How to get new Quad 8 channel tapes? Is it possible to 3d Prints?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganzha

I like to releese electronic music in QUAD fromat but in orginal Quad 8 channel tapes. Myabe someone has experience or ready to 3d print model for producing cartriges for such format?

I like to releese electronic music in QUAD fromat but in orginal Quad 8 channel tapes. Myabe someone has experience or ready to 3d print model for producing cartriges for such format?

I've long wanted to do that. 3D printing is a great idea. Is there also a 3D scanner? One could scan each piece. Tape might be a problem, I don't know if regular reel tape would work for a cart, weren't cart tapes impregnated with some kind of lubricant?

Graphite-impregnated tape is a must. Normal tape will bind, snag and break when used in an endless-loop format. Like recording wire from the 40's used to this day in airline black boxes/data recorders - it is still manufactured as cockpit voice recorders use the same tape in pretty much the same endless loop format (basically a B-size cart without the shell).

Back