It was also shortly after 9/11 (and was my first trip into NYC following that awful day, it was also Elton's first full concert in NYC after 9/11.) So the gig had a heavy vibe about it, but Elton and the band played their hearts out and it was one of the best shows I ever saw Elton do. I was so psyched to see him perform "The Wasteland". Wish he was still playing that one.

Now I just need to get my hands on the RSD 17/11/70 reissue..... FredBlue, I'm assuming you have that. How do the bonus tracks sound?

cool EJ story (sad circumstances right after WTC attack).. Wastelands a great track!
haven't got round to playing the 17/11/70+ set yet.. might get the chance this weekend, at last.

Latest batch of Canadiana lp's that has arrived in great shape

Crowbar - Larger than Life (with poster!)
Crowbar - The best of...
Crackers - Hard on You
Crackers - Choice Cuts
King Biscuit Boy - King Biscuit Boy
David Clayton-Thomas - David Clayton-Thomas
Dianne Heatherington - Heatherington Rocks

Also a Lighthouse cd - Lighthouse Live!

Moving on from EJ to FZ. I had heard the Zappas' "vaultmeister" Joe Travers say that the new vinyl pressing of Joe's Garage was a winner so I took a chance. And wow, this thing sounds fantastic. Nice full bass. Incredible dynamic range. Very sweet sounding. I really recommend this one.

34304784130_5763fb324f_n.jpg
35146420745_5d3501c6da_n.jpg

34336310593_76854e8538_n.jpg
34336244493_4f85193995_n.jpg

34909134381_dd6547177b_n.jpg
35146420985_7ab4345f4c_n.jpg

Flashback - Rhythm Dukes featuring Bill Champlin (Yogi Phlegm) & Jerry Miller (Moby Grape)

Live 1968 Carousel Ballroom - Electric Flag featuring Erma Franklin, 'Retha's sister. She had an hit on the R&B charts with Piece of My Heart a year before Janis' version. It's here and a bunch of covers. Recording is likely from board. Fidelity is not bad for '68.

"We're now calling ourselves Yogi Phlegm" - Bill Champlin
"I don't give a shit what you call yourselves. I'm billing you as Sons of Champlin." - Bill Graham

WOW...when did I order it?..Saturday???

I got it at work today!!!

They be FASSST!!!

Will report back on the DR of the LP...

(EDIT...is it me or is Christine donning the ....ehem..STEVIE NICKS hairdo????)

R-10400146-1496687858-4010.jpeg.jpg

This falls under the category of soon to be added to my PILE. I went to Pause And Play and looked at June 16th releases. I knew a couple of things I wanted were coming out. For some reason going through the list of releases, it reminded me of getting ICE monthly and scheduling my purchases. I have 4 discs that I NEED to buy in one form or another. I have been listening to a lot of vinyl lately so I don't know for sure what form my purchases will take. I will purchase on 6/16/17 the new Jason Isbell, Fleet Foxes, Matthew Sweet and Royal Blood. I will then close myself in my basement and proceed to turn up the volume. It is supposed to be 97 and humid, so I can't think of anything better to do to beat the heat (maybe one) with a few beers. I hope I am able to find them all without venturing into my downtown because we have the College World Series in town and parking sucks. Hope everyone is always looking for NEW music. Scott I will probably have to pick up Chuck since I did not get out last weekend.

After a 10 day vacation I do have a pile. Listening now to the 16/44.1 RBCD stereo beautiful new 2017 four disc box set, U2 The Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Collection. Disc 1 a 2007 remaster and discs 2,3,& 4, 2017 mix edition. Awesome photos and a book of photographs by The Edge. The Joshua Tree 2007 remaster has a bit more snap than the original CD, probably a Pro Tools sonic edition, not sure if my 1987 CD is better, just different. The DR scale has them slightly different. Having just seen U2 a few weeks ago I guess I am not seeing any negatives, plus running coax out into the McIntosh D150 sure helps. I purchased through Amazon and for the first time packaging was stellar, as good as anything CDJapan, actually was shocking how good it was packaged.

Back