Best of Roxy Music SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another erroneous listing?

fwiw, I returned the redbook to Amazon in Germany (having clearly explained they sold the wrong product and not the SACD as described.. so if they're persisting with it they're either stupid or I was just unlucky and they really do have new inventory of the SACD but sent the redbook by mistake!) anyway, those highly efficient krauts refunded me the £28 already.. that's it, case closed afaic.. I've got it on SACD anyway so this would've just been a spare.

Do you guys think it's worth buying and taking a chance???

Honestly, I'd say no, based on my experience anyway :)

..but you might get lucky! If you don't mind the process and the schlepping to the post office to return it.. maybe go for it! :p

(I realise I've just been no help at all.. sorry! :eek: )

Down to 5 so someone besides me bought one. I was ordering a Blu-ray anyhow so I just added the Roxy to the order. I still haven't got my shipment of two that I ordered previously.

Still better than the redbook, unless it is the redbook.

That's the rub...when I researched this disc that's what the general consensus was...it wasn't taken from the master tapes...but the CD layer...plus it's not surround...but you do get great content on one disc...just don't expect it to sound like Avalon or Boys And Girls....

My order from about a month ago showed up. No dice. Will cost me $16 to return. I wonder if I will get reimbursed for that? And what's with those dumb stickers on the backs? That's probably the source of the problem. Covering up the UPC.

Attachments

• roxy_best_cd_fronts.jpg
    roxy_best_cd_fronts.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 126
  • roxy_best_cd_backs.jpg
    roxy_best_cd_backs.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 131
It's the same procedure as Amazon UK etc (print off the labels and other paperwork and do all as per instructions) they should refund you the full amount of return postage per what's on the affixed stamp (Amazon.de did for me) Mine didn't come sealed or with UPC sticker on back fwiw.

I sent them an e-mail. I guess I won't hear back until Monday.

update: Heard back already. Here's what they said:

Please use the least expensive mail method if the value of the items you send back is less than 40 EUR. If the items are over 40 EUR please choose the delivery option "Paket" and keep the certificate of posting.

Amazon.de will refund you the return postage.

So......... anyone know what they mean by "Paket"? Looks like the return postage will exceed the retail value of the CDs.

Last edited:
Back "in stock". Can't these guys correct a mistake even after so many returns?

More coming? Probably CDs again.

Attachments

• more_roxy_cds.jpg
    more_roxy_cds.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 98
Back