Buying Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered four more SACDs from the AF line via Collector's Choice Music (on sale), got the shipping notice the next day. But it did not include a tracking number. So I went and signed into the CCM site and looked at my order there. It says shipped there too, but no tracking number supplied.

I know they sue their own shipping in bulk for part of the way to customers (like ImportCDs), but it still is usually tracked all the way right? Then when it gets to your state, you get the USPS system picking up?

Your patience is about to be rewarded! :)

I wish Music Direct had a faster processing/shipping time. Purchased this Monday night and per the tracking, it was finally shipped on Thursday. In today's world of technology, I have no idea why some companies take 2-3 days to "process" an order. To me, these discs are more important and urgent than medication :)

I wish Music Direct had a faster processing/shipping time. Purchased this Monday night and per the tracking, it was finally shipped on Thursday. In today's world of technology, I have no idea why some companies take 2-3 days to "process" an order. To me, these discs are more important and urgent than medication :)

So true - they ARE medication. lol

I've had pretty good luck with the USPS Priority Mail option at Elusive Disc.
Takes 2-3 days and delivery includes Saturdays.

Low cost and if Elusive Disc says a disc is In Stock, they ship it the same day.

Low cost and if Elusive Disc says a disc is In Stock, they ship it the same day.

When I buy and sell through e-bay, I ship using padded envelopes and regular first class mail. It's delivered within 2-3 days even cross country (of course, there are always those exceptions). Music Direct was having free shipping, so I didn't want to upgrade the Priority Mail for an extra fee. My issue was the long processing time. Glad to see Elusive Disc ships the same day...definitely a major plus for those who are impatient (like me!). I'll have to give them a try in the future. Thanks.

With Music Direct's sort of unprecendented current 20% off Music sale and FREE shipping over $49, I imagine the volume of orders has overwhelmed them. What I would be MORE concerned about is the amount of time it takes for Music Direct's MoFi SACD titles to actually reach market....sometimes taking up to two years and preventing other companies (like our brilliantly well~machined Audio Fidelity) from releasing these titles in multichannel!

In Music Direct's Defense, though, they, unlike Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds, have placed NO restrictions on discounted titles and have even reduced their inventory of SHM~SACDs from $60 to $40 (with NO further discounting available).

BTW, Music Direct DOES specify 'average' delivery 'may' take 3-10 business days: http://www.musicdirect.com/t-specialsale.aspx

With Music Direct's sort of unprecendented current 20% off Music sale and FREE shipping over $49, I imagine the volume of orders has overwhelmed them. What I would be MORE concerned about is the amount of time it takes for Music Direct's MoFi SACD titles to actually reach market....sometimes taking up to two years and preventing other companies (like our brilliantly well~machined Audio Fidelity) from releasing these titles in multichannel!

In Music Direct's Defense, though, they, unlike Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds, have placed NO restrictions on discounted titles and have even reduced their inventory of SHM~SACDs from $60 to $40 (with NO further discounting available).

BTW, Music Direct DOES specify 'average' delivery 'may' take 3-10 business days: http://www.musicdirect.com/t-specialsale.aspx

I took advantage of the 20% sale and free shipping at the $49 level...I saved $8 on this one...and grabbed this one for$23.99...no tax and free shipping...the order came to $55.98

I've quit using Elusive since the last few shipments have been in jiffy bags offering little protection of the contents. Music Direct is the best option.

I've quit using Elusive since the last few shipments have been in jiffy bags offering little protection of the contents. Music Direct is the best option.

My shipments from ED are always nicely boxed.
Though my orders usually contain multiple discs, are you ordering 1 or 2 at a time?

My shipments from ED are always nicely boxed.
Though my orders usually contain multiple discs, are you ordering 1 or 2 at a time?

I'd say 1 at a time. If I'm doing a multi-item order I'll usually order from MD or AS since both have lower minimums to get free shipping.

I'm waiting on advice (Clint :) ) on this topic. So, the next 2 releases I have to have are Loggins/Messina (Full Sail) and of course BOC (Secret Treaties)
Easy enough? Yeah, but I'm trying to get good prices and play the no shipping game.

Yes, I could just cave in and order both from Amazon and be done with it. I pay a higher price for both, but no shipping and a little for tax. Or, BullMoose has them listed both, but once you add tax, the fact that Full Sail is $28, no savings there.

