Gather 'round all ye members for a moment

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...not to mention that it might be nice if the artists were to see SOME benefit from the re-release of their work - even if it is sometimes only a pittance...

Hmmm. I guess they're OK. Just mention their origin. I have no way of determining their legitimacy. Stuff from that area of the world is very hard to verify. Even some of the SACDs I've seen are, well, SACDs, but are they 100% legit? Well, they're listed over at sa-cd.net, right?

Just use good judgement and we'll leave it at that.

Maybe not for much longer, they're shutting up shop apparently..

Juan Mo Time:

You cannot say "Beatles Sgt Pepper DVD-A" because there is no such thing

You can say "Sgt Pepper comes out great with the Surround Master", or
"I heard Sgt Pepper after it went through the Surround Master", or
"DKA's upmix of Sgt Pepper is awesome"

You cannot say "I downloaded an upmix of Sgt Pepper by DKA", or
"I got a DVD-A of DKA's upmix", or "I got a copy of DKA's upmix of Sgt Pepper from a torrent".

Just talk about the upmix, do not say where it came from or how you got it.

That's about as simple as I can make it.

If you did it yourself, you can describe how you did it, what equipment you used, what source, anything you want if you did it yourself.

If someone else did it, just say you heard it. We don't need to know how.

AND one more thing, do not post pictures of bootleg CD's or DVD-A's.

OK? [ALL MODERATORS PLEASE TAKE NOTE]
I think this makes it perfectly clear!

the only upmixes I like are the ones done in official releases, I don't bother with any other kind.
I do NOT purchase bootlegs (I used to , but that was a long time ago) nor encourage people to do so (I have a workmate who used to SELL Bootlegs and buys quite a few....sorry, but that don't work for me...if he wants to shell out big bucks for non official recordings , that is HIS business)

This Yamaha RX amp/receiver has an upmix setting (stereo to 5.1) on it so I can listen to an upmix of anything. It do sound perty darn good!:mad:@:

Back