Buying Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are usually one of the cheapest...the trade off is they take a little longer to reach you...which I don't mind...I've never had a problem with them...

See, if I can get these at $20 rather than $25 or $30 each, then I feel ok about springing for 4 of 5 of them in one sweep. I want to support the format at AF, and maybe grab more of them than I normally would have. But money is still tight. So five discs for a "C" note plus shipping is not really bad at all.

I like import Cd. Their prices are the cheapiest and yes sometimes it is delivered a week or ten days later then the other guy.

the only thing I don't like is that they charge your account - credit/debit card when you order not when its shipped. this can be 4-6 weeks

Very reluctantly cancelled my pre-order's for these two SACDs tonight, the realisation of the impending move has hit me like a two ton truck and I just can't add anything more to the piles of shhh..stuff for now. Boo...! :(

I like import Cd. Their prices are the cheapiest and yes sometimes it is delivered a week or ten days later then the other guy.

the only thing I don't like is that they charge your account - credit/debit card when you order not when its shipped. this can be 4-6 weeks

For US orders they do not charge CREDIT cards until they ship...all they do is get the authorization and it's "pending" until they actually ship it...but you aren't charged...it's in the FAQ HERE..if you are using pay pal or a third party payment method it will be charged when you order...

For US orders they do not charge CREDIT cards until they ship...all they do is get the authorization and it's "pending" until they actually ship it...but you aren't charged...it's in the FAQ HERE..if you are using pay pal or a third party payment method it will be charged when you order...

my bank shows it as a debit against the account. the balance changes as well

my bank shows it as a debit against the account. the balance changes as well

I'm talking about credit cards...not debit or pay pal...and as I said... all they do is see if the charges are authorized and are in a pending status until the item ships and then it goes from pending to an actual charge...the only "balance" that changes is the amount of credit you have available to you...minus the amount of the item that is pending...most places do the exact same thing...

I may have to end up canceling my preorders of these for now, just cause I want to make sure that I'll most likely have enough money for some of the other releases coming out in Oct/Nov (especially the expensive boxes like "THRAK" and "Premonitions") before pulling the trigger on these two releases.

Oh decisions, decisions...

I may have to end up canceling my preorders of these for now, just cause I want to make sure that I'll most likely have enough money for some of the other releases coming out in Oct/Nov (especially the expensive boxes like "THRAK" and "Premonitions") before pulling the trigger on these two releases.

Oh decisions, decisions...

:yikes what a conundrum! :(
(I may re-pre-order and still try and shoehorn these two in.. and to hell with the move.. dying to hear them in all their Hi-Res glory!)

I'm talking about credit cards...not debit or pay pal...and as I said... all they do is see if the charges are authorized and are in a pending status until the item ships and then it goes from pending to an actual charge...the only "balance" that changes is the amount of credit you have available to you...minus the amount of the item that is pending...most places do the exact same thing...

Speaking of paypal. I set up my shopping cart with a couple of things, got ready to check out and could not find the paypal button to hit, only the credit card selector. Four times I tried to do PP, and finally gave up. Could you let me in on the secret of using paypal at importCD?

Speaking of paypal. I set up my shopping cart with a couple of things, got ready to check out and could not find the paypal button to hit, only the credit card selector. Four times I tried to do PP, and finally gave up. Could you let me in on the secret of using paypal at importCD?

Don't go to the standard check-out, once you've added to the cart, view it and you should see the PayPal button towards the bottom of the page. But something isn't quite working correctly as I tried to select shipping to the UK and it didn't add it.

EDIT: PS: I did this earlier today and left the page now I've been sent an e-mail with a $5 off voucher code!

After reading the post from DuncanS it looks like they must have had a computer problem earlier in the day when you tried it..I just tried and it works fine for me...just put it in the shopping cart and then enter your zip code to determine the shipping costs and then click on the pay pal button which is right near the secure checkout tab...

:yikes what a conundrum! :(
(I may re-pre-order and still try and shoehorn these two in.. and to hell with the move.. dying to hear them in all their Hi-Res glory!)

I went ahead and cancelled the preorders for now, just to be on the safe side.
Once I get some more money in soon, I'll be able to better take stock of what I've got and what I can use towards these upcoming surround releases.
I've already put my money towards "Oranges & Lemons" and both versions of "Fragile", but I've still gotta make sure I have enough for the "THRAK" and "Steve Hackett" boxes, plus the Blu-Ray version of "Rattle That Lock", so if the AF Quad SACDs need to take a back seat for now, so be it.
Que sera, sera…
but also Hope Springs Eternal that I will eventually get these other (sure to be fab) SACDs! :)

Back