70'S QUAD FM SYNDICATIONS AND SIMULCASTS-OTHER THAN BBC, KBFH

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Most of us are aware of KBFH AND LIVE FROM THE BBC (STEREO POP FESTIVAL, LONDON WAVELENGTH), that were broadcast in the 70's, but this thread is to make QQ members aware of the other simulcast&syndications that were also available in SQ, QS and one I know of in EV-4.

In some cases I don't have a list of artists broadcast, perhaps someone else can fill in the blanks or even add to the list.

thankyou-derek

WXRT CHICAGO "UNCONCERT" SERIES Live:

GENESIS(78)
BOZ SCAGGS
CHEIFTANS
SHAWN PHILLIPS
SON SEALS BLUES BAND

This info comes courtesy "EVOLUTION".The concerts are encoded by long time SQ quad man Ken Rasek.

CHICAGO "KOOL JAZZ FESTIVAL" (SQ)

McCOY TURNER, FREDDIE HUBBARD, RON CARTER, AND TONY WILLIAMS (SEPT 82)
ALBERTA HUNTER-87 YEARS YOUNG (SEPT 82)

STEREO FESTIVAL WNYC FM and CH 31(SQ)

TOKYO STRING QUARTET
GARY GRAFFMAN
LORIN HOLLANDER
DONALD GRAMM
RUTH WELTING
GEORGE SHIRLEY
FLORENCE QUIVAR
JUDITH NOVEL
BAROQUE MUSIC MASTERS

ROCK AROUND THE WORLD (SQ)

......and more

LIVE FROM THE BOTTOM LINE (QS)

LOU REED
PROCTOR AND BERGMAN
BRYAN FERRY
TOM WAITS
GATO BARBIERI
HARRY CHAPIN
MANHATTEN TRANSFER
MIKE BLOOMFIELD
DAVID BROMBERG
KENNY RANKIN
RACHEL FARO
THE PERSAUSIONS
NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND

Producer Don Kettler (also broadcast in dummy head binaural in 75)

STUDIO 4 with Skitch Henderson (EV-4)
broadcasts out of NY? in 73, MOR programming

LIVE FROM THE AGORA CLUB, CLEVELAND (QS)

BILLY COBHAM
THE BRECKER BROTHERS
DAVE LIEBMAN
DAVE BRUBECK
JEAN LUC-PONTY
WEATHER REPORT
NEW YORK MARY
BOBBY HUTCHERSON
IGUANA
LARRY CORYELL
STANLEY TURRENTINE
GEORGE BENSON
MIKE URBANIAK
FREDDIE HUBBARD
GARY BURTON
GARY WRIGHT
THE OUTLAWS
ELVIN BISHOP GROUP
MONTROSS
MELISSA MANCHESTER
URSULA DUDZIAK
BEN SIDRAN
TOM WAITS (JAN 77)

ALL CONCERTS REPORTED IN "THE FOUR CHANNEL SCENE", SANSUI'S PROMO NEWSLETTER.SANSUI WAS ALSO THE MAIN SPONSOR FOR THE LIVE AGORA QS BROADASTS AND SYNDICATION.

THE BOSTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA-BOSTON POPS WCRB (QS),
also available in (SQ)
produced by BOSTON SYMPHONY TRUST-RICHARD KAYE

Here's an ad by Sansui about the "AGORA JAZZ CLUB" broadcasts. The QS shows were produced by Denny Martin.This ad (Audio Nov76)

1433358953150.jpg1433359007014.jpg

I have a DVD-A of this Genesis Quad broadcast and it is a stunner. Its the complete show and surprising high quality. The two channel stream is exceptional as well.

Fantastic setlist as well. This is a must have. :music

I have the original SQ ENCODE on cassette .And yes this is a good concert as is the MATRIX HJ quad concert from July 78.Phil's in between banter and humour is worth while listening to.The performance is stellar in both concerts.

I guess they were considered for the live box, and movie box sets, but alas were not accepted.,, Oh Well .

Also available as THE CARS-MOVING IN QUADIO, was a WXRT SQ QUAD broadcast.This collector has yet to find and obtain though.

If anyone has decoded versions of the Tom Waits listings please PM me. I have both in stereo - I wonder if the encoding is intact? Correct Agora record date would be 12/13/76, Bottom Line would be either 4/22 or 23/75, or more likely 12/18/76. For the 75 shows he was playing solo, so not much to work with, but he played with three others in 1976 so that would be great if mixed well.

......and more

LIVE FROM THE BOTTOM LINE (QS)

LOU REED
PROCTOR AND BERGMAN
BRYAN FERRY
TOM WAITS
GATO BARBIERI
HARRY CHAPIN
MANHATTEN TRANSFER
MIKE BLOOMFIELD
DAVID BROMBERG
KENNY RANKIN
RACHEL FARO
THE PERSAUSIONS
NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND

Producer Don Kettler (also broadcast in dummy head binaural in 75)

STUDIO 4 with Skitch Henderson (EV-4)
broadcasts out of NY? in 73, MOR programming

LIVE FROM THE AGORA CLUB, CLEVELAND (QS)

BILLY COBHAM
THE BRECKER BROTHERS
DAVE LIEBMAN
DAVE BRUBECK
JEAN LUC-PONTY
WEATHER REPORT
NEW YORK MARY
BOBBY HUTCHERSON
IGUANA
LARRY CORYELL
STANLEY TURRENTINE
GEORGE BENSON
MIKE URBANIAK
FREDDIE HUBBARD
GARY BURTON
GARY WRIGHT
THE OUTLAWS
ELVIN BISHOP GROUP
MONTROSS
MELISSA MANCHESTER
URSULA DUDZIAK
BEN SIDRAN
TOM WAITS (JAN 77)

ALL CONCERTS REPORTED IN "THE FOUR CHANNEL SCENE", SANSUI'S PROMO NEWSLETTER.SANSUI WAS ALSO THE MAIN SPONSOR FOR THE LIVE AGORA QS BROADASTS AND SYNDICATION.

THE BOSTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA-BOSTON POPS WCRB (QS),
also available in (SQ)
produced by BOSTON SYMPHONY TRUST-RICHARD KAYE

If anyone has decoded versions of the Tom Waits listings please PM me. I have both in stereo - I wonder if the encoding is intact? Correct Agora record date would be 12/13/76, Bottom Line would be either 4/22 or 23/75, or more likely 12/18/76. For the 75 shows he was playing solo, so not much to work with, but he played with three others in 1976 so that would be great if mixed well.

Tom Waits !!

Tom Waits !! Yes I second that one. This guy (fizzywiggs) is a MAJOR FAN of anything by Waits, and if you can supply surround.....that would be Mega -awesome.

@anybody ^

@Fourplay ¿

I have seen a Bottom Line cd online from time to time (75) Is it quad encoded ? I wonder ?:smokin

ooo Jean-Luc Ponty.....

Yea, Ponty would be cool in QS Quad:music

Live From The Agora had both QS syndicated programs and SQ encoded syndications.

The QS sponsored by SANSUI featured Jazz artists, as the illustration indicates.

The SQ featured rock icons and I may have a few listed in QS by SANSUI by mistake.Mark Anderson posted an ad regarding the CBS SQ broadcasts which I found very revelatory, but damn if I can find his post for reference.
If he reads this....Please post your Billboard ad on SQ at the Agora, thx Mark. Up til I saw that ad I was always under the assumption QS was broadcast from the Agora.
-dizzy fizzy.

Yea, Ponty would be cool in QS Quad:music
Mark Anderson posted an ad regarding the CBS SQ broadcasts which I found very revelatory, but damn if I can find his post for reference.
If he reads this....Please post your Billboard ad on SQ at the Agora, thx Mark. Up til I saw that ad I was always under the assumption QS was broadcast from the Agora.
-dizzy fizzy.

By luck I ran across this and then fear set in as I wondered where would I look for it. Got lucky, below is the scan
Live At The Agora.jpg

By luck I ran across this and then fear set in as I wondered where would I look for it. Got lucky, below is the scan
View attachment 27024

Thanks Mark,

Just look at all those legendary incredible rock icons with their performances being broadcast in SQ QUAD !!

Makes this quadraphile salivate.!:D

Also makes one wonder if any of those quad encodes exist for purchase via compilations by the said legends.:rolleyes:

The Steely Dan broadcast "Live At The Record Plant-KMET " is broadcast in quad as the announcer/DJ states at the end of the concert.

"Thanks Sansui Quad"

This is one of the bands rare live concerts , the concert to promote the release of PRETZEL LOGIC and contains one tune (the last) never released on Steely Dan records.

broadcast from L.A. 20/ 3/74 in QS.

Were these transmissions ever recorded? And if, would they be commercially available? Seems a shame letting them rot in the vaults!

One can always hope that one day they will be made available to the consumer and fans.

Those "Live from The Agora" perk my interest. Manfred Mann, Savoy Brown, Patti Smith, and Bob Seger !!

Superb acts!! :D

Back