Mobile Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now In Stock at Music Direct - Heartbeat City by The Cars and Hotcakes by Carly Simon on Stereo SACD from Mobile Fidelity.
On sale at 15% Off with code USA15

Hotcakes and Heartbreak City.jpg

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-259214...ity-numbered-limited-edition-hybrid-sacd.aspx
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-259225-carly-simon-hotcakes-numbered-limited-edition-hybrid-sacd.aspx

Well Snood(and others if interested)I just finished Heartbeat City and IMO it's worth a purchase...it shows it's age in spots but overall is well done(y)

Had you purchased the Audio Fidelity Gold CD from a few years back?

Had you purchased the Audio Fidelity Gold CD from a few years back?

No I don't have that one BUT I certainly respect those Hoffman mastered Gold CD's(looks around for a comment from fredblue)as I have some of them and they are excellent...I doubt this would be much of an upgrade..I'm not one of those people that thinks that a SACD is automatically better than a CD...depends on who works on it...

Hotcakes and Heartbreak City on MoFi SACDs are sounding fine here as well.
Recommended.

Ok folks...not sure what to buy next...let me make a few suggestions...Music Direct is STILL offering 15% off..PROMO CODE SUPER15...and free shipping at the $49 price point...I can give a big thumbs up to these discs that I recently purchased

TIME OUT-HERE
Carly Simon-Hotcakes HERE
THE CARS-Heartbeat City HERE
Bill Withers-Greatest Hits HERE

So here is how this works...pick 2 of these I listed at $25.49 each with the promo code SUPER15 and your order comes to $50.98 and you get free shipping...buy all 4 and it's $101.97...you can't go wrong with any of these titles...they sound excellent..

Listening to Bill Withers Greatest Hits SACD....some cool songs

If you like that one Clint, be sure to grab this one too. A great combination of laid back performances and a very "into it" audience. So much so that they ask for the first track to be played again a mere seconds after the bands finishes playing. Amazing energy in the room. Love it.

The album features songs that do not show up on his studio albums. World Keeps Going Around is one of my favourites of his and the band simply nails it.

Bill%20Withers%20Carnegie%20SACD_zpsg9ce73tx.jpg

Yeah, I tried it with recent beach boys. Took 20%off, but because they are not in stock, shipping is not free: I hate that rule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta be patient my man...there are other titles that might appeal to ...I'm in the process of grabbing some...take those titles you want...but aren't in stock...and put them on the site "wish list"...I always have some available to fill an order from my previous entries on my wish list...

You gotta be patient my man...there are other titles that might appeal to ...I'm in the process of grabbing some...take those titles you want...but aren't in stock...and put them on the site "wish list"...I always have some available to fill an order from my previous entries on my wish list...

So, I sent email to MD to complain, and I got an email that said, sorry for the inconvenience, please call us to place the order and we'll take care of that. Whoa...I was so excited...

But, when I called them, they basically told me what the disclaimer says. Out of stock, doesn't count towards the free shipping. Ugh....

Yeah, I tried it with recent beach boys. Took 20%off, but because they are not in stock, shipping is not free: I hate that rule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's obvious that acoustic and elusive want you to pay more right now for "bragging rights" on the new Beach Boy titles...they know some people want to be the first ones to get these titles...so they are taking advantage of that ego boost..hehe...in my case I'm not very interested in these later beach boy releases...I'm not as optimistic about the sound quality and I'm not real crazy about the content...

Back