Herbie Hancock's "Head Hunters" Multichannel SACD reissue on AP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I missing something here? Did Analogue Productions/Acoustic Sounds change its course on this SACD without any of us noticing?
Look at what it now says on their website: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/104679/Herbie_Hancock-Head_Hunters-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

"A defining masterpiece of jazz funk, now on Hybrid Multichannel SACD!
Includes the original Stereo & Quadraphonic (4.0 Surround) Mixes!
Mastered at Sterling Sound by Ryan Smith"

Arrival Date is Still To Be Announced though...

^^^^^THE KISS OF DEATH^^^^^^^^

Eh, I can wait. I have never been in a rush to buy this album, and I doubt that will change.

On the same page at acoustic sounds there are 3 "to be announced" titles that have been that way for over 2 years....what kills me is that they keep putting these titles in their catalog...like the Cars SACD's are in their Winter 2015 edition AGAIN!..

AS has released MCH SACDs before but they've never remixed or remastered the MCH layer AFAIK.
2-Channel bigots

AP just need to decide if they want an additional market of buyers, or are they content with what they have already!

Add quad surround mix and I'm in. Don't add it, and I'll pass, it's pretty simple.

It would be nice if AF and then AP both added this feature when the tapes are there, thus forcing MFSL to do the same or risk being the other label that does not offer what everyone else is offering at the same price point.

We've missed out on so many good quad mixes due to SACDs coming out without including them.

I just hope AP lets us know officially if they want the extra business or not.

If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first surround SACD from Analogue Productions/Acoustic Sounds to include a Quad mix. All 9 of the other Surround SACD releases from them ("Wish You Were Here", "Amused to Death", "Come Away With Me", and the 6 Doors titles) had recent 5.1 mixes included.
Maybe this could actually be the start of AP/AS taking Quad mixes seriously and including them on future SACD releases. Only time will tell! :)

Didn't this already come out in surround from Sony? I don't think it's anything new.

Didn't this already come out in surround from Sony? I don't think it's anything new.

It's been released in Multichannel SACD from Sony Music and Sony Japan.
My favorite edition so far has been the one from Sony Japan - sounds better to me than the original Multichannel SACD from Sony US.

Interesting that AP does not feel that the market is saturated with DSD issues of this title already, and it is willing to go it again even with two previous releases on SACD.

The re-release is out now at Acoustic Sounds for $30. No discounts.

Provided there was NOTHING wrong (phase issues, etc.) with SONY's initial multichannel release, NO use in double dipping. And NOT eligible for further discounting........Jeez! http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/104679/Herbie_Hancock-Head_Hunters-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

But it's heartening to see that AP isn't adverse to releasing multichannel product......... JUST wish they'd give us some new material that hasn't had a prior mch release.

It should be interesting comparing Watermelon Man on this one to the upcoming AF sampler... and too bad about those auction site sellers who want $150 for their Sony.

Thanks for letting us know, cupboy!
I never bought the original Sony SACD, so now is my time to jump on this new Analogue Productions SACD before that too goes the way of Sony's original SACD! :)

Back