How do you all feed HDTracks files thru the SM to record the 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
So you buy a 24/96 stereo download from HDTracks, now the objective is to play those files through the Surround Master QS mode and record the resulting 4.0 or 5.1 files for use as a DVD-A, SACD-R, or .flac file for listening.

What's the best way to do this, assuming that the files are on the same PC that you're going to be recording the output on.

I've burned the files to a temporary stereo DVD-A and then played them from a DVD-A player into the SM, but there has to be an easier way.

What do you all do?

well Jon, couple months back i asked guys from Involve but seems like they are hesitant
to build multi-media unit with wireless abilities. too bad.
in your case, my guess, solution lays only to use long cable to connect PC out to SM in or to buy
media unit which works wirelessly and knows what flac is and hook it up to your SM.
also you may try to feed SM through your OPPO by the memory stick/HDD with files on it.

Last edited:
So you buy a 24/96 stereo download from HDTracks, now the objective is to play those files through the Surround Master QS mode and record the resulting 4.0 or 5.1 files for use as a DVD-A, SACD-R, or .flac file for listening.

What's the best way to do this, assuming that the files are on the same PC that you're going to be recording the output on.

I've burned the files to a temporary stereo DVD-A and then played them from a DVD-A player into the SM, but there has to be an easier way.

What do you all do?

Something like a Raspberry Pi with a DAC, maybe...you could just copy the files to the internal MicroSD card and play from there. The bulk of the work (and expense) would be a one-time thing, but unless creating that temporary DVD-A is really painful it might not be worth it.

Back