Qobuz 5.1 downloads. Any recommendations?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Qobuz is offering 5.1 downloads. To this day only in the classical genre, http://www.qobuz.com/nl-nl/quality/...]=24+bits+/+96.0+kHz+-+Multicanal+5.1#results

As I am not familiar with this genre, I would appreciate some recommendations. Are these any good from a performance and mix point of view?

Thanks in advance for advice.

p.s. today I wrote to Qobuz pointing to the Kscope catalogue and their expanding number of surround titles. I received a reply that Q would talk to the label. Not sure if this was some generic response or not. We will see :)

I'm working in getting some non-Classical titles I mixed in 5.1 released on Qobuz.

I'll let you know if it works out!

I'm working in getting some non-Classical titles I mixed in 5.1 released on Qobuz.

Alright! :upthumb

I'm not big on downloads (understatement).. but if its your work in 5.1 and we can't get it any other way of course I'd go for it.

Bonne chance! :p

Sounds interesting, keep us informed.

Then its just down to fighting Windows 10 to let me burn a DVD-A or BD-A of them, it disabled the drivers for both my burners and graphics this weekend, and it seems to hate the Lightscribe driver! :flame:flame

Qobuz also has a wide variety of matrix encoded material available. I've made lots of public playlists that you can search for - add 'SQ encoded' or 'QS encoded' and the content will come up and you can stream it/or download according to your plan. I wasn't aware of the 5.1 downloads though, that's very exciting news.

I just bought John Adam's 'Absolute Jest' as a 5.1 24/192 FLAC set to give it a go. Price was low and I'm looking forward to trying it tonight. I divide my time between two places and the system tonight is the 'B' system (also known as the one I upgraded from) and generally if it sounds good on that system, it will sound stellar on the 'A' system. I'll report back after.

Back