Modern DVD-A authoring programs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow what a thread and as a previous poster said "my head is still spinning"

Ok so I'm an end user but I am trying to help my buddy turn his first solo release into a 5.1. My first thought was a DVDA in the vain all those dark moons ago of Neil's SUPO DVDA of DSOTM with menus, splash screens and pics but adding a stereo layer and maybe a vid or two but wow what a hill to climb with all the legacy OS systems and soft ware Neil and you guyz use to make it all happen.

So the question has been asked before, are there any updates to make this happen that are cheap?

I'm still kinda clinging to the DVDA format as opposed to BD.

Or once we get his first solo mixed in MC do we then get it authored by one of you genius's who have this down? $ is an issue on this project and my input is just advising on what makes a good surround mix, helping with the mix using Sonar which I am doing for free for two reasons, he's my friend and for you guyz.

Hey Dave, I can maybe help you. What type of computer and what operating system version are you using?
Kevin

Great thanks Kevin!:banana:

So my HP laptop runs windows 8.1

So Wayne Ramm and I are pretty early on in this project of remixing his solo in 5.1 but I'm just trying to get ahead of the game for when it's time to author it. Was hoping to make it a fun DVDA with pics, a stereo layer and a vid of Wayne playing all the instruments.

I'll send you a pm, work at the hospital right now.

Thanks Kevin

So... Does anyone have a suggestion for a more modern app that isn't a $1200 suite from Sonic? Is there even anything besides the abandon-ware I still use (Discwelder Chrome)? I just can't justify Sonic when Discwelder gets me from point A to B even if it's kludged. (Not exactly swimming in paying surround clients here.)

Nothing that I know of reliably jim, that is what i can send to dave; surcode mlp and discwelder chrome and hopefully it can do what he wants it to. Or at least most of what he wants.

Back