Thanks Thanks:  118
Likes Likes:  229
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson Remix Coming Soon!)

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star colsky's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson Remix Coming Soon!)

Quote Originally Posted by GOS View Post
    MAN! I would take any H&O in surround. Oh, and TfF as well. All is good IMO.
    I would love War Babies in surround, my favourite H&O album by miles, from 1974 and not overly commercial. Todd Rundgren produced, and a massive Todd and Utopia presence on the album. Every Todd fan needs this album!

2. Likes Simon A, GOS, Snood liked this post
    400 Club - QQ All Star dobyblue's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson Remix Coming Soon!)

I'm with you there. I've wanted to pick up some of the MOFI releases on vinyl but my budget for media is way blown with surround SACD and Blu-ray releases already...I'd go into debt a little more for surround but not for stereo.

4. Likes GOS, rtbluray, himey liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!! I got the SACD of H&O 'Rock n Soul' from CDJapan a while back, and it's brilliant (even though it's stereo). The fidelity is wonderful. Surround mixes, particularly of their 80's albums would be awesome.

As for TFF, having SW mix Phil Collins drums in "Woman In Chains" would be a career highlight for me.

6. Likes GOS liked this post
    800 Club - QQ All Star privateuniverse's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Post Thanks / Like

Over on SDE today, Paul Sinclair mentions a forthcoming reissue of Elemental.

I was commissioned by Universal to interview Roland for an Elemental reissue which is queued up behind Seeds!
    Obviously it's a little early to be counting our chickens on this one as we haven't even gotten the Seeds of Love set yet, but hopefully Mr. Wilson will work his magic on Elemental as well!

EDIT: Sadly, the subject of Elemental came up because Alan Griffiths, who co-wrote much of the album with Roland, has just passed away.

8. Thanks kap'n krunch thanked for this post
    Likes Snood, rtbluray, kap'n krunch, himey liked this post
    organ of Corti junkie kap'n krunch's Avatar
    Some country where you can't criticize the govt.
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by privateuniverse View Post

Obviously it's a little early to be counting our chickens on this one as we haven't even gotten the Seeds of Love set yet, but hopefully Mr. Wilson will work his magic on Elemental as well!

EDIT: Sadly, the subject of Elemental came up because Alan Griffiths, who co-wrote much of the album with Roland, has just passed away.
    Oh , man, that sucks..RIP, Alan!!!!

I've had my SOL LP rip in quarantine since they announced that SW was doing the MCH mix, so it will be refreshing to hear it in "Surround-o-visiorama"...
    Avatar: a Goddess...Capucine -...The Ice Queen
    -------------------------------------
    "LIFE is NOT in Stereo , it's in SURROUND, so why limit your music to stereo...? By that same train of thought we should've stayed in MONO..." -Me

10. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray liked this post
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I'm in for Elemental!

That is fantastic news!

I absolutely love Elemental! It's an album that still sounds fresh even today. This is one I'd love to hear in 5.1 so I hope they find someone to mix it tastefully.

Very sad to hear this. He was the second half of Tears For Fears for much of the 90's and his contribution to Elemental and Raoul & the Kings of Spain helped make these underrated albums still sound great today. R.I.P. Alan.

12. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope that they can finally get "The Seeds of Love" reissue out this year so that way they can reissue "Elemental" next year for its 25th anniversary.

Surround yourself with the best.

Coming soon in 2017: "Eye in the Sky" (The Alan Parsons Project) and "A Farewell to Kings" (RUSH)!
    Already released: "Black Sea" (XTC); "Songs from the Wood" (Jethro Tull); "Misplaced Childhood" (Marillion); "Three Piece Suite" (Gentle Giant) and "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

14. Thanks JanBakker, Simon A, FVDnz thanked for this post
    Likes JanBakker, Simon A, FVDnz liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson Remix Coming Soon!)

Quote Originally Posted by rtbluray View Post
    I just hope that they can finally get "The Seeds of Love" reissue out this year so that way they can reissue "Elemental" next year for its 25th anniversary.
    I'd be more than happy with that.

16. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray, JanBakker, The Bright Side liked this post
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Today over on SDE, Paul Sinclair was asked about a release date for this. He replied:

The short answer is “I don’t know”. Probably 2018. The format will be consistent with the others (The Hurting, Songs From The Big Chair) – it was designed ages ago and looks great! If Universal issue what Steve Hammonds and I put together, it will be a stunning box set!
    So maybe it's a new album this year (the last interview that I read with Curt said that the album was currently being mixed) and then the Seeds of Love box next year.
    Last edited by privateuniverse; 06-11-2017 at 04:34 AM.

18. Thanks Snood, rtbluray, FVDnz thanked for this post
    Likes Snood, rtbluray, Barbazul, Simon A, FVDnz liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

No word on a possible release date for the first Roxy Music album in surround yet?

AVALON was such a stellar example of the medium (and coming late to the party, I found it at OOP prices -- won't be late on the first album! If it comes out at all at this point ).

20. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the bad news is that the remixes for both "Roxy Music" and "The Seeds of Love" have been finished for quite some time (especially the former, which was finished almost five years ago) and neither one of them still have a release date set.
    The good news is that the year is not over with yet, so there's still plenty of time for them to pop up before the year ends.
    (Now of course if we get closer to October and there's still nothing, then yeah we'll probably have to wait until sometime in 2018 for both of them.)

Since Steven Wilson is now on a Universal label, it would be nice if he had more influence now to get these released, but that part of the equation will never change. If the artist and/or record label keep putting up road blocks and delays, that's just the way it is…

Coming soon in 2017: "Eye in the Sky" (The Alan Parsons Project) and "A Farewell to Kings" (RUSH)!
    Already released: "Black Sea" (XTC); "Songs from the Wood" (Jethro Tull); "Misplaced Childhood" (Marillion); "Three Piece Suite" (Gentle Giant) and "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

22. Thanks fizzywiggs41, halbroome, timbre4, peterzach thanked for this post
    Likes fizzywiggs41, timbre4, peterzach liked this post
    400 Club - QQ All Star salsdali's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rtbluray View Post
    Yep, the bad news is that the remixes for both "Roxy Music" and "The Seeds of Love" have been finished for quite some time (especially the former, which was finished almost five years ago) and neither one of them still have a release date set.

Since Steven Wilson is now on a Universal label, it would be nice if he had more influence now to get these released, but that part of the equation will never change. If the artist and/or record label keep putting up road blocks and delays, that's just the way it is…
    someone once explained to me, that is how the Diamond (A lady's best Friend) business works.

There are plenty of diamonds in storage, they aren't all that rare, it's just that the diamond industry releases them for sale a little at a time to artificially create "scarcity" and increase their perceived value and the price they can charge.

Something tells me the music biz has taken note of this. lol

24. Likes fizzywiggs41 liked this post
    Level
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by salsdali View Post
    someone once explained to me, that is how the Diamond (A lady's best Friend) business works.

There are plenty of diamonds in storage, they aren't all that rare, it's just that the diamond industry releases them for sale a little at a time to artificially create "scarcity" and increase their perceived value and the price they can charge.

Something tells me the music biz has taken note of this. lol
    its a great analogy.. the trouble is while diamonds are forever, the fanbase of Tears For Fears (and just about any other rock/pop band except maybe The Beatles.. no, even The Beatles) has a finite lifespan.. (imho)
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    837 SACD (688 MCh), 353 DVD-A, 298 SQ LP,
    138 CD-4, 136 Audio-DVD, 118 DualDisc, 114 BD-A,
    112 Q8, 79 DTS CD, 34 QS LP, 29 Dolby Surround CD,
    6 MultiCh DL

26. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray, fizzywiggs41 liked this post
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star 4-earredwonder's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    its a great analogy.. the trouble is while diamonds are forever, the fanbase of Tears For Fears (and just about any other rock/pop band except maybe The Beatles.. no, even The Beatles) has a finite lifespan.. (imho)
    So sez The Pearl of the British Isles.......

