Steven Wilson "Beat" & "Three of a Perfect Pair"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Hi Steven.

Great to see you on here again responding to our posts! We always appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I wonder if you have any insight to share into the constant delays of the release of the 40th anniversary editions of "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair", as it now looks like neither one of them will once again be released this year.
I have a feeling that you aren't the cause of the delays (your remixing is done, etc.) but it's baffling to me what could be holding them up this long.

It would be nice if Robert Fripp could at least green-light a download release of your stereo remixes for the time being so we can all hear how they turned out. Your stereo remix of "Sleepless" on the Elements of King Crimson 2014 Tour Box is extremely good!

Thanks again for you time! :)

Ryan

Hi Steven.

Great to see you on here again responding to our posts! We always appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I wonder if you have any insight to share into the constant delays of the release of the 40th anniversary editions of "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair", as it now looks like neither one of them will once again be released this year.
I have a feeling that you aren't the cause of the delays (your remixing is done, etc.) but it's baffling to me what could be holding them up this long.

It would be nice if Robert Fripp could at least green-light a download release of your stereo remixes for the time being so we can all hear how they turned out. Your stereo remix of "Sleepless" on the Elements of King Crimson 2014 Tour Box is extremely good!

Thanks again for you time! :)

Ryan

I suspect that the combination of the current reformation of the band, the series of multi disc live box sets, and the acknowledgment that these 2 titles will be tougher to sell than the previous releases in the series, have all conspired to keep pushing them back down the priority list - but can only keep our fingers crossed for 2016!

Tougher to sell than previous releases in the series?

I respectfully disagree:)

This may be my favorite era of KC and I await these two with great anticipation

Maybe if these reissues do finally get out next year, they can put them together, along with "Discipline", in an 80s-era box set with DVD-A and Blu-Ray.
I doubt each of these albums could warrant a box set on their own, but together, that could make a fabulous box! :)

Back