HiRez Poll Labelle - NIGHTBIRDS [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Labelle - NIGHTBIRDS

• 5 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Contact

• Total voters
The quad mix is a definate 10. But i am not overly fond of the music. This is something if it was just in stereo, i would never listen to it again . But the quad is so good that i can enjoy it. I v ote 8 overall. If you like the music better add a couple points. Overall, enjoyable.

When I read that Acoustic Sounds had this for sale for $10.00 I had to get a copy. I never bothered with Labelle back in the day, I couldn't stand "Lady Marmalade" it was played to death on the radio. I found this disc to invoke 70's nostalgia, pre-disco funk/soul. As with a lot of music, surround makes it much more enjoyable, I never would have bothered with this in stereo. I quite liked "Don't Bring Me Down" and "Nightbird" in particular. Much of the disc reminds me of Tina Turner.

While a big fan of 70s R&B/funk, I've never heard this album before. (Lady Marmalade, excepted of course)

Wish I had it back then. Very good album. Great performances. Quad mix is excellent. Not every song is a winner in 2017, but pretty damn close. And that you can pick this one up for $10??? A steal.

I give it a "9"

Back