"Clean Living" LP on Vanguard

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadsearcher

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I thought I found a quad recording not in the discography, but apparently it was not released. There is a song from it on the track listing of a sampler though http://www.discogs.com/Various-Quadraphonic-Sound/release/5311141 .

Apparently the same cover was used for both stereo and quad releases, with both catalog numbers on it. The record I found was marked stereo on the label with the stereo catalog number in the wax, I passed. The playback instructions on the bottom of the back cover are the height of format confusion. Paraphrased from memory: The quadraphonic release of this record sounds best using SQ or EV but can also be enjoyed with Sansui or Dynaco decoders.

One of the tracks is on a Realistic sampler that I have. Probably was on a Vanguard sampler too. Wish the whole album was available in quad.

Any Vanguard LP in the US would be SQ, since Columbia pressed all Vanguard.

Vanguard Quad #'s on back covers don't automatically mean that there was a Quad release. Oregon's Winter Light 2ch LP (VSD-79350) lists a Quad equivalent. It was never released.

I thought I found a quad recording not in the discography, but apparently it was not released. There is a song from it on the track listing of a sampler though http://www.discogs.com/Various-Quadraphonic-Sound/release/5311141 .

Apparently the same cover was used for both stereo and quad releases, with both catalog numbers on it. The record I found was marked stereo on the label with the stereo catalog number in the wax, I passed. The playback instructions on the bottom of the back cover are the height of format confusion. Paraphrased from memory: The quadraphonic release of this record sounds best using SQ or EV but can also be enjoyed with Sansui or Dynaco decoders.

Any Vanguard LP in the US would be SQ, since Columbia pressed all Vanguard.

Vanguard Quad #'s on back covers don't automatically mean that there was a Quad release. Oregon's Winter Light 2ch LP (VSD-79350) lists a Quad equivalent. It was never released.
You mean any "quad Vanguard"lp released in the U.S.should be SQ? (the exception Vanguard Dynaquad sampler).

Ok, so I looked it up in Mark's discpgraphy and there was no quad issue(apparently) of Clean Living. However, I have Jubal's Blues Again on a Realistic 4 channel demonstration tape. I wonder if the stereo LP was actually a hidden SQ single inventory release. Can anyone try this out and report back? I don't own this LP, yet...:beer2:brew Just remember guys and gals, in Heaven there is no beer.

A handful of Vanguard albums from this time period list a quad catalog number for albums that were were never issued in quad and appear on the Quadraphonic Recordings Never Issued" " discography.
Both Clean Living Albums are listed as well as others from Vanguard.
I would assume the stereo album is just that as Vanguard had not adopted a single inventory policy and were doing separate stereo / quad releases as indicated by the catalog numbers on the album.

Back