Involve CD4....Is there any life in it????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has been a all in one unit
It was a kit from England
the CD4 was dorren the SQ was the best at the time before TATE
and the QS was Vario Matrix (QSD2)

Have you got any information on it, would love to read about it?
Regards

Chucky

[TABLE[/TABLE]
There has been a all in one unit
It was a kit from England
the CD4 was dorren the SQ was the best at the time before TATE
and the QS was Vario Matrix (QSD2)

Sorry it was just an ADD. in an English Audio Mag.
There were not details about making it.

Add another rabbit to your list Chucky, I'm in too.

This is an incredible thread. Do you realize that if this comes to fruition that Involve Audio will have outperformed and "obsoleted" all of the vintage,
top of the line, quad decoders/demodulators with two fell swoops (or maybe even one, if you go the route of a universal box)?

Chucky, one came up on ePay a couple years ago from a UK company called Compcor. I am not familiar with them and do not use 220 volt appliances so they would be lost on me. There was also apparently a couple of Denon units that also included UD4.

And I prefer further on a stand alone Demodulator, because I and some or many other fans own already an Involve QS/SQ decoder. Why two?

Dietrich

Hi All

This is slow going, based on my count we have 27 test bunnies giving a per unit cost of $720.

I hope we get some more enthusiasts to get this thing happening. In my background investigations I so far see no reasons why we cannot do this in DSP software on the existing SM to keep the cost down.

Time will tell.

Regards

Chucky

I already have the first Surround Master and would love to get the new SQ Surround Master unit. If it was included with a new cd-4 demodulator that would be a no brainer.

Hey Chucky, if you end up going with the DSP chip way of CD4 demogitating, will you be offering an update to existing SM's as well? P.S. I am still in even at $750 if it is an all in one device.

Chucky,

I really like the idea of an all in one multi-decoder unit with Involve/QS, SQ 1 (original), SQ 2 (LP version) and CD-4. I am also very interested in purchasing the new Involve Pre-Amp when available. I think it would be ideal if these two units could be combined into one "Special Edition" version of the new Involve Pre-Amp. It would greatly simplify my multi-channel audio system. I would be willing to spend around 1,500.00USD for such a unit. I also want to thank you and your team for creating the Surround Master SQ and for even considering developing a modern CD-4 demodulator. Your level of dedication and support to the Quad community is unmatched.

Now there is a good idea!

If we do this crazyness I see a SM plastic box cheaper unit and the all in one pro preamp for the whole show.

Regards

Chucky

Chucky,

I really like the idea of an all in one multi-decoder unit with Involve/QS, SQ 1 (original), SQ 2 (LP version) and CD-4. I am also very interested in purchasing the new Involve Pre-Amp when available. I think it would be ideal if these two units could be combined into one "Special Edition" version of the new Involve Pre-Amp. It would greatly simplify my multi-channel audio system. I would be willing to spend around 1,500.00USD for such a unit. I also want to thank you and your team for creating the Surround Master SQ and for even considering developing a modern CD-4 demodulator. Your level of dedication and support to the Quad community is unmatched.

I would do this just because it is too interesting to pass. I am getting rid of stuff, not accumulate more, but a box that may do a mighty good job on everything is actually reduction by addition! In

Dear Fellow Surround Loonies

By my count we now have a confirmed 30 pioneering types, this brings the cost down to US$683. We are getting close and its really looking like a possibility now.

Do we have any other CD4 desperado's??

Yours in deep craziness

Chucky

Back