Blue Oyster Cult and Boston SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Well, there's people who say the Boston and Blue Oyster Cult SACDs sound lousy too... which wasn't my experience.

I just checked my PO Box today and my order from a couple of weeks ago still has not arrived. And my CDJapan order is a no show too. Maybe customs is busy right now.

Well, there's people who say the Boston and Blue Oyster Cult SACDs sound lousy too... which wasn't my experience.

I just checked my PO Box today and my order from a couple of weeks ago still has not arrived. And my CDJapan order is a no show too. Maybe customs is busy right now.

I love the Boston and BÖC SACDs (to coin Plan9's phrase above ^^ :) ) this Roxy comp "isn't in the same league" soundwise imho.. I literally only got it because it's an SACD I've wanted forever and I won the recent eBay auction at a price frankly lower than I thought it would go for and never expected to win at that price.

I love the Boston and BÖC SACDs (to coin Plan9's phrase above ^^ :) ) this Roxy comp "isn't in the same league" soundwise imho.. I literally only got it because it's an SACD I've wanted forever and I won the recent eBay auction at a price frankly lower than I thought it would go for and never expected to win at that price.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT??? (as Snood might say)

I don't have either the Boston or BOC...as I assumed, and or heard they were a train wreck. Are you suggesting I should get either or?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT??? (as Snood might say)

I don't have either the Boston or BOC...as I assumed, and or heard they were a train wreck. Are you suggesting I should get either or?

Haha :D Obviously in an ideal world I'd rather Boston in 5.1 but as Stereo goes I really like the SACD and prefer it to the other CD versions I've got (a U.S. 80's, an Austrian 80's and one of the 90's remasters) and the BÖC isn't the finest example of surround or sound but I really like it, the mix has it's fun moments and I enjoy the music so much it's one I always listen to from start to finish (and that doesn't happen a lot since I started transferring surround music over to the computer where it's playlists a-go-go..!!) I'd say get them both, they're much better than their reputation suggests imho.

Haha :D Obviously in an ideal world I'd rather Boston in 5.1 but as Stereo goes I really like the SACD and prefer it to the other CD versions I've got (a U.S. 80's, an Austrian 80's and one of the 90's remasters) and the BÖC isn't the finest example of surround or sound but I really like it, the mix has it's fun moments and I enjoy the music so much it's one I always listen to from start to finish (and that doesn't happen a lot since I started transferring surround music over to the computer where it's playlists a-go-go..!!) I'd say get them both, they're much better than their reputation suggests imho.

Your comments are true though...many of us have certain discs that we simply tolerate because we absolutely LOVE the band. I have a few SACD or DVD-A that most folks trash...but I play them and smile cause I love the music....and it's my only shot at hi-rez....

Your comments are true though...many of us have certain discs that we simply tolerate because we absolutely LOVE the band. I have a few SACD or DVD-A that most folks trash...but I play them and smile cause I love the music....and it's my only shot at hi-rez....

With you all the way matey! I enjoy those two much more than tolerate though! There's some fun round the room panning on the Agents Of Fortune mix (which I'm always a sucker for!) oh and the Boston SACD pans out pretty well in PLII fwiw. Save the money you would have blown on the Roxy and hunt those two down my friend, you won't regret it!

Sometimes the artist and songs on the album take precedence over the less than stellar sound quality of the SACD.
The Boston and Blue Oyster Cult SACDs aren't generally considered as demonstrations of what the SACD format can deliver sonically. :)

As to the hefty prices, that does happen once SACDs go out of print. The good news for Boston fans is that the Stereo DSD is also available on Super HiRez for only $24.98 (it's #7 on their top sellers chart today).
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/96673/Boston-Boston-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download

Sometimes the artist and songs on the album take precedence over the less than stellar sound quality of the SACD.
The Boston and Blue Oyster Cult SACDs aren't generally considered as demonstrations of what the SACD format can deliver sonically. :)

As to the hefty prices, that does happen once SACDs go out of print. The good news for Boston fans is that the Stereo DSD is also available on Super HiRez for only $24.98 (it's #7 on their top sellers chart today).
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/96673/Boston-Boston-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download

Hehe - well, I already do have the DSD of Boston. It lacks serious punch. It really does. I'd call it....flat. boring......vanilla.

Hehe - well, I already do have the DSD of Boston. It lacks serious punch. It really does. I'd call it....flat. boring......vanilla.

And that's from the tape they used to create the SACD. It's definitely not a "5-Star" sonic star. :)

Nothing wrong with the BOC imho, but them again it's a desert island disc for me so any sonic shortcomings can be overlooked

Snood has the BOC Agents of Fortune - while not my favorite album by them (by far) there are a few highlight tracks on the album. Happy to have it when played LOUD :51banana:

Definitely not not show off material...........but entertaining :banana:

I doubt that it's a DVD-A, GOS. You're better off getting the official release of the Navy Pier show, "A Long Day's Night". The DVD-A is available as stand-alone or DualDisc, or you can get the DVD-V with dts. Very good show, if you haven't seen/heard it. The 5.1 is weak, though.

Back