Stereo SACDs from Audio Fidelity: Joe Walsh and B.B. King and Eric Clapton

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The official announcement of "So What" by Joe Walsh and "Ridin' With The King" by B.B. King on Audio Fidelity Hybrid Stereo SACD.
Scheduled availability date is June 30, 2015.

Audio Fidelity - Stereo SACDs - June 2015.jpg

It's kind of hard to go back to stereo. This reminds me of something that happened once before.

The mastering of the stereo on the DVD-A is pretty loud and compressed. Rumor is that this new SACD will be a much more dynamic true to the master tapes. We'll see.
That's moot to me if it is only stereo.

It's kind of hard to go back to stereo. This reminds me of something that happened once before.

As always, it all depends on what the artist and record label will approve for reissue. in this case, no Multichannel tapes were available on Joe Walsh and no record label OK for a Multichannel SACD.

I'm sure Audio Fidelity will be watching the sales on this pair to see how they do vs. their Multichannel SACD series. Will they sell as well without a Multichannel SACD track? Time will tell.

Two updates on these Hybrid Stereo SACDs coming from Audio Fidelity.

The "Street Date", the day the Stereo SACDs will be in stock and ready for purchase, is now July 10th for BB King and Eric Clapton and July 24th for Joe Walsh.

The "Street Date", the day the Stereo SACDs will be in stock and ready for purchase, is now July 10th for BB King and Eric Clapton and July 24th for Joe Walsh.

Is there any info that you're willing to reveal about the Jeff Beck Group release (the "Orange" album, I presume)?

I don't know how they could split the release dates like that since subscribers always get two at a time. I'm gonna try to get out of buying the BB King/EC ... see if I can substitute something else for it.

street date update, no mention of Jeff Beck

Attachments

• af_comingsoon.jpg
    af_comingsoon.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 251
Perhaps at the last minute a deal to have this be a multichannel release fell through?

Actually the Multichannel tapes for So What were among the ones that could not be found by Universal Music.
So yes, it was a planned Multichannel SACD release until then.

Back