What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had never even seen one of these before. Totally awesome.

kate.jpg

I had never even seen one of these before. Totally awesome.

View attachment 19657
Kate was GORGEOUS when she was young..I was SO ENVIOUS of PG for the "Don't give up" video...aww poor Pete, he had to HUG KATE for SEVERAL HOURS!!!!...(howwwllllll!!!)

The thing is that there are people who look good when they are young because they ARE young...and then there are people who do NOT AGE well..Unfortunately , that's the case for Kate ...and her new stuff is SOOOO BOOOORIINNGGG (to me) I really can't connect anymore with her material..... even "Aerial" ...
But she will always be in the PANTHEON of the gods/godesses because of "The Dreaming"..and her early albums up until The Red Shoes...

BTW, NICE CATCH!!
(I only have 2 VERY noisy LPs -horrible UK pressings, look great , sound horrendous , of Lionheart and The Dreaming..I do have an even worse Greek pressing of HOL, and some decent pressings of TSW and TRS)

and her new stuff is SOOOO BOOOORIINNGGG

Aerial and 50 Words for Snow are both magnificent albums, everything I could ever hope for in a new Kate Bush album (which I thought would never actually happen again). I keep coming back to them and discovering new things with each listen. I do agree The Dreaming is a pinnacle of genius and creativity, but Kate's whole catalogue is one long body of work that's so special, and these two album are a natural and direct continuation of her life's work — as dreamy, mysterious, and wonderful as anything she's ever done.

Unfortunately , that's the case for Kate

And I have to disagree about the other point as well, Kate is fucking gorgeous. It's so wonderful to see a woman getting older gracefully, not feeling like she has to alter her appearance to please the crowds or for some fake sense of "staying current", whatever that means. She's herself, as she's always been, so beautiful, and so unique.

Aerial and 50 Words for Snow are both magnificent albums, everything I could ever hope for in a new Kate Bush album (which I thought would never actually happen again). I keep coming back to them and discovering new things with each listen. I do agree The Dreaming is a pinnacle of genius and creativity, but Kate's whole catalogue is one long body of work that's so special, and these two album are a natural and direct continuation of her life's work — as dreamy, mysterious, and wonderful as anything she's ever done.

And I have to disagree about the other point as well, Kate is fucking gorgeous. It's so wonderful to see a woman getting older gracefully, not feeling like she has to alter her appearance to please the crowds or for some fake sense of "staying current", whatever that means. She's herself, as she's always been, so beautiful, and so unique.

Different strokes for different folks!!!
Cheers....
:smokin

The nice thing about the jazz format is that they don't "sell out" their genre by constantly remastering titles to simply generate revenue...like the pop/rock genre has been doing for years...and when they do remaster the album they actually try to improve it...instead of destroying it by reducing the dynamic range..so in the event you can't get a hi rez title of your favorite jazz title...or it has become ultra expensive...you can get a very good cd version...and there are some great sounding jazz CD's out there for sale...at reasonable prices...I'm guessing that because they aren't as popular as other genres they haven't been altered that much from the original issue...in fact you can still get the original CD versions(never remastered) of many jazz titles it you look around..

Now this title has been 20-bit remastered and here are the numbers..and I'm quite confident that it will sound good..

001.JPG

A very nice CD from Ace Records UK including a whole host of surfing type tracks that I hadn't heard before. Many of them are pretty good, so with top notch mastering I'm well pleased with it.

brian-wilson-low_383_383.jpg

Razor & Tie stereo SACD bought solely for the first few seconds of Edelweiss - the bit with just the bloke singing.

TSOM_1LP_CVR_c277b383-2dca-411b-b0c8-2cd39c847fe6_large.jpg

In an effort to rebuild my CD "stash"..I've found another gem that I used to own and it sounds impressive...I got this 1982 version HERE..its the same product as the 1986 release which was distributed in the UK...and my copy was made in Japan....great numbers here...just a little research on Ebay and you can usually find these early CD releases before they were destroyed by modern remastering...it's worth the effort to look for them...what a great album Silk Degrees is...forgot how good it was..

Went to my local music store to pick up the newest Graham Parker. Completely forgot about it while wandering around the store. Ended up buying the deluxe edition of Richard Thompson - Still, deluxe edition of Drive-By Truckers English Oceans, and 2 rereleases of Game Theory discs own on vinyl and cd but without the NEW bonus tracks - Real Nighttime and Dead Center. I had a new version of The Dream Syndicate Days Of Wine And Roses with new bonus tracks in my hands, but showed a little self restraint and put it down. Will probably buy it the next time when I go back to buy the Graham Parker. New Jason Isbell out on Friday, so I am sure I will be back.

Booker T & The MGs - McLemore Avenue

Just received my Silver MFSL CD of this underrated album and I'm lovin' what I'm hearing. It replacing my beaten up US original LP which sounded really sweet even it was only in VG- state.

Worth every penny! :)

McLemore Avenue.jpg

Booker T & The MGs - McLemore Avenue

Just received my Silver MFSL CD of this underrated album and I'm lovin' what I'm hearing. It replacing my beaten up US original LP which sounded really sweet even it was only in VG- state.

Worth every penny! :)

View attachment 20036

I might have to grab that one...lot of Beatles on there...love me some Green Onions...that's a classic tune..

Well, I do not have this in my hands yet but.....

I just pre-ordered Steven Wilson's new double LP "Transcience" due out in October!!!

Can't wait for this one. :smokin

I went through the playlist and figured I already got all the tracks in different formats and releases, so I think I'll pass Stevens compilation.

About a buck each, felt like stealing:

Anekdoten - Nucleus
Anekdoten - Gravity
Anekdoten - From Within
Camel - A Nod... (hdcd)
Camel - Rajaz (hdcd
Roine Stolt - Fantasia (1992 reissue)
Roine Stolt - Flower King
Salem Hill - Robbery Of Murder

Steve Earle and the Dukes-Terraplane(bought it used at Squeezebox in Evanston for $4.99)

Simon A's recent purchase of the Booker T disc made me curious...so I did my usual research and decided to try this title out...I opted for the Stax Remastered edition CD with a 24 bit remastering by Joe Tarantino...Joe's got an impressive body of work with most of the greats...check this out

001.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 132
Back cover

002.JPG

Here is a little insight into this album

Simon A opted for the silver MFSL edition...which has very good DR numbers...my version is not as good...but close and also contains bonus material outside the standard 4 songs...so if you look at the DR numbers on my version you will see the first 4 songs(the regular album)are very close to the MFSL disc...the bonus material isn't as good...but I wanted to see if I liked this album first...and if I'm not happy with the sound I can upgrade to the other disc...here are the numbers for both discs...when you compare them look at the first 4 songs...and I picked up a brand new copy for only $10 delivered HERE

Back