Mobile Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this one today.

Attachments

• Miles1.jpg
    Miles1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 353
  • Miles2.jpg
    Miles2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 357
I will want to know about that title!...I love the look of the MoFi discs..

Well, a lot of it comes across as abstract/jazz/psychedelia. I really think it's either you want it for the sake of a historical piece...as the music was truly groundbreaking for the times....or you really do like the music. I'm a little of both. I love some good psychedelia...and parts of this disc are just semi-frightening. I mean, I guess if you were doing some good LSD....it just might freak you out. LOL! Of course...I intend to NOT do that. But I personally love the music. It is NOT a toe tapper...it's too abstract for that. A little foreboding....

Well, a lot of it comes across as abstract/jazz/psychedelia. I really think it's either you want it for the sake of a historical piece...as the music was truly groundbreaking for the times....or you really do like the music. I'm a little of both. I love some good psychedelia...and parts of this disc are just semi-frightening. I mean, I guess if you were doing some good LSD....it just might freak you out. LOL! Of course...I intend to NOT do that. But I personally love the music. It is NOT a toe tapper...it's too abstract for that. A little foreboding....

That sounds like the first time I heard Ornette Coleman..I was like..."whoa"...kinda froze me in my tracks...I've been enjoying this one..lately...just a brilliant performance...another time capsule recording..the sound is dated and has some flaws but man Miles really get's down..

This one showed up recently. Should I play it or keep it sealed? I haven't decided. Hadn't noticed it wasn't an original master recording.

Attachments

• dylan_band_flood_front.jpg
    dylan_band_flood_front.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 244
  • dylan_band_flood_back.jpg
    dylan_band_flood_back.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 235
Released within one week of each other....the MoFi SACD of "Kind of Blue" (top) and the Hong Kong Sony Music version.

I see how MOFI removed the Columbia logo from the top right of the album cover. How ridiculous. I wonder which one sounds better. I have the original Sony SACD.

Last edited:
Meh, such waste, how about NOT taking the opportunity and make the best to the audience and include a quad mix... It's not like it won't have the stereo layer. Such is the world of rights.

Another "Quad-Block" no sale for me.

:nuke

I'm with Jon on this one too - purchasing this is supporting the non-release of quad mixes. If you need a high-resolution version of this album the 24/96 download (available at the usual retailers) has it's full dynamic range intact (DR12) and matches the tonality of the original vinyl pretty closely.

Back