Welcome Bruce Soord from The Pineapple Thief - Q&A Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Recently, Bruce Soord, guitarist and songwriter of The Pineapple Thief, answered fan question on the Pineapple Project website. See interview here,
http://pineappleproject.co.uk/tpt/tpt-build-a-world-fan-qa-bruce-soord/

One of the questions is if TPT will release past or future albums in 5.1. Bruce Soord loves to do this, but he is new to mixing in surround. He says that he may have to get in touch with a certain Mr. Wilson :)

Bruce is already working on the new TPT album, so maybe he will do a 5.1 for that. They are a Kscope band, so the label will not hesitate to do it, looking at the succes of other Kscope artists doing 5.1 mixes.

Via the band's website, I wrote a short message about doing 5.1 as hi res dvd-audio, with examples of PT, Nosound and Kompendium and a link to QQ. I did not receive a reply, but who knows, perhaps the band will have a look here and see that there are a lot of 5.1 enthusiasts.

I also created a topic on the pineapplethief.com forum, but no replies there either from TPT fans. They are probably all to the gig tonight :)

For those of you unfamiliar with The Pineapple Thief, check them out on youtube. They also have a good compilation album out, called 3000 Days. TPT is a progressive rock band, with a huge output, a lot of EP;s are released between albums. And most albums have a bonus disc with extra tracks or acoustic reworkings. Highly recommended band when you like Porcupine Tree, Nosound, Anathema, Magenta and Riverside.

And yes, their layered sound would be excellent to mix in 5.1! :)

I would love to see Pineapple Thief in 5.1 DVDA (please forget Dolby Digital, at least DTS 96/24 right?)

Absolutely, no DD please. I think Mr. Soord in a hi def guy as well. The live at 013 set will be released at blu ray next year. Nothing cast in stone yet, let alone that there is any news on which type of audio will be used, but hopeful nonetheless.

I've been badgering Steve Kitch, who works with Bruce on the recording/production for Thief about 5.1 for ages, so I hope this comes off! They would be awesome in 5.1

I know Bruce and Steve we shared a few times stages in Italy and UK...we'll play again together with Bruce in London in July so I'll have a talk with them.

If they want I'm happy as well to help them with the 5.1 if Steven is too busy ;)

They're all nice guys. I've been a fan since way before their KScope days. They've used some of my photography in the past for promo stuff, too.

I know Bruce and Steve we shared a few times stages in Italy and UK...we'll play again together with Bruce in London in July so I'll have a talk with them.

If they want I'm happy as well to help them with the 5.1 if Steven is too busy ;)

Thanks Giancarlo. It would be great if you could use your mixing skills for some nice TPT in 5.1

Since my last post on the subject I've had a bit of a discussion with him on the subject; it is most definitely of interest, so here's hoping!

PTh is a group that I've had on my list to listen to but never got around to...

If they do 5.1 - I'm in....

Sadly, I haven't heard any more about 5.1. Would be a shame since he's been working with Jonas Renkse (Katatonia) on "Wisdom of Crowds" and the "stable" is obviously a big proponent of surround sound.

Back