Buying Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deep Discount emailed me my SACD order of Best of the Doors has shipped. Interesting I didn't think it would ship until the end of the month?

It's because their shipping is very slow..it won't arrive before the release date..which is either the 29th or 30th...I've bought from them quite a few times...I just accept the fact that the shipping is slow...just don't panic...you will receive it...my Doors copy from importCD's has shipped...and it's the same with them...they also have slow shipping...but that's part of the "good price" you receive from some of these companies...it's a tradeoff...

ImportCDs had cancelled my order and refunded my money. I took a chance and re-ordered from tham again, and today I got the "shipped" notice!

ImportCDs had cancelled my order and refunded my money. I took a chance and re-ordered from tham again, and today I got the "shipped" notice!

Me too...I think importCDs took the blame for something that wasn't entirely their fault...Audio Fidelity was making some distribution changes at the time which impacted importCD's...just my opinion...I don't take these things so personally like some other members do...if they cancel the order it's not the end of the world...

Yea, my two got shipped also. I tried to cancel but I was too late. I had decided I only needed one extra copy rather than two, but whatever...

It's because their shipping is very slow..it won't arrive before the release date..which is either the 29th or 30th...I've bought from them quite a few times...I just accept the fact that the shipping is slow...just don't panic...you will receive it...my Doors copy from importCD's has shipped...and it's the same with them...they also have slow shipping...but that's part of the "good price" you receive from some of these companies...it's a tradeoff...

Panic? Me panic? :yikes If it arrives on the 29th or 30th or shortly after I will be ecstatic!
John

I have 2 copies of The Doors arriving Monday AM......they are actually pretty close right now...not sure why they don't just deliver tomorrow.

Rather shocked given my prior experiences with ImportCD's but The Best of the Doors and Joe Cocker titles showed up this morning!

Rather shocked given my prior experiences with ImportCD's but The Best of the Doors and Joe Cocker titles showed up this morning!

My two extra copies of Best of the Doors showed up today from them also, with sequential serial numbers. I'll be leaving them sealed.

Those numbers are meaningless...just marketing...SACD's aren't like real collectibles...

SACDs are indeed more than real collectables if they contain great multichannel mixes or a superb mastering and they're out of print. Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Ferry's Boys & Girls and Roxy's Avalon come to mind. But I agree with you about the numbers.

Back