Steven Wilson Cocteau Twins mentioned on your Tour

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Steven, firstly want to give you a big thanks for coming to Vancouver BC for the first time in June of this year. I really enjoyed your concert and it so was nice to not have to drive three hours to see you play live as I have done in the past as closest tour stop was Seattle. I hope you will be able to come to our city again in future concert years.
During the show you mentioned some different 80's bands that your really enjoyed and besides TFF the one that really got my ears burning was you mentioning Cocteau Twins which was a band that I also thoroughly enjoyed as well as a few others from the 4AD label like This Mortal Coil,The The,Pixies,Throwing Muses,Modern English.

Is there any chance that Cocteau Twins could be coming to us in 5.1 as think it would sound incredibly good with those dreamy vocals and layered guitar sounds sweeping all around you?

peter

Steven, firstly want to give you a big thanks for coming to Vancouver BC for the first time in June of this year. I really enjoyed your concert and it so was nice to not have to drive three hours to see you play live as I have done in the past as closest tour stop was Seattle. I hope you will be able to come to our city again in future concert years.
During the show you mentioned some different 80's bands that your really enjoyed and besides TFF the one that really got my ears burning was you mentioning Cocteau Twins which was a band that I also thoroughly enjoyed as well as a few others from the 4AD label like This Mortal Coil,The The,Pixies,Throwing Muses,Modern English.

Is there any chance that Cocteau Twins could be coming to us in 5.1 as think it would sound incredibly good with those dreamy vocals and layered guitar sounds sweeping all around you?

peter

Wait until kap'n krunch hears your mention of the Cocteau Twins:music

peter

Going off topic slightly, I actually met Kristin Hersh once (leader of Throwing Muses) at a book signing in New Orleans because her husband and manager Billy O'Connell taught me a few college courses at Loyola University a few years ago. Great folks they are! :)

Going off topic slightly, I actually met Kristin Hersh once (leader of Throwing Muses) at a book signing in New Orleans because her husband and manager Billy O'Connell taught me a few college courses at Loyola University a few years ago. Great folks they are! :)

Cocteau Twins in surround would be awesome.

Throwing Muses' The Real Ramona and University would too. I sat in the front row at a Kristin Hersh acoustic concert in the 90's about 5 metres from her very focused gaze. It was intense.

peter

I can only say that I'd love to do Cocteaus in 5.1 if the interest was there from artist and/or label, although perhaps Dead Can Dance would be top of my personal list of 4AD artists. At the moment I'm busy enough that I'm not really searching out new artists for remixing, and I can only fit so much in around my own musical activities, so I'm picking projects to do from those that I get offered, which has tended to be mostly stuff of a progressive rock nature, although I'm happy to say that this does seem to be broadening out.

I can only say that I'd love to do Cocteaus in 5.1 if the interest was there from artist and/or label, although perhaps Dead Can Dance would be top of my personal list of 4AD artists. At the moment I'm busy enough that I'm not really searching out new artists for remixing, and I can only fit so much in around my own musical activities, so I'm picking projects to do from those that I get offered, which has tended to be mostly stuff of a progressive rock nature, although I'm happy to say that this does seem to be broadening out.

Thanks Steven,

here's hoping then that the artist and/or label get ahold of you at some time and that you also have time on your busy schedule to do it.
Dead Can Dance although not my 4AD favorite is also a very good choice for surround treatment.

peter

Cocteau Twins in 5.1 would be great, as would Dead Can Dance, keeping with bands beginning with C, some more Caravan would be great, as would any Camel.

The only tiny baby hiccup about DCD is that ...they used to FLY IN STUFF during MIXDOWN!!!! That is why the reissues are STEREO ONLY...
I think that the best and possibly more commercial way is the "Cocs"..

let me point out that I mentioned this a few years ago! The CTwins in Surround...

Last edited:
Dead Can Dance, This Mortal coil and Philtre are mentioned in the "Perfect Life" track on Hand Cannot Erase. Perhaps a hint of things to come?

Dead Can Dance would be great in surround. The stereo releases just didn't do it for me. I remember back when I first discovered Dead Can Dance from a former girlfriend who was in to them. Even though my love for her faded, I still like the music!

Back