IAN HUNTER-Your never alone with a schizophrenic live QS?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Does anyone know if his 79 Live at the Agora music tracks are quad-QS Encoded?

The Agora in Cleveland did a lot of QS SIMULCASTS , and this may or may not be QS.

thankx-fizzled

Wow I don't have anything really to add to what you post but I am originally from Cleveland and 69-72 I frequented the Agora. The music was so loud but good it hurt my lungs.

I am not sure if that one was encoded but according to the ads that ran in Billboard magazine in '76 & '77 they were doing the shows in SQ. I Only have one show listed on the Quad Radio Discography and have been hoping for more info on other shows that actually made it to broadcast. Unfortunately I have not seen advertised broadcast dates for specific shows so the only way to find the ones in quad would be to listen to an unedited show for announcements.
Agora Billboard Nov 5, 1977.jpg

I am not sure if that one was encoded but according to the ads that ran in Billboard magazine in '76 & '77 they were doing the shows in SQ. I Only have one show listed on the Quad Radio Discography and have been hoping for more info on other shows that actually made it to broadcast. Unfortunately I have not seen advertised broadcast dates for specific shows so the only way to find the ones in quad would be to listen to an unedited show for announcements.
View attachment 20403
I have one show of Agency Recording and it is QS.
I was not aware that they broadcasted any SQ shows.Thanks for the info Mark.

Thanks for sharing that. I bet the Billboard ads were just a mistake labeling the broadcasts as SQ. I hope we can find info on more shows.
I wouldn't get too hasty to dismiss the Billboard ad outright.They do correctly identify SQ as CBS, afterall.

It's quite likely they had both matrices in operation, but utilized QS in the jazz series which was sponsored by Sansui.All of the info I have on Agora in QS comes from Sansui's promo bulletins "The Four Channel Scene".

I published on QQ some of this Radio Simulcast info with a pic of the Sansui ad under the "MEDIA" thread back in the beginning of June.
To view this your going to have to request to go back 2 months, as it still is available to see on this site.

Back