YOUR LOCAL QUAD AND SURROUND ARTISTS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway,Neil.......

In keeping with this thread, are there any artists in surround from your city district, shire, etc.you want to carry the torch for or boast about?

Must be someone in London Town?

Not too local as he hails from Lynn Lake MB (North Eastern part of my Province).

Excellent collection from Tom Cochrane and his band, Red Rider, Also available on DVD in 5.1 and both this DVDA and DVD have an excellent surround mix, by Richard Chycki of Rush's surround fame.

20150711_200411.jpg

I visited Lynn Lake once by train. Really out in the middle of nowhere. Saw the northern lights there. Fantastic.

I've never been but have been on "The Polar Bear Express" train, all the way to Churchill.Never paid a dime for that trip as my pop was a Railroad engineer and could get free passes through CNR.Had the privilege to go on a few train rides in my youth, and nothing beats a train ride in my opinion, always meet friendly people on the train rides, a lovely atmosphere on the train.

Not too local as he hails from Lynn Lake MB (North Eastern part of my Province).

Excellent collection from Tom Cochrane and his band, Red Rider, Also available on DVD in 5.1 and both this DVDA and DVD have an excellent surround mix, by Richard Chycki of Rush's surround fame.

View attachment 21104

Whoops meant to say NORTH WEST corner, had my wrong brain on probably.

(uppernorthwestwatchamacallitstan)

Well there are probably hundreds of rock and rollers in my county as well as movie stars. Since I live close to NYC many popular people migrate here to the suburbs. The only group that instantly comes to mind is Helmet of Gnats which I think was recorded right here in my home town. Released in surround on SACD. Been a while since I heard it. I think Edgar Winter may still live in the area. At one time Edgar and Johnny both lived here. Back In the late 60's while working in a store Johnny came in looking for an electric razor. Some of the Chamber Brothers Band came in every Sunday for smokes. Everyone came to me for smokes. Had the cheapest cigarettes in Connecticut.

Another Chicagoan is Lani Hall, the former lead vocalist with Sergio Mendes & Brazil '66. Although she was with him on all the classic late 60's Brazil '66 albums, Greatest Hits on Q8 was the only Mendes Quad she was on. BTW: Joe took me to see/listen to her and her husband Herb Alpert for our first date! :banana:

Unknown-1.jpeg

I am gonna lay partial claim to Earth, Wind & Fire, who were founded in Chicago and LA, but featured two Denver locals (vocalist Philip Bailey & his former Denver East High School classmate, saxophonist Andrew Woolfolk. Also, two of their quad albums were recorded at Colorado's Caribou Ranch Studio: Open Our Eyes & That's The Way Of The World.

Other local artists include:
Ian Cooke with his new album "Antiquasauria"
Janet Feder - Songs With Words and a new one called "This Close" available now as a download:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...coustic-Sounds&p=257017&viewfull=1#post257017

Also Immersive Studios in Boulder, Colorado is conducting many surround recordings, most of which are thus far unreleased. One release from there is "Hearts Look Twice" by Steven Vidaic

And let us not forget Gus Skinas of the Super Audio Center in Longmont, who is doing the DSD transfers and mastering for many of the old beloved and recent SACD surround releases.

Ann Mortifee - Into the Heart the Sangoma
She's originally from South Africa but based in Vancouver forever

Tom Cochrane/Red Rider - Trapeze
Yes, Tom is from Lynn Lake but he, and especially his band Red Rider, were based in Vancouveer for years

Diana Krall - When I Look in Your Eyes/Love Scenes/The Look of Love/The Girl in the Other Room
She's from Nanaimo but close enough to count IMHO

Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Not Fragile
Most of the guys are from Winnipeg but the band was based here

Hey, Rang,

Are not a large number of SONGLINES 5.0 SACD artists from your vacinity?

Good point, I bet you're right.
I only mentioned discs I actually own (the single Songlines disc I have is by a Frenchman) but many of their releases were by local artists

Good point, I bet you're right.
I only mentioned discs I actually own (the single Songlines disc I have is by a Frenchman) but many of their releases were by local artists

Here's one I TOTALLY recommend, and I believe Granelli hails from the West Coast.Excellent work very moody music with a narrative story throughout.If you want to try only one Songline SACD 5.0, this s/b the one.

20150904_195117.jpg

Back