28. Likes Robert van Diggele liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul Sinclair (editor of the SDE website and contributor to TFF boxsets) has mentioned that he has a test pressing of the Seeds blu ray. Not sure that means it's any closer to being issued, but it's a fun little tease at least. See this comment and his reply: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/re...omment-1373104

30. Thanks haikubass, peterzach, DuncanS, rtbluray, Snood thanked for this post
    Likes JanBakker, peterzach, DuncanS, rtbluray, Snood liked this post
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artwwweb View Post
    Paul Sinclair (editor of the SDE website and contributor to TFF boxsets) has mentioned that he has a test pressing of the Seeds blu ray. Not sure that means it's any closer to being issued, but it's a fun little tease at least. See this comment and his reply: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/re...omment-1373104
    BASTARD!!!
    PR*** TEASER!!!!
    although , a glass master is a good thing..it means that they are ON THE WAYYYYYYYY!
    "LIFE is NOT in Stereo , it's in SURROUND, so why limit your music to stereo...? By that same train of thought we should've stayed in MONO..." -Me

32. Likes JanBakker, haikubass, rtbluray, Snood liked this post
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star 4-earredwonder's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kap'n krunch View Post
    BASTARD!!!
    PR*** TEASER!!!!
    although , a glass master is a good thing..it means that they are ON THE WAYYYYYYYY!
    DITTO, Kap. One of my all time favorite albums. Saw them perform LIVE recently and they haven't lost their touch, that's for sure.

34. Likes Snood liked this post
    300 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4-earredwonder View Post
    DITTO, Kap. One of my all time favorite albums. Saw them perform LIVE recently and they haven't lost their touch, that's for sure.
    Good to know! have tickets to see them in a couple of weeks with Hall & Oates. Prices are high and not really a fan of large venues any longer, but never have seen either act and you never know these days when it might be the last chance to see anyone, so I'm taking it!

36. Thanks peterzach, rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes peterzach, rtbluray, Snood liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second ClassSocial25000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

BASTARD!!!
    PR*** TEASER!!!!
    Hopefully this doesn't follow the Roxy Music release schedule but it might as Paul Sinclair said he has had the bluray for 18 months so sadly they are not in any hurry to get this out to us.

38. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray, Snood liked this post
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

So while we wait for the Seeds of Love box to materialize, it looks like we will finally see some new TFF music released VERY soon. A new song, "I Love You But I'm Lost", will premier on BBC Radio 2 tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM. This hopefully means new album before the end of the year. About time! It's only been thirteen years since the last album! (But I guess that's working fast compared to Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel or Roger Waters, LOL!)

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

So while we wait for the Seeds of Love box to materialize, it looks like we will finally see some new TFF music released VERY soon. A new song, "I Love You But I'm Lost", will premier on BBC Radio 2 tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM. This hopefully means new album before the end of the year. About time! It's only been thirteen years since the last album! (But I guess that's working fast compared to Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel or Roger Waters, LOL!)
    AFAIK, their new album will not be released this year.
    This new song is one of two new songs on a new Tears for Fears compilation being released by Universal called “Rule the World”.
    Still, hope it’s a great new song!
    They were really great live this year touring with Hall & Oates so they can still play and sing really well for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41. Thanks peterzach thanked for this post
    Likes peterzach liked this post
    300 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really looking forward to seeing them at the Royal Albert Hall on 27th!

Woman in Chains from Seeds of Love sounds great even in PLII, so I'm really looking forward to what SW has done with it.

43. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray, Robert van Diggele liked this post
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by capsid View Post
    I'm really looking forward to seeing them at the Royal Albert Hall on 27th!

Woman in Chains from Seeds of Love sounds great even in PLII, so I'm really looking forward to what SW has done with it.
    THE WHOLE SOL LP sounds incredible in DPL II!!!!... I know it's not the same but that's why I'm not getting desperate...and , hint...I recommend-for your listening pleasure- to listen to it from a UK first pressing...night and day compared to the CD...

Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

THE WHOLE SOL LP sounds incredible in DPL II!!!!... I know it's not the same but that's why I'm not getting desperate...and , hint...I recommend-for your listening pleasure- to listen to it from a UK first pressing...night and day compared to the CD...
    Does that include the UK first issue of the CD? ...as opposed to later poorly mastered ones?

46. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
    300 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simon M View Post
    Does that include the UK first issue of the CD? ...as opposed to later poorly mastered ones?
    Yeah, how do I know its a first pressing or not?

I bought the CD soon after release so should be OK?

48. Thanks rtbluray thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast