Thread: Buying Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Buying Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs

I hope this doesn't go off topic, but it's relevant. Where are we best to order from to ensure getting a copy? Or no way to know? I already placed pre-order last night from Amazon......

2. Thanks JanBakker thanked for this post
    Likes JanBakker liked this post
    Quad Goddess & Moderator Quad Linda's Avatar
    Level
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best Of Doors - QUAD 4.0 SACD coming in June courtesy of Audio Fidelity

Pre-ordered yesterday by my guy Joe, 'cause he's my knight and STRONGER THAN DIRT!
    KWAD KITTY

4. Thanks Clint Eastwood thanked for this post
    Likes fredblue, Lute, JanBakker, timbre4 liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best Of Doors - QUAD 4.0 SACD coming in June courtesy of Audio Fidelity

Gents, what's the best shopping alternative for us in Europe? A tracked parcel from amazon.com raises the price up to 56 usd!

6. Likes JanBakker liked this post
    Level
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CÚsar View Post
    Gents, what's the best shopping alternative for us in Europe? A tracked parcel from amazon.com raises the price up to 56 usd!
    None of my beeswax but why go tracked/insured in the first place? (Unless you want it quicker?)

fwiw, I've never had an Amazon.com parcel (directly from Amazon in the States, I mean, rather than the marketplace) go awol yet (and there's been 1 or 2 over the years.. )
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    825 SACD (676 MCh), 348 DVD-A, 298 SQ LP,
    137 CD-4, 132 Audio-DVD, 117 DualDisc, 111 BD-A,
    79 DTS CD, 51Q8, 34 QS LP, 29 Dolby Surround CD,
    6 MultiCh DL

8. Thanks Clint Eastwood, CÚsar, fizzywiggs41 thanked for this post
    Likes fizzywiggs41 liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranSocial10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CÚsar View Post
    ImportCD? Their price of Best of Bread SACD is quite good right now ($20.12): http://www.importcds.com/music/4158671/best-of-bread

10. Thanks CÚsar, fizzywiggs41, timbre4 thanked for this post
    Likes fizzywiggs41, timbre4 liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    None of my beeswax but why go tracked/insured in the first place? (Unless you want it quicker?)

fwiw, I've never had an Amazon.com parcel (directly from Amazon in the States, I mean, rather than the marketplace) go awol yet (and there's been 1 or 2 over the years.. )

Two reasons mainly: Tracked parcels includes a provision for custom fees (I had a bad experience with customs last year with Vernon Fitch's books) and lately here in Spain USPS and even Royal Mail parcels are beginning to get "lost". The last one lost by Royal Mail was Nine Lives boxset a couple of months ago and I feel like my copy of Sanctitude is also lost. Of course Amazon replaces all lost shipments, but the waiting and the whole process is a pain in the butt. And well, euro to dollar exchange rate is not what it used to be anymore... (you lucky Brits with your pounds!).
    Is it listed in ImportCD already? Could not find it

12. Thanks fredblue, fizzywiggs41 thanked for this post
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
    Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
    You have to realize that it's not being released until June...I doubt that price at amazon will be the final price..it will be lower...the other outlets haven't even listed it yet...importcds and the other "usual suspects" will have this title...I imagine acoustic sounds will continue their usual pricing structure..around $30...but having said all that..when I bought those Doors SACD's 2 years ago they were $30 then(I got them with 10% off)and look at the price now..so it's not out of line for this to be priced where it is now...and another thing..don't worry about not getting the disc...it will be available unless you wait a while for it...which in your case I know you won't..
    Like I said earlier...that amazon price wasn't firm..it's dropped to $27.99 HERE...and Joe Cocker's disc is the same price HERE...and it's SO early...the other usual suspects will have this disc too so it could be even cheaper...I did lock in the price at amazon for both of these titles FOR NOW...and I will watch the other outlets as the release date moves closer...

14. Thanks Old Quad Guy, JanBakker, sf49erjohn thanked for this post
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME!!! Nice find my man...I hadn't checked back at Amazon...though my order is in.

Like I said earlier...that amazon price wasn't firm..it's dropped to $27.99 HERE...and Joe Cocker's disc is the same price HERE...and it's SO early...the other usual suspects will have this disc too so it could be even cheaper...I did lock in the price at amazon for both of these titles FOR NOW...and I will watch the other outlets as the release date moves closer...

16. Likes JanBakker liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    QQ Counsel
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Best of Doors" 4.0 SACD and Joe Cocker "WALHFMF" Stereo SACD coming next from AF

Can't order them here yet, but this is the Importcds link for The Doors Quad:

http://www.importcds.com/music/41825...t-of-the-doors

Also, Joe Cocker: http://www.importcds.com/music/41824...e-help-from-my

18. Thanks Clint Eastwood, JanBakker, timbre4, fizzywiggs41 thanked for this post
    Likes timbre4 liked this post
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Best of Doors" 4.0 SACD and Joe Cocker "WALHFMF" Stereo SACD coming next from AF

Quote Originally Posted by Old Quad Guy View Post
    Can't order it here yet, but this is the Importcds link for The Doors Quad:

http://www.importcds.com/music/41825...t-of-the-doors
    Yep...so it definitely is in the reasonable range...it's also on elusive disc now here

20. Likes Old Quad Guy, JanBakker liked this post
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOS View Post
    AWESOME!!! Nice find my man...I hadn't checked back at Amazon...though my order is in.
    I wish amazon wouldn't do that...they just float a price out there in the early listing and then they reduce it when other outlets get advance notice of the disc...it discourages people who aren't aware of other outlets that will sell the same product at a cheaper price.....then they rush in like they are saving you money on the release...kinda like the used car salesman that goes down the hall and talks to his manager about giving you a better deal on a used car..I used to love amazon but find myself doing less business with them...