No other sites have them both listed. My point is, yeah, I can wait till others list them (like import CD's) but I do NOT want to miss either of these titles. I mean, you never know. (Full Sail via importCD is listed as $20.82)

I'm waiting on advice (Clint :) ) on this topic. So, the next 2 releases I have to have are Loggins/Messina (Full Sail) and of course BOC (Secret Treaties)
Easy enough? Yeah, but I'm trying to get good prices and play the no shipping game.

Yes, I could just cave in and order both from Amazon and be done with it. I pay a higher price for both, but no shipping and a little for tax. Or, BullMoose has them listed both, but once you add tax, the fact that Full Sail is $28, no savings there.

No other sites have them both listed. My point is, yeah, I can wait till others list them (like import CD's) but I do NOT want to miss either of these titles. I mean, you never know. (Full Sail via importCD is listed as $20.82)

I locked down my order for Full Sail on June 16th...remember that sale at importcds...with shipping and tax my order came to $23.03...now without that discount the price is still the best US price..$20.82 plus $2.99 plus your tax...in my case if I purchased it now it would be $25.24...so I saved a few dollars...but Secret Treaties is another matter...it's too early right now to make a move...just keep your eye on this thread...because I'm watching the progress on that one..here is the listing on importcds....did you get this one

I can't help it. I LOVE bargains in music. I pre~ordered Full Sail at $20.82 + received a 10% discount from ImportCD (and no tax but of course the 10% discount more than paid for shipping/handling). Amazon might get it to you a little faster (if that's REALLY a priority...I could care LESS) but even though I have prime, I'm also subject to almost 8% sales tax.

ImportCD DOES have THE best prices on Audio Fidelity SACDs (stereo or QUAD) and I can't guarantee they won't sell out quickly (well, Full Sail MIGHT) but if you're really interested in super fast shipping you might want to consider those OTHER options....that's right, GOS....be the first on your block to own a piece of history........even though you probably will be as NO ONE ELSE ON YOUR BLOCK EVEN KNOWS WHAT AN SACD IS IN THE FIRST PLACE!:ugham:

I can't help it. I LOVE bargains in music. I pre~ordered Full Sail at $20.82 + received a 10% discount from ImportCD (and no tax but of course the 10% discount more than paid for shipping/handling). Amazon might get it to you a little faster (if that's REALLY a priority...I could care LESS) but even though I have prime, I'm also subject to almost 8% sales tax.

ImportCD DOES have THE best prices on Audio Fidelity SACDs (stereo or QUAD) and I can't guarantee they won't sell out quickly (well, Full Sail MIGHT) but if you're really interested in super fast shipping you might want to consider those OTHER options.

btw, it's Prime Day today on Amazon.. at least on the canadian site. I haven't looked around though, as I only have the "regular" card

btw, it's Prime Day today on Amazon.. at least on the canadian site. I haven't looked around though, as I only have the "regular" card

I did check it out, ji eff, but so far have not been impressed.......now if they could only hand out balloons and FREE hot dogs over the internet............:yikes

Finally bit and ordered Full Sail and The Cars SACD from importCD's. Pretty excited about both. As far as BOC, I'll wait and see what options are out there. If none are presented in the next couple weeks, I'll simply order from Amazon... :)

Finally bit and ordered Full Sail and The Cars SACD from importCD's. Pretty excited about both. As far as BOC, I'll wait and see what options are out there. If none are presented in the next couple weeks, I'll simply order from Amazon... :)

I've ordered plenty of the AF titles from ImportCDs and found them to be fast and cheap with titles that are in stock at the time of ordering. For out of stock things they can be up to a month wait. I'm fine waiting if it is really coming.

Spectrum has. Even on back order quite a while. And Full Sail is not out yet, so those are the two I am waiting for currently. Love the low prices.

Not sure if AF is about to announce another set of surround SACDs or not. But I am noticing that most all of the 4.0 and 5.1 discs are selling out at online retail, and are about cleaned out at the Audio Fidelity site as well.

Quad layered SACD seems to have sold well. Or maybe not, maybe they needed to have second and third runs on titles in order to be considered big enough hits. I suspect the only 4.0 titles that did not come close to expectations are LABELLE - NIGHTBIRDS
and BILLY JOEL - STREETLIFE SERENADE. Not one of the retailers I have seen are out of stock on those two, while Alice, Doors, Mahavishnu Orch, Billy Cobham, and many others are running low or all all sold out.

I have a feeling that many or even all of the 4.0 SACDs are not coming back in stock, not getting repressed at all.

It's time to double-dip right now if you are a flipper, and good speculator type investor.:D

Back