HiRez Poll Ogre - THE LAST NEANDERTHAL [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please rate the DVD-A of Ogre - THE LAST NEANDERTHAL

• 10 - Excellent Surround, Excellent Fidelity, Excellent Content

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 9 -

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 8 -

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 7 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 -

• 5 -

• 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Contact

• Total voters
I'm reviving this thread - as I know there are a LOT of members who have been asking for hard rock in surround. Well, this is it! No, you likely won't know the music, but who the hell cares? This has some serious Black Sabbath sung by Bon Scott vibes going on....you just can't go wrong with it. I think Edisonbaggins and Marpow have mentioned wanting more rock in surround. This is it! Buy it.... :)

Forgot about this release, thought I'd ordered it but apparently not. So I did, and I do like what i hear but...

My disc has a typical DVD-R:ish look on the back (purpleish, blueish), also the matrix reads DVDMINUSR 16X. I mailed the label but no answer as of yet. Is this an official bootleggish kind of thing perhaps? Anyone else?

Still, GOOD sounding disc but not exactly what I was expecting material wise.

My disc has a typical DVD-R:ish look on the back (purpleish, blueish), also the matrix reads DVDMINUSR 16X. I mailed the label but no answer as of yet. Is this an official bootleggish kind of thing perhaps? Anyone else?

Anyone else?

What label is it on again? I would also have to check at home. As I recall, it appeared to be a semi-official "home brew" type of production. Music was good though, the guitarist is sort of a mini Tommy Iommi....or should I say ":phonesinfluenced".

we are a little independent label of a group of fans (including professionals) for Quadraphonic surround since the 70's. Also 5.1 sounds for us not better. With the phantom center quadraphonic surround has for listening also 5 channels. And so we make further on the 4-channel mixdown.We have started, when the big labels has nearly no surround discs produced. And we do it by enthusiasm, till now not for earning money, because also our productions cost some money each by only some less interess by the fans. But we do it also for us self. By such less sales worldwide we can not produce 1000 items in the usual duplication technic, so we do it with DVD-R - But with same sound-quality. We thank those fans, who are our customers worldwide for their support four our activity. In the meantime we have till now produced 25 quadraphonic productions. The newest will be ready in 2 weeks and you can see it in our webside quadro-surround.de Alltogether - we do more as only talking about quadraphonic surround. We make quadraphonic action. Neverthelss you can ask us about all themes of your interess.

Dietrich

we are a little independent label of a group of fans (including professionals) for Quadraphonic surround since the 70's. Also 5.1 sounds for us not better. With the phantom center quadraphonic surround has for listening also 5 channels. And so we make further on the 4-channel mixdown.We have started, when the big labels has nearly no surround discs produced. And we do it by enthusiasm, till now not for earning money, because also our productions cost some money each by only some less interess by the fans. But we do it also for us self. By such less sales worldwide we can not produce 1000 items in the usual duplication technic, so we do it with DVD-R - But with same sound-quality. We thank those fans, who are our customers worldwide for their support four our activity. In the meantime we have till now produced 25 quadraphonic productions. The newest will be ready in 2 weeks and you can see it in our webside quadro-surround.de Alltogether - we do more as only talking about quadraphonic surround. We make quadraphonic action. Neverthelss you can ask us about all themes of your interess.

Dietrich
Thanks for clarification. Sound wise I love what I hear, hope we will see more from your label and specifically more OGRE quads (y)

Hello John and Ninecates,

yes, we have a further production in preparation. As you knows, we produce music in different styles frpm Country to Jazz and also rock. We will see, if OGRE has recordes another interesting rock music. But in April we offer another sort of music in the style of Glenn Miller and Ray Conniff. Both in different mixes from Enoch Light or Conniff himself. W send again a flyer.

Dietrich

I have just received a copy from Dietrich and as others have previously stated this is one very good 'Black Sabbath' sounding disc indeed. Great surround treatment and as it states 'play it loud', so I did!! This gets a metallic 9 from me.

On a more sombre note, it maybe that 'Quadro-Surround' needs a heads up as Dietrich maybe considering to move on. He sent me these views in a recent email to confirm the posting of the disk. If anyone has a closer link with him, some contact might be appreciated to see what help can be provided...just a thought.

Last edited:
I was attempting to trade a kidney for a hoarded, collector's copy of the Last Neanderthal, but it turns out it is still in production.

The link at the top of the thread points to a discontinued website but their quad conversions can still be purchased here: Quadro-Surroundsound-Musicproduction

I'm currently exchanging emails to purchase quad mixes of The Last Neanderthal, Plague of the Planet (which is sold out at the site but which they've told me is about to get a reprint) and...

...this little gem!! The Crossover Quintet - Easy Classic / Classic Surround (I really like chamber music)

Samples here:
https://www.surround-musik.de/english/music-samples.html Check out 'Palladio'

Back