Sly & the Family Stone Greatest Hits - 4.0 Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD (October 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like getting a corrected replacement to the UK isn't something on Audio Fidelity's list. I contacted them four weeks ago, and other than the automated reply have heard nothing so far. Shame.

Same here in Spain..I got an email months ago and have sent them a couple of follow up emails and have gotten no response so far...

Maybe The MCH Maven can help us with this......Brian...are you there?

Same here in Spain..I got an email months ago and have sent them a couple of follow up emails and have gotten no response so far...

Maybe The MCH Maven can help us with this......Brian...are you there?

I checked my Marshall Blonstein at Audio Fidelity and he tells me they have corrected SACDs of the Sly & the Family Stone Greatest Hits available for listeners who need a replacement SACD.
Best bet is to drop him a line at [email protected] and provide your request, proof of purchase and address.

I checked my Marshall Blonstein at Audio Fidelity and he tells me they have corrected SACDs of the Sly & the Family Stone Greatest Hits available for listeners who need a replacement SACD.
Best bet is to drop him a line at [email protected] and provide your request, proof of purchase and address.

I already did that (proof of purchase, etc) and they told me a couple of months ago that it was coming, but not to Marshall, it was someone else..
Thank you very much Brian!

Is it available to those who haven't bought it already?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But are Elusive Disc, Acoustic Sounds, and Music Direct now selling the corrected version of the SACD as opposed to the faulty one originally sent out to retailers?

But are Elusive Disc, Acoustic Sounds, and Music Direct now selling the corrected version of the SACD as opposed to the faulty one originally sent out to retailers?

Yes. They all went out of stock on Sly & the Family Stone - Greatest Hits from Audio Fidelity on Multichannel SACD for some time.
Just came back into stock at those stores with the new -3 corrected edition.

I bought from a U.S. seller - unfortunately it was the original faulty pressing, but I am assured Marshall will see me right so I must email him!

I was contacted about my original enquiry about ten days ago, emailed proof a couple of days later, and got notification that it was posted less than two hours after that. It took around a week to get to the UK.

I've had to send various emails..last time they responded the same day, but that was about 3 weeks ago...told me it was sent... CDs from the US take about a week to get here...I'm starting to get miffed...

"Life" and "You can make it if you try" would be the easiest to fix. Just swap back channels for fronts thus taking the total of songs to 10 of 12 having fine mixes. "Stand" could be upgraded to being on par with "Higher", but out of all the songs, these are the worst mixes of the bunch. Would be hard to fix them without a proper remix.

I'll just use my rotating desk chair and spin around the room as necessary! (y)

I understand that this is the Quadraphonic Quad forum but has anyone listened to the mono SACD layer?
Over at SHF, there is considerable consternation that the mono mix is seriously off balance.

Now that I've got a DSD-aware version of SoX, I played around with this one earlier. The below code will create a new file that discards the original right channel and replaces it with the contents of the left. If you leave off the second "1", you'll get a true one-channel DSD file, however in my testing only Foobar2000 would play it. An Oppo BDP-103 didn't know what to do with it and neither did the DSD->PCM transcoder in Logitech Media Server. In fact, the latter failure was so dramatic that I'm not sure I don't actually have some other issue.

Code:
sox-dsd-linux-gnu-amd64 --no-clobber "Bad Input File.dsf" "Good Output File.dsf" remix 1 1

If you have one of the corrected discs and/or don't have SACD backup capability, ignore this post.

My apologies for not reading through all 330+ posts to find the answer to this question: how can one be certain that they have the corrected version? Does the packaging reflect the new (-3) catalog number? Or is it only in the matrix of the disc?

Back