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree - I still do a lot of business, but I certainly have been buying from others.

I wish amazon wouldn't do that...they just float a price out there in the early listing and then they reduce it when other outlets get advance notice of the disc...it discourages people who aren't aware of other outlets that will sell the same product at a cheaper price.....then they rush in like they are saving you money on the release...kinda like the used car salesman that goes down the hall and talks to his manager about giving you a better deal on a used car..I used to love amazon but find myself doing less business with them...

300 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the price they "float out there" the MSRP. It isn't just something they make up. Then they price to match competition. Sounds reasonable to me. Plus if you order with them, they will give you the lowest price offered between when you order and when it ships. The only way that would be a bad deal is if they held MSRP the whole time (hasn't happened on my orders yet). I don't have any problem with it. I trust their shipping to get to me on release date, and the price ends up being fair.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezmo View Post
    Isn't the price they "float out there" the MSRP. It isn't just something they make up. Then they price to match competition. Sounds reasonable to me. Plus if you order with them, they will give you the lowest price offered between when you order and when it ships. The only way that would be a bad deal is if they held MSRP the whole time (hasn't happened on my orders yet). I don't have any problem with it. I trust their shipping to get to me on release date, and the price ends up being fair.
    That's an interesting point you bring up about the MSRP..the starting amazon price was over $32 and I can't remember seeing that price used on AF's OWN website HERE and its their own product...but it appears to be a "flex" suggested retail price as importcds uses $33.98..but the difference between importcds and most of the other places is they don't start their prices at that level like amazon does...and as far as price matching the competition...try telling amazon that the price of that disc is $21.26 at importcds and see if they price match it...I've tried and they wouldn't..even considering that the price for shipping and handling on importcds is still cheaper than amazon's...I'm not saying that they are price gouging..because they aren't...but like you said they never sell at this so called MSRP and it's a little disingenuous to proclaim how much they saved you when it ships as it was never going to be sold at the initial inflated price...a self-fulfilling prophecy is created...amazon knows that if they are even close to what other outlets are selling it for their prime customers will purchase thru amazon...to justify their prime memberships...if you don't use their streaming service you would have to make 25 transactions under $35.00(the free shipping threshold)to break even for the cost of prime membership...

Again...I'm not saying it's not a fair price..I just wish they would stop the vaudeville act and let potential customers know what the price is from the start..some potential customers that aren't tied to amazon with prime might be put off by the price and lose interest in the title...

25. Likes peterzach, fizzywiggs41, sf49erjohn liked this post
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star cupboy's Avatar
    Level
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who pre-ordered from Amazon looks like the price went down to $27.99 at some point.
    Attached Images Attached Images

27. Thanks Snood thanked for this post
    Likes Old Quad Guy, Snood, leahypc liked this post
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    For those who pre-ordered from Amazon looks like the price went down to $27.99 at some point.
    On the previous page in this thread it was mentioned

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

On the previous page in this thread it was mentioned
    I couldn't find it. Was there a picture?

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassSocial
    Post Thanks / Like

You can now pre-order from ImportCDs...

http://www.importcds.com/best-of-the-doors/780014220624

FYI - They've re-branded their site - it looks a bit better, but its still a bit clunky in terms of usability...(IMHO)...

Edit: Or even worse you can't see order status online...

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post

FYI - They've re-branded their site - it looks a bit better, but its still a bit clunky in terms of usability...(IMHO)...

I liked the old site better. What's kind of funny the new site shows Paul McCartney "New" SHM CD currently in my cart. That's from a long time ago.

Whats even funnier I clicked the item and it says Sorry, we couldn't find that product.

Level
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Post Thanks / Like

I just pre-ordered two. Great price, but they hit my CC right away. (I get notices from Amex whenever there is a 'non-present' purchase added to my card - a nice feature btw)
    :-jon

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassSocial
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonUrban View Post
    I just pre-ordered two. Great price, but they hit my CC right away. (I get notices from Amex whenever there is a 'non-present' purchase added to my card - a nice feature btw)
    I ordered one from Amazon (initially) and one from here...

My eggs aren't in the same basket (just in case)....

34. Likes Quad Linda liked this post
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star Neil Palfreyman's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

International shipping isn't too bad either, so I ordered from there too. Thanks for the heads-up!

36. Likes LizardKing liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Import Cd does pre hit your credit card when you order it, but it doesn't get charged til they are ready to ship it.

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star wavelength's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 944
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasong View Post
    Import Cd does pre hit your credit card when you order it, but it doesn't get charged til they are ready to ship it.
    I don't understand. If your credit card company has the purchase entered on your account then payment is due on your next credit card billing date. That has nothing to do with whether it's shipped.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wavelength View Post
    I don't understand. If your credit card company has the purchase entered on your account then payment is due on your next credit card billing date. That has nothing to do with whether it's shipped.
    It depends on whether your credit card has the charge as "pending"..which doesn't reflect on your current balance...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast