Welcome Bruce Soord from The Pineapple Thief - Q&A Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Album is up for pre order over at Burning Shed, https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/product/272/5884/

TPT's bold 2014 album. Double disc deluxe media book edition with 24 page booklet. The second disc features two exclusive bonus tracks and four acoustic versions of album tracks.

-------

Anthemic, catchy and straight from the heart.

Representing the culmination of Bruce Soord's ongoing quest to expand TPT's musical horizons beyond the Progressive sphere, with a sound referencing Biffy Clyro and Muse, Magnolia is the album that might just bring The Pineapple Thief to the masses.

A devastating collection of 12 beautifully crafted songs awash with emotional shades and inspirational ideas and moves from the strident opening assault of Simple As That (the album's first single) to the cinematic sweep of closing track Bond.

Magnolia was recorded at Snap Studios and mixed at Strongroom Studios in London, by Adam Noble, whose previous work includes albums from Placebo, Guillemots, Paul McCartney, Robbie Williams and Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly.

Pre-order for 15th September release.
preorder (£11.99 GBP)

Tracks
CD 1:

1. Simple As That [4:04]
2. Alone At Sea [5:20]
3. Don't Tell Me [3:33]
4. Magnolia [3:47]
5. Seasons Past [4:13]
6. Coming Home [3:07]
7. The One You Left To Die [4:21]
8. Breathe [2:51]
9. From Me [2:34]
10. Sense Of Fear [4:30]
11. A Loneliness [3:18]
12. Bond [4:29]

CD 2:

1. The Fins Fan Me [3:57]
2. The One You Left To Die (Acoustic) [4:18]
3. Seasons Past (Acoustic) [4:18]
4. Don`t Tell Me (Acoustic) [2:58]
5. Magnolia (Acoustic) [3:47]
6. Steal This Life [04:06]

Not the whole album as acoustic version unfortunately. It does have two extra tracks though, and for those familiar with the non album songs from TPT, they are probably stellar too.

image.jpg

Just saw this tweet from Bruce:

Studio upgraded to 5.1. Expect some high resolution ultra dynamic releases in 2015 for all you audiophile nutters!

I just tweeted back this, hope he replies:

@bsoord That sounds awesome, your music deserves to be heard in 5.1 Will you be redoing any of your order albums in 5.1 or just new albums?

Just looked at my tweet and wow, should have read before tweeting, hope he understands that I meant older albums, whats a order album(LOL)

Studio upgraded to 5.1. Expect some high resolution ultra dynamic releases in 2015 for all you audiophile nutters!

@bsoord That sounds awesome, your music deserves to be heard in 5.1 Will you be redoing any of your order albums in 5.1 or just new albums?

Just looked at my tweet and wow, should have read before tweeting, hope he understands that I meant older albums, whats a order album(LOL)

Oh man - this would be spectacular if in fact they release some of their older material in 5.1 hi-rez.....wow!!!

that is gerat news! Thanks Pete for highlighting and the follow up question.

Hopefully the back catalogue too will get the 5.1 and dynamic range upgrade :)

Great news! I'd really like to have Magnolia in surround, its perhaps my favourite album from 2014

Magnolia is really good, more rocking than the olde albums. The typical Bruce Soord hooks are all over the Magnolia album, really nuce.

My all time favourite TPT album is Little Man. I asked on the TPT forum what Bruce is up to. Lets see if Bruce answers to Peter's tweet and on the TPT forum.

For all you Pineapple Thief fans, read this latest tweet from Soord and enjoy:

There is a new TPT live album download coming very soon, recorded during our 2014 tour. There will also be a 5.1 Flac version, mixed by me.

:)

Superb! Downloading now! :) :banana: :) :banana: :) :banana: :) :banana: :) :banana: :)

Peter - your player may be able to play surround flacs directly from USB depending on what make/model it is. I know my CA BD752 does and I'm pretty sure the Oppo range does.

Back