YOUR LOCAL QUAD AND SURROUND ARTISTS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
We all have them.

Please list or post album pics of your own QUAD BANDS/ARTISTS and 5.1.They come from your city or town or state or province or district or prefrecture........well you get the point.If you can't post album pics then list em.And if there is added info/trivia .......so much the better.

derek

From Winnipeg Canada............THE GUESS WHO(quad sacd)

and soloist (SQ LP) BURTON CUMMINGS( from the guess who ) and also, same band, RANDY BACHMAN(BLU-RAY) 20150711_200234.jpg20150711_200153.jpg20150711_200503.jpg

Also WINNIPEG'S ex patriot........NEIL YOUNG (DVDA) and from the dvd (dts, dd) CSNY LIVE ANTHOLOGY which contains NEIL YOUNG'S ALBUM (minus 1 song) LIVING WITH WAR (DTS 5.1) videos.20150711_200320.jpg20150711_200306.jpg

There are so many artists from the Chicago area that have done Quad and 5.1 releases that I'm way too lazy to post photos of all of them. Likely I've overlooked a few, but this is a start:

Franz Benteler
Michael Bloomfield
Big Bill Broonzy
Chicago
Chicago Symphony
Chi-Lites
Nat King Cole
Cleveland Eaton
Miles Davis (Downstate Illinois)
Willie Dixon
Earth, Wind & Fire
Jerry Goodman (from Mahavishnu Orchestra)
Herbie Hancock
Jackson 5
Quincy Jones
John Klemmer
Bonnie Koloc
Curtis Mayfield
Jim Peterik (guest vocals on Chase's Pure Music)
Ramsey Lewis
Harvey Mandel
Possum River
Quadrastrings
Snooky Pryor
REO Speedwagon
Rufus
Dick Schory
Staple Singers
Ron Steele
Sun Ra
Mel Torme
Junior Wells

So hardly anyone, Quad Linda.
I just knew, had a sneaky suspicion actually, that CHICAGO THE GREAT CITY OF, would have a few Quad and 5.1 titles.Care to post a quad or 5.1 pic of an album or two.There's plenty of room for more in this thread, and I will be posting more title pics-all quad or 5.1.I thought it best not to waste an entire single post, or one time post for multiple pics of titles, so more will be forthcoming.
We all get to boast about our local quad heroes efforts in this manner.

oils.jpg

I'm from Sydney so The Church are local for me. So are these guys: Midnight Oil - Capricornia

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The only connection that I can come up with is for "Orleans"....they had the 5.1 live DTS disc release. They rehearsed a lot down the road in Ithaca and one of their members was living there (though he was born in Bay Shore, NY as was yours truly...). Singer/songwriter/guitarist for them, John Hall became the district's Congressman back in 2006-2010.
Only other musical fame for Trumansburg, NY is the annual "Grassroots Festival" (check it, pretty big names have performed over the years) and it was the early home of Moog Instruments, where his commercial products were first developed, in a double-wide storefront on Main Street.

ADDENDUM

ALL SURROUND TITLES S/B CONSIDERED!

THAT INCLUDES ; QSOUND, BINAURAL, QBI-PHONIC, HOLOPHONIC, OR OTHER PSEUDO SURROUND. ALSO CHACE, ULTRA, SHURE HTS, ETC, ETC, AD FINITUM.

THANKYOU
DEREK

Musically, one of the of the best and most overlooked Quads by a Chicago artist, which I have on SQ LP & Q8:

View attachment 19933
Upendo ni Pamoja (love is together) - Ramsey Lewis Trio

Ramsey Lewis' "Sun Goddess" album was on a couple of Sony Surround SACD pre-order lists
around 10-ish years ago iirc..

Brian Moura and Audio Fidelity, where are you...???? :D

These look like bootlegs - note the mis-spelled "Crazy Hors" - in a similar vein to "The Cream Of Eric Clapton" which is all DPLII upmixes
No they're the real deal.The Rust Never Sleeps is a bit of a butcher job on my part.It came in a large amaray case with the slip cover and no liner notes, so I tossed the big case in favour of a cd case.Not a very compatible work I have to admit, but I do not like those large amaray cases.
Just one day I picked a handful of music dvds (not all though) sliced em up with a box cutter.If they had sufficient liner notes, they were never considered for this outcome.

20150808_163635.jpg20150808_163710.jpg

Back