Mobile Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a lot of MOFI's coming up and are at pre order status.
Interesting to me are:
Bob Dylan's (7 0f 9 mono), Derek and the Dominoes (I have so many versions already), James Gang Rides Again, and Billy Joel's Vol I&II.

Not interesting are the 4 Dire Straits and the 1 Supertramp, my SHM SACD's are good enough.

Not sure are Procol Harum A Salty Dog, Linda Ronstadt, Richard Thompson, The Knack, Two Ry Cooder's, Tom Waits and Crystal Gayle.

Pass: Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach, Ricki Lee Jones

I guess I'd have some interest in the Procol Harum. I don't currently own that in any format.

Question to EU people, what are the shipment rates from MFSL to EU? One CD for instance. I have a hard time finding their releases here.

New Hybrid Stereo SACD from MoFi In Stock at Music Direct - Ry Cooder's Paradise and Lunch.
Strictly Limited to 2,000 Copies.

Ry Cooder - CMFSA2159.jpg

https://www.musicdirect.com/optical...nd-lunch-numbered-limited-edition-hybrid-sacd

As the sales of optical discs continue to drop (Mobile Fidelity is now making only 2,000 copies each of some of their new Stereo SACD releases), we will continue to see the reissue labels look at other options including Vinyl LPs, Analog Tape and Music Downloads vs. reissues on SACD and CD. That includes fewer SACD Surround Sound reissues.

When surround fans raise objections to recording methods (which tapes were used, type of mix) or express no interest in categories of albums (no live/concert recordings), that further reduces the chances that Surround Sound will be considered for a specific album reissue.

In this era of shrinking optical disc sales and production, the best way to encourage more Surround Sound reissues is to be open to many albums vs. being more choosy.

Snood was about to go to bed...........but Bmoura brought up this 2000 copies thing from MOFI

Snood just bought the NEW recently released GET THE KNACK stereo SACD direct from MOFI limited to 2000......I get it in the mail and it is number 2031 WTF!!!???:howl

Well the disc was marked up so Snood had to contact them to get an RMA and me asked wtf is up with 2031??? No reply except concerning the return.........so me asked again........still waiting for a reply to why right above the number that says number it is number 2031 it says limited edition of 2000

QD9Jkqk.jpg
:yikes

Snood was about to go to bed...........but Bmoura brought up this 2000 copies thing from MOFI

Snood just bought the NEW recently relaeased GET THE KNACK stereo SACD direct from MOFI limited to 2000......I get it in the mail and it is number 2031 WTF!!!???:howl

Well the disc was marked up so Snood had to contact them to get an RMA and me asked wtf is up with 2031??? No reply except concerning the return.........so me asked again........still waiting for a reply to why right above the number that says number it is number 2031 it says limited edition of 2000

QD9Jkqk.jpg
:yikes

It could be 2031 if the counting doesn't start at one.... :)

It could be 2031 if the counting doesn't start at one.... :)

from Steve Hoffman forums..........

Received today 4/13/17. Limited Edition 2000 yet I received # 2244!!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:mad:@:

from Steve Hoffman forums..........

Received today 4/13/17. Limited Edition 2000 yet I received # 2244!!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:mad:@:

Bmoura did specify that SOME of the current crop of MoFi SACDs would have no more than 2000 pressings. It would seem to me that The Knack probably had a larger initial pressing due to its [former] popularity. In fact, thanks for reminding me to order it.

But I did post on another thread that over a dozen or more MoFi Stereo SACD titles are showing up at vendors DeepDiscount and ImportCDs at substantial discount prices so I'm not surprised that MoFi is being cautious by not ordering what at one time were 10K SACD reissues of a given title. And if one reads between the lines, it also doesn't bode well for future MoFi Stereo SACD releases if lackluster sales portend this trend will continue....as vinyl reissues from both Analogue Productions and MoFi continue to SOAR!

Bmoura did specify that SOME of the current crop of MoFi SACDs would have no more than 2000 pressings. It would seem to me that The Knack probably had a larger initial pressing due to its [former] popularity. In fact, thanks for reminding me to order it.

According to Music Direct, Get The Knack is limited to 2,000 copies on Hybrid Stereo SACD and 3,000 copies on the upcoming MoFi Vinyl LP edition.
Another reminder to get the reissue titles of interest when they come out, before they disappear.... :)

The Knack from MoFi.png

https://www.musicdirect.com/optical...-limited-to-2000-numbered-edition-hybrid-sacd

I just want to expand a bit on The James Gang Rides Again. I took a second listen last night to this stereo only MOFI Hybrid SACD release and it is so beautiful, recorded obviously very well back in the day, the musical performance is so relaxing and good. Every once in awhile I get surprised and this is quite a joy.
51jMcjAh4ZL.jpg

Back