Mobile Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I received THE CARS stereo SACD. It's number 2245! I wonder how many they printed?

It's a koo one - brings out the drums and more Bass - almost forgot what a great rock album it is :banana:

Man....these Sinatra SACD's just get it done...the latest one I purchased(songs for swingin' lovers)is glorious in MONO...you hear songs like I've got you under my skin...and it's that Sinatra magic...the guy could be singing about a leaky faucet and he just has your undivided attention...there are certain artists(and actors)that have that IT quality...they are just born with IT...this album was released in 1956 folks...and it's as relevant today as it was then.....pick one up at 20% off with promo code MUSIC20 HERE

MoFi SACD Santana "Abraxas". I've been waiting over two years for this one to get released. Sounds great though I STILL want a new multichannel SACD of it.

MOFI is having a pretty nice sale on some LP's and also a bunch of mostly stereo SACD and then finally, some out of print things that have a pretty high price, but might be collector items...I dunno. Anyway, probably worth a visit. Oh yeah, and it's via Elusive Disk.

MOFI Sale

Listening now to the stereo MOFI release, Miles Davis, On The Corner. Absolutely great.

ALL the MoFi Miles SACDs sound great. I recently spun Nefertitti and The Sorcerer. Like you're right in the room with Miles!

In case you overlooked this one, it's a real treat: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=6356 The Dennis Hopper film for which this soundtrack was assembled and Don Johnson's performance are likewise engaging.

Addenda: Was just perusing the Acoustic Sounds website and noted that you do have the HOT SPOT and gave it 5* which it justly deserves.

ALL the MoFi Miles SACDs sound great. I recently spun Nefertitti and The Sorcerer. Like you're right in the room with Miles!

In case you overlooked this one, it's a real treat: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=6356 The Dennis Hopper film for which this soundtrack was assembled and Don Johnson's performance are likewise engaging.

Addenda: Was just perusing the Acoustic Sounds website and noted that you do have the HOT SPOT and gave it 5* which it justly deserves.

I just received Mofi's Miles Davis "Miles in the sky"....simply breathtaking.

Oh...and Hot Spot is special. Miles Davis with JohnLee Hooker and Taj Mahal....startling.

It's great to see that I'm not the only one buying and loving the Mofi series of hybrid stereo sacds...

Today I received THE CARS stereo SACD. It's number 2245! I wonder how many they printed?

And now, after ripping my SACD to my PC....here you go. :) :) :)
I am one happy camper!!

The Cars MOFI SACD.jpg

I was spinning MoFi's Stereo SACD of Jefferson Airplane's VOLUNTEERS the other night and although it sounds wonderful, I naturally would've preferred it in 4.0. Time to fire up my QUAD Dolby b encoded Open Reel which, from memory, was much more exciting.:cool:

I was spinning MoFi's Stereo SACD of Jefferson Airplane's VOLUNTEERS the other night and although it sounds wonderful, I naturally would've preferred it in 4.0. Time to fire up my QUAD Dolby b encoded Open Reel which, from memory, was much more exciting.:cool:

Ralph - soooo. Is the SACD of Volunteers excellent? I have to decide between the 45rpm vinyl or the SACD. I assume you might say the sacd...but those 45rpm vinyls sound excellent many times.

Ralph - soooo. Is the SACD of Volunteers excellent? I have to decide between the 45rpm vinyl or the SACD. I assume you might say the sacd...but those 45rpm vinyls sound excellent many times.

Gos, you can probably eventually buy the MoFi SACD from ImportCD [when they stock it] for $22 and change, probably half of the 45 rpm price....but IMO, I'd hold out for [hopefully] an eventual 4.0 SACD (either from AF or SONY Japan).

It's a pretty dense album but isn't the best in SACD sonics (like the much later Cars debut or Heartbeat City SACDs which ARE superior).

A GREAT album, nonetheless! At 52 minutes, it'll probably be spread over 4 sides of 2 discs........@ 45 rpm. So that's YOUR call!

Gos, you can probably eventually buy the MoFi SACD from ImportCD [when they stock it] for $22 and change, probably half of the 45 rpm price....but IMO, I'd hold out for [hopefully] an eventual 4.0 SACD (either from AF or SONY Japan).

It's a pretty dense album but isn't the best in SACD sonics (like the much later Cars debut or Heartbeat City SACDs which ARE superior).

A GREAT album, nonetheless!

Yeah, OK. Well, I'm not surprised. To my ears, the older Airplane stuff has never had the greatest fidelity. Not sure why...but of course, I love the music and what it stands for. I have an old CD of Volunteers and I'm sure I could improve on it. :)

Yeah, OK. Well, I'm not surprised. To my ears, the older Airplane stuff has never had the greatest fidelity. Not sure why...but of course, I love the music and what it stands for. I have an old CD of Volunteers and I'm sure I could improve on it. :)

I REALLY think a 4.0 QUAD SACD would be superior to the two channel because of the very dense original mix. Wonder how the MONO SACD of Surrealistic Pillow (and/or vinyl) will sound?

Would still LOVE to hear Worst of the Jefferson Airplane on 4.0 SACD. Wonder if the QUAD master is in usable shape? Still remains a mystery.:yikes

Having just received the new 2017 catalog from Music Direct in the mail, these are the MoFi SACD titles that MoFi announced:

Ry Cooder - Boomer's Story, Paradise and Lunch, Chicken Skin Music
Supertramp - Breakfast in America
Derek & the Dominos - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

Derek & the Dominos - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

There goes any hope to finally hear Elliot Scheiner' (supposedly) astounding surround mix of this album anytime soon... :(

(I know it's been released. But only in a big box set that is OOP and crazy expensive)

Back