Buying Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pre-ordered two. Great price, but they hit my CC right away. (I get notices from Amex whenever there is a 'non-present' purchase added to my card - a nice feature btw)

I ordered one from Amazon (initially) and one from here...

My eggs aren't in the same basket (just in case).... :)

Import Cd does pre hit your credit card when you order it, but it doesn't get charged til they are ready to ship it.

Right, that's been my experience as well. No worries, at least here..

Well perhaps. I still don't like Imports CD policy. Their website says "Your Credit Card will only be charged for items that have shipped." But Jon said his card got hit as soon as he placed his pre-order. That seems like a contradiction of their policy.

You guys are reporting satisfaction with Imports CD so I'll likely go with them if there's something I want. I just wish they'd be more transparent and say exactly what their policy with credit cards is.

Well perhaps. I still don't like Imports CD policy. Their website says "Your Credit Card will only be charged for items that have shipped." But Jon said his card got hit as soon as he placed his pre-order. That seems like a contradiction of their policy.

You guys are reporting satisfaction with Imports CD so I'll likely go with them if there's something I want. I just wish they'd be more transparent and say exactly what their policy with credit cards is.

I'm not sure about importcds policy..I do remember a split order from them and they didn't charge the second item until it was shipped..but every business I deal with will "pre authorize" your purchase on your credit card to see if you have room for the purchase..usually that involves it being put in the "pending"section of your credit card..I constantly check my credit card website to see what's going on with purchases..and then when it ships the charge goes from pending to your actual purchase balance..somebody tried to charge something on my credit card once..but it was stopped in the "pending" stage by my credit card company...I now have lifelock and they are all over any new activity on my credit accounts...I get notified right away if someone attempts any fraudulent activity...

I'm not sure about importcds policy..I do remember a split order from them and they didn't charge the second item until it was shipped..but every business I deal with will "pre authorize" your purchase on your credit card to see if you have room for the purchase..usually that involves it being put in the "pending"section of your credit card..I constantly check my credit card website to see what's going on with purchases..and then when it ships the charge goes from pending to your actual purchase balance..somebody tried to charge something on my credit card once..but it was stopped in the "pending" stage by my credit card company...I now have lifelock and they are all over any new activity on my credit accounts...I get notified right away if someone attempts any fraudulent activity...
Thanks CE. I wasn't aware of that. btw Imports CD policy is stated here (scroll down to the "Payment" section):
http://www.importcds.com/faq#faq

Got my order in for two, so now I've got 5.

Last edited:
Even simple emails about The Doors gets me all fired up....email from Big River this afternoon....

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

Doors "Best of the Doors"
Estimated arrival date: June 29, 2015

Please visit Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount?ref=fxm_em_4_0) for the most up-to-date delivery information about this order. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account at no additional cost.

I don't remember if Import CDs pulled The Doors preorder from their site when we all had our orders canceled, but it's either still there or back up. I thought, what the heck - pre-order it again and see what happens.

